Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Blackfire Crystal Seal

Just got back from a road trip to Vegas in which I traveled to lay down lots of money on my Red Sox to win the World Series! Thankfully they did and I won, but the 4 hour drive from Los Angeles to Vegas really took a toll on my car, she was dusty, dirty, sand and rock pelted, and my wheels were grosser than gross.

After cleaning the entire car, giving her a good bath, cleaning my wheels, paint etc I decided to give everything a little boost, product of choice was Crystal Seal. My wheel covers needed protection most. The paint was protected fine already with BFWD but I could tell while cleaning my wheel covers my 4 month old application of UPGP was fading a little. So I had at it.

If you don`t know Crystal Seal is a wipe on walk away sealant and it kicks major ass. Literally prime your applicator, spray the panel once or twice, and spread it thin. It will disappear into the paint, and within 45 you`re set. What`s great is you can add additional coats pretty quick, and the look is typical Blackfire. Not too mention I`ve used this product a ton, I`ve easily seen 3-4 months durability out of it!

Anyway here are the afters of the wheel covers, honestly they`re so clean and shiny and slick, they look like alloys at a quick glance!

Observations and tips:
    Spreads easy, so just 1-2 sprays per panel, maybe 3 for your hood will do. I found with my wheel covers one spray from about 8" away from point of contact allowed the atomizer to distribute the product well.

I used a microfiber applicator for my application, and I suggest you do to. It`s soaks up very little product, it`s very soft to reduce any chance of marring, and I`ve noticed it really allows you to spread the product evenly without any high spots to buff out.

4oz vs 8oz purchase. Honestly you use so little that the bottle can last years, it`s just a matter of what you want to jump in at. If you`ve never tried it before and are looking to, I suggest grab the 4oz you won`t be disappointed.

I would HIGLY RECOMMEND this product to anyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Blackfire Crystal Seal

still one of my favorite sealants.......
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Great review !!!!! Crystal Seal is such a easy LSP to use. I can literally do my entire Dodge Ram in like 10-15 mins.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

CS is still my main #1 go to product...2-3 coats sets up a great candy effect....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    still one of my favorite sealants.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review !!!!! Crystal Seal is such a easy LSP to use. I can literally do my entire Dodge Ram in like 10-15 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    CS is still my main #1 go to product...2-3 coats sets up a great candy effect....
    Yeah it really is great isn`t it. The fact in 15 min, after polishing a car, you can have a durable layer of protection is quite awesome. It really makes me wish Blackfire had a coating that was easy like this to apply and still gave that shimmering 3D like Blackfire shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you have used both UPGP and CS, is it worth giving up one for the other?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Since you have used both UPGP and CS, is it worth giving up one for the other?
    To be blunt yes, I`d choose crystal Seal hands down. Not that UPGP is bad, but I`ve found it takes multiple coats for optimal looks and durability. With crystal seal one layer does the job, two is just icing.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    To be blunt yes, I`d choose crystal Seal hands down. Not that UPGP is bad, but I`ve found it takes multiple coats for optimal looks and durability. With crystal seal one layer does the job, two is just icing.
    Not my experience......they both cover and gloss similar.......ultima is a bit more candy .....CS spreads and flashes diff so you can spread a bit easier ....but I would interchange the two any day.....I just own a lot of CS and it interfaces with total polish and seal perfectly for a 1-2 punch
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Not my experience......they both cover and gloss similar.......ultima is a bit more candy .....CS spreads and flashes diff so you can spread a bit easier ....but I would interchange the two any day.....I just own a lot of CS and it interfaces with total polish and seal perfectly for a 1-2 punch

All valid points, I`d never say anyone`s opinion is wrong. It`s detailing, we all have our own things. Haha . Maybe I`ll give UPGP another go with one coat one day!

Post Thanks / Like

+1
    My take: CS very easy to apply. UPGP slightly less easy to apply, but still very easy, and durability might be better.

Post Thanks / Like

i do believe they were one of the first for the new WOWA coatings. i will agree. could not be eaiser to apply. only thing i can think of is PRIMA HYDRO MAX in comparison. another outstanding product.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff
    good review
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    i do believe they were one of the first for the new WOWA coatings. i will agree. could not be eaiser to apply. only thing i can think of is PRIMA HYDRO MAX in comparison. another outstanding product.
    I`ve never tried the Prima, lots of people mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953hogan View Post
    +1
    My take: CS very easy to apply. UPGP slightly less easy to apply, but still very easy, and durability might be better.
    Either way, couldn`t be better!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Good stuff
    good review
    Many thanks, appreciate you reading.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the CS on my polished aluminum rims and have been very happy with it! Last November, before I put the rims into storage, I put a coat of CS on them. In the spring, when I put them back on my Charger, the finish was still very slick. I have maintained the rims with monthly application of the Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. In a few weeks I will be putting the rims back into storage when I put my snow tires on. The rims are just as slick and contaminant free as the day I applied CS last November. I will not even have to clay them, and the Charger is my daily driver! That is amazing for wheels.

I should be using this combination on my rear bumper, which is a grit magnet. On every car I`ve owned, grit and road film buildup on the rear bumper has been a major problem. Aerodynamics I guess.

GTO_04
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392 Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue/blue interior

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review, thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information