Post Thanks / Like

Review: Microfiber Towels My Favorites

Microfiber towels, the best part of detailing IMO. Nothing like going in search of the softest towels to pamper your ride. I`ve purchased a bunch in my day, and I`ve finally got it narrowed down to all my favorites. Below you`ll see all my favorite towels, what I use them for, and thoughts. Please feel free to share yours if you have the same towels.

Drying:
    Meguiars Waffle Weave 20x30 (very top) - This is not my favorite drying towel of the bunch, however it is great for windows! Even after washing numerous times I never felt it soaked water well. However these babies leave no lint, and I`ve found they`re the perfect towel to clean my windows with. I also have a red waffle weave pictured which is a chemical guys specific made glass towel.

CG Grey Matter 26x35 (second from top) - This was my favorite drying towel. It`s massive in size, soaks water like nothing else I`ve seen, but they do not hold up so well. Even after caring for them gently, washing with Blackfire Microfiber Detergent I always would notice they would fray after a while on the edges. I`ve had this happen to 2 out of 4 I own. So beware there your mileage may vary

Autogeek 530 GSM Drying Towel 25x36 (bottom) - Where to begin. These were Bogo a few weeks back on AG. At first I got them thinking they would be okay at drying, I mostly wanted to try them out. After my first use, I must say, I am hooked. It`s incredibly soft, has a tremendously deep nap and it soaks up lots of residual water. I was able to dry a Toyota Camry after a wash and the towel barely looked wet, however it was heavy, you can literally feel the weight increase with the amount of water in can hold. The price is high, but if you want what IMO Is a great drying towel then go for it.

Spray wax/QD`s/Wax and Polish Removal:

Autogeek Gold Plush Jr 16x16 (middle black edge) - coming in at a 360GSM this towel is one of the softest towels I have ever handled. I am an avid BF Poly Spray and V7 user and it was almost like these towels were made to used with those two products. They don`t hold too much product, allowing you to use less. They`re incredibly soft. The deep nap side is very plush, it should induce no marring even of the softest of paints, like my Corolla.

Autogeek Blue BlueRolled Edge 16x16 - Another 360GSM towel I first used for spray waxes. As I`ve grown my towel collection, I`ve discovered these actually make great Rinseless wash towels. the border is thick, really plush and traps dirt well.

Interior:
    Chemical Guys Orange Banger, Blueberry Banger and CG Elite - These towels all claim a 360GSM, and they`re really soft. The orange and blue bangers however have an edge that can be slightly rough, it`s not banded and it`s not Edgeless it`s closed into itself, thus it scared me a little from using on my paint. So I figured hey, find a use for them so I did. These towels are great for interiors because they`re soft as to not damage plastics, or vinyls. I use these on touchscreens in cars and have never seen them cause any issues. They really help pick up dirt, due to their nap size, I find even for a quick dusting with no liquids, it does a great job of picking up some light dust. These towels are perfect to use with something like CG Inner Clean or BF interior cleaners to get the tough dirt out.

Rinseless:
    MicrofiberTech Green Monster 600GSM Towel - this is my favorite towel of all time. It`s the ideal Rinseless wash towel. It is thick, holds water, is incredibly plus on all sides which is a key factor. This towel is 600GSM on all sides allowing you to flip the towel to more clean sides as you perform your Rinseless. I use the Garry Dean method(god I hate that saying that, should just be one bucket method) anyway, I use that method with 20 of these towels and I have zero fear of inducing any marring.

Glass:
    CG Red Waffle and Costco Brand - these towels are really good one windows. They suck on paint, but great for windows, wheels, wheel wells, etc. the dirty tasks. They`re great to buy in bulk and not care about eventually. JUST DONT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR PAINT.

My most hated:
    MicrofiberTech Korean Extra Fluffy Gray - I had high hopes for this towel and it let me down. No matter the product the towel always feels grabby, it is the same nap around, I believe 460GSM, I thought it would be great. It`s just not. These towels just sit around now, and the wifey uses them to clean the counters.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Microfiber Towels My Favorites

You covered a lot of territory with this. Of the towels you have I have used the AG 530g and the Meg`s waffle weave. I agree with you on the Meg`s towels in regards to using for drying. I had them on glass duty as well.

I picked up some of the AG Super Plush in trade and they worked well with Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    You covered a lot of territory with this. Of the towels you have I have used the AG 530g and the Meg`s waffle weave. I agree with you on the Meg`s towels in regards to using for drying. I had them on glass duty as well.

I picked up some of the AG Super Plush in trade and they worked well with Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax.
    Many thanks Al, I don`t think you or I are alone in that thought on the Megs towel. It`s great for glass though, probably the best I`ve used.

How big in size was the AG Plush you got? How did it do in releasing product after a wash? I noticed some towels are more stubborn that some at releasing dirt or chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know yet since I just used them a week ago and have not done a wash but I have not had many problems with washing mf after switch to BF MF detergent and I do segregate glass/wash towels from the rest.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

if you really want to try an awesome microfiber towel, try the microfiber madness towels. they are top shelf and worth the extra money. I`ve never used a better towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lobster poutine View Post
    if you really want to try an awesome microfiber towel, try the microfiber madness towels. they are top shelf and worth the extra money. I`ve never used a better towel.
    I have a bunch of them, but for the price and what they do IMO they`re not that great. That`s just me. The towels I listed all are priced okay and do great jobs. Problem with madness towels I can get one of those, or like a dozen gold plush Jrs, I`d rather have the dozen then 1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I do not know yet since I just used them a week ago and have not done a wash but I have not had many problems with washing mf after switch to BF MF detergent and I do segregate glass/wash towels from the rest.
    Yeah bf detergent is great! I`ve noticed though that my shorter nap towels sometimes I can have residue in them, I chalk it up to I use them on dirty areas. All my other larger nap towels always come out perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice collection Chris. No Pakshaks?
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent and very detailed microfiber review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Nice collection Chris. No Pakshaks?
    No PakShaks. I`ve only ever ordered one thing from them, but I hear good things about the towels. I just placed an order for some new towels, hoping them come soon. Have you reviewed the Black Label leather stuff yet? I`m curious about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Excellent and very detailed microfiber review.
    Thanks for taking the time to read!

Post Thanks / Like

Another excellent review, thanks for sharing!

Thread Information