Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum
Go Back   Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum > Autopia Car Care Guide To Detailing > Detailing Product Reviews
Detailing Product Reviews This is the place to discuss and review auto detailing products, tools & accessories.

» Car Care Brands
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Ronkh
  • 1 Post By cleanmycorolla
  • 1 Post By cleanmycorolla
  • 1 Post By Bunky
  • 1 Post By Wors
  • 1 Post By ZL1Mark

(#1) Old
My name is Mike
mjlinane is an incredible help to Autopiaforums.com members!mjlinane is an incredible help to Autopiaforums.com members!

Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 05:52 PM

Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash

Introduction:

Ben AKA Wors requested this one.

Manufacturers have all kinds of warnings and not-so-useful recommendations about caring for matte paint. One of them is the rather obvious "don't use shampoos with gloss enhancers." There are a few like that out there but, when the owner dropped five figures to get the custom paint, I really wanted something specifically designed for matte.

Thanks again to Corey for providing the format.

Product

Product Claims:

From Autopia Car Care site - Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash

"Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash
Clean paint without leaving an artificial gloss.
Preserve the matte finish.

Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash contains no silicones, fillers, shine enhancers, dyes, or other unnecessary additives. It leaves no streaks behind on matte finishes. This concentrated maintenance wash will keep your vehicle looking its best without adding gloss or shine enhancers.

This high lubricity formula prevents loose dirt from damaging matte lacquer and vinyl wraps. The slick formula lifts and traps gritty particles so they rinse off without leaving a mark.

After washing with Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash, use Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer for occasional quick detailing with a soft microfiber towel."

Details:

1.- Packaging: Plastic squeeze
2.- Directions: Clearly labeled
3.- Viscosity: Syrup thick
4.- Color: Translucent
5.- Scent: Tutti Frutti
6.- Dilution: 1 oz / 4-5 gallon
7.- Price at time of review: 16oz = $ 9.99
8.- Manufacturer: Chemical Guys
9.- Made in: USA

Other Products Used:

Honda-powered Simpson 3000psi 2.4gpm pressure washer
MTM Next Generation Foam Cannon
Eurow 660 GSM MF
2.5 gallon bucket

Preparation:

Put car in driveway. Rinse off loose dirt.

Application:

Foaming - I use 1.5oz + 16oz water in the foam cannon reservior. Aim and have fun.
Bucket - mix and apply with soft MF. I prefer the GDPWM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evFTeRxtEEo). Rinse and dry.

Observations:

Very sweet, fruity scent. Foams really well. Looks almost like shaving cream and sticks to car really well. Super slick. Cleans very well. Does not add gloss.

Because sticks so well, can take a couple of passes with the pressure washer to rinse off.

Pics

Does it meet its claims? Yes.

Pros:

1.- Pleasant scent
2.- Foams very well
3.- Cleans well
4.- Very slick
5.- Very cost effective.

???:

1.- None

Cons:

1.- None.

Final Observations and Summary:

I haven't tried any other matte shampoos or compared CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash with other non-gloss enhancing shampoos (or even gloss enhancing ones) but CG MMAW really hasn't given me a reason to do so. Seems to work and isn't outrageous expensive. Highly recommended.

The matte AMG SL63 caused me to buy some specialty products. The good news is that the owner is extremely happy with the results. So happy that there may be another matte vehicle for me to take care of in the relatively near future.

Comments and questions are encouraged. Thanks for viewing!

(#2) Old
Wax Waster
Ronkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust Shine

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 05:54 PM

Looks good !!!

Never really like matte finishes, but these 2 threads may change my mind
mjlinane likes this.

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It's good to be da King !!!

(#3) Old
cleanmycorolla would be a good candidate for mayor of Autopiaforums.com.

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 06:03 PM

Awesome review and excellent job!

So, that's matte paint right? Not a film? That's crazy nice, unreal. I'm not a matte paint fan, but that car looks amazing. I am jealous of you getting to work on that. Haha
mjlinane likes this.

(#4) Old
My name is Mike
mjlinane is an incredible help to Autopiaforums.com members!mjlinane is an incredible help to Autopiaforums.com members!

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 06:07 PM

Thanks Ron and cleanmycorolla.

Yes, it is paint (not wrap). It is an awesome car in every way.

(#5) Old
cleanmycorolla would be a good candidate for mayor of Autopiaforums.com.

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
Thanks Ron and cleanmycorolla.

Yes, it is paint (not wrap). It is an awesome car in every way.
Ever got a chance to drive it or with the owner? I'd feel like I was in a spaceship, sweet
mjlinane likes this.

(#6) Old
My name is Mike

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 06:15 PM

I haven't driven it (Jason AKA MugelloM picks up and delivers - lucky b@st@rd ). I did get to ride in it back to the owner's and even that was a new experience in luxury for me. Effortless would be a good word. Jason drove me back home in his 2013 BMW 335i and the difference was quite noticeable. (Especially as the active seats kicked in on most turns on in the AMG.)

Even has the B&O stereo. That is definitely fit for a spaceship.

Should be coming over monthly or so.

(#7) Old
Detailing Gnosis
Bunky Can Make Rust ShineBunky Can Make Rust ShineBunky Can Make Rust ShineBunky Can Make Rust ShineBunky Can Make Rust ShineBunky Can Make Rust ShineBunky Can Make Rust ShineBunky Can Make Rust ShineBunky Can Make Rust Shine

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 06:23 PM

Nice to see a review. I would have listed the rinsing ability as a con but otherwise looks like a nice soap.
mjlinane likes this.

Al
The Need to Bead

(#8) Old
My name is Mike

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 06:26 PM

Thanks Al.

I may have overstated that a bit. What I left out of that sentence was "in the mesh/grill areas".

(#9) Old
Wors is very helpful and well-respected.

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 07:40 PM

Great review Mike, can't wait to see the next matte vehicle.
mjlinane likes this.

(#10) Old
My name is Mike

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 07:49 PM

Thanks Ben.

(#11) Old
Allergic to One Product
ZL1Mark is very helpful and well-respected.

Re: Review: CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - 11-05-2013, 11:53 PM

I love using this shampoo on my satin vinyl wrap. Very slick and cleans good!
mjlinane likes this.