Post Thanks / Like

Review: ChocworkOrange Dodo Wax

dodo-juice-obi-dan-karnubi-chocwork-orange-wax-100-ml-13.gifProduct Description
    May the force of brilliant paint be with you!
    Hand-crafted, high-quality carnauba wax
    Designed for enthusiasts by an enthusiasts
    Distributed by Dodo Juice`s Independent Wax Label

With a name like Obi Dan Karnubi Chocwork Orange Wax, the wax inside doesn`t even have to be good. Luckily for you, it is excellent! Obi Dan Karnubi Chocwork Orange Wax is hand crafted in small batches, for enthusiasts by an enthusiast – simply known as Obi Dan Karnubi. One application of this wax will convince you that the force is strong in this formula as it beads water relentlessly and shields the paint from harmful environmental pollutants.

This wax was created by mysterious figure known as Obi Dan Karnubi by the detailing fanatics in England. Some say he lives in a cave in the desert, using mystical powers to craft waxes and defeat stormtroopers. While some truth may exist to these rumors, we do know that Obi Dan Karnubi has crafted an exceptional wax that imparts a brilliant, warm carnauba-glow on all paint colors. We also know that Obi Dan has a penchant for great movies.

Obi Dan Karnubi Chocwork Orange Wax is a traditional, hand-made carnauba wax that will provide relentless water beading whilst shielding your paint from bug splatter damage, bird bombs, acid rain and airborne pollutants. Carnauba wax is also one of nature`s best sun ray protectants. Paint that is frequently treated with Obi Dan Karnubi Chocwork Orange Wax will not only look great, but stay looking great for years to come. One application typically lasts 3 months.

Obi Dan Karnubi Chocwork Orange Wax is an independent wax label distributed by Dodo Juice. This wax is manufactured in extremely limited quantities.
    Procedure

I won this wax in a Autopia Forum giveaway and could not wait to try it out. The first thing that I noticed about the wax was the smell. If you are a fan of chocolate and oranges then this is the wax for you. I found out after I started applying the wax that the smell of opening the jar does not do it justice until you actually start using it. The test vehicle was my own Ford F-150 King Ranch. I figured that I would use the wax for the first time on my own ride, since I have never bought any wax this expensive. The best I can tell the wax would be well in excess of $100 for a normal size jar. I started by washing the vehicle with Chemical Guys Honeydew wash. After the wash I went straight to the wax. I had polished the vehicle about a month ago and the paint was in really good shape. I used a Porter Cable with a Lake Country red foam pad. I applied the wax at a 3.5 speed. After applying the wax to the first section of the truck my whole shop smelled like chocolate orange. I applied the wax in a really thin coat and allied it to dry to a haze. Due to the temperature outside in the 40’s I had to turn the heater on inside by shop. After the wax dried it was kind of hard to remove, but I think it was due to the cold temperature. After reading on the Dodo Juice web site I was able to determine that on Mauritius, the Dodo Island, that the weather does not get really cold there, so I’m sure when it warms up here in say late April of May that the wax will come off easily. With the consistency of the wax I don’t see how it could come off any other way.
    PB090472.JPG
    PB090473.JPG
    PB090476.JPG
    Impressions
    The smell of the wax is simple amazing. I love chocolate and really enjoy baking. The wax made my whole shop smell great. The smell actually lasted for several days too. I’ve used a lot of waxes and great smelling products from Chemical Guys and Poorboys, but this wax really took the cake on smell. On a scale of 1-10 it would be at least a 9.5. I always leave a little room for some tropical sent that will remind me of some distant island.
    For ease to apply and removal it was not bad. A little really does go along ways. I can get at least get 4-5 full size trucks out of a 100 ml jar of this wax. The wax was a little hard to remove once it hazed, but I still feel that this was due to the cold temperatures. I think that if the wax was applied in warm weather that it would be really easy to remove. I have found several other waxes harder to remove as the weather gets colder. I would give it about a 6 on ease of removal.
    For shine it was great. Once I finished the vehicle had a wonderful look. The wax really brought out the color of the vehicle. King Ranch would have been proud. For shine I will give it a 9.
    The slickness was great too. I’ve used a lot of different waxes in the past trying to get the slickest finish possible. I’m a fan of a really slick finish. This was actually my first ever Dodo wax and it was amazing. For slickness it’s a 9.5 for sure.
    Overall Impressions
    If I owned a really high end detail shop say in Beverly Hills, where I catered to customers with $100,000 plus vehicles and little fuzzy dogs riding in the cars with them then this would be my wax of choice. The smell is amazing and would impress almost anyone. My shop is about 40 x 20 and the smell inside the shop was days was chocolate orange. It really lasted longer than some air fresheners that I’ve used. It is too pricey for me to use all the time in my business and my customers would come inside and look for something to eat when they picked up their cars. Overall I was very impressed with the wax and will probably have to buy another Dodo Juice wax in the future due to the slickness and shine. As far as durability it’s too early to tell. It has not rained since applying the wax so I cannot comment on beading either. I can say that frost doesn’t stick to the paint as well now.
    After applying the wax and smelling my shop all day Autopia needs to start carrying Sweets Orange Sticks. I had not had them since I was a child but I had an incredible craving for the Orange Sticks so I had to make a trip to Wal-Mart, especially since the wax said not to eat. That would be the only thing that I would change about the wax, maybe an edible version, but then again, $50 for the can of wax versus $4 for the box of Sweets Orange Sticks, maybe just include a box with the orders.
    00311.jpg
    A special thanks to Todd for offering the product giveaways here at Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: ChocworkOrange Dodo Wax

Great review!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review, thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review mate thanks alot, glad you enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Update***
    I used the Chocwork Orange wax on my 2005 Ford King Ranch on 11/11/2013. The vehicle sets outside and I live on a gravel road. The weather has been rain, snow, and several heavy frost, since I waxed it. On New Years Day I decided to bring it back into my shop and really clean it up. I`ve sprayed it off a couple times since waxing it but not cleaned it up good. The vehicle had mud on the sides in several areas. I sprayed it off and washed it with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. The dirt came off very quickly and the water sheeted off the paint. The vehicle had really tigh````er beading on the areas of the hood where the water had not sheeted off. After close to 2 months the wax is still holding up really well. For winter time in the Western NC Mountains I`m really impressed with the wax. I`ll continue to update and see how long it last. So far so good though. I will give this wax a very big thumbs up so far.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome...thanks for the update

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pics look great nice truck! What`s the color called?

Got a pot of this wax for Christmas looking forward to giving it a go once the weather clears up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Van185 View Post
    Update***
    I used the Chocwork Orange wax on my 2005 Ford King Ranch on 11/11/2013. The vehicle sets outside and I live on a gravel road. The weather has been rain, snow, and several heavy frost, since I waxed it. On New Years Day I decided to bring it back into my shop and really clean it up. I`ve sprayed it off a couple times since waxing it but not cleaned it up good. The vehicle had mud on the sides in several areas. I sprayed it off and washed it with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. The dirt came off very quickly and the water sheeted off the paint. The vehicle had really tigh````er beading on the areas of the hood where the water had not sheeted off. After close to 2 months the wax is still holding up really well. For winter time in the Western NC Mountains I`m really impressed with the wax. I`ll continue to update and see how long it last. So far so good though. I will give this wax a very big thumbs up so far.
    Glad to hear the update and the cold-weather durability!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update mate, did you do one coat or two?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Dan Karnubi View Post
    Thanks for the update mate, did you do one coat or two?
    It was a two coat job. I amost always go with 2 just in case I might miss something. Graet wax. Easy on and off and last well so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jvs1991 View Post
    The pics look great nice truck! What`s the color called?

Got a pot of this wax for Christmas looking forward to giving it a go once the weather clears up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dark Copper Clearcoat Metallic. I love the color it realy shines. The wax really made the color stand out.

Thread Information