Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Review: HD Nitro Seal

Hi everyone,
    I decided to jump at the chance of the 3D / HD "product giveaway for a review" as Iv`e never had the pleasure of trying
    any products from them. Out of all the products I browsed through, I chose Nitro Seal because it looked like a nice addition to possibly add to my menu
    (pending results) for the customers that don`t want to shell out $600+ for Opti-Guard but still wanted a decent length of protection.

Background: I`m an owner of my own shop in New Braunfels, TX.
    I`m 21 yrs old, & a full-time detailer.
    Home
    facebook.com/colinsautodetailing.com
    July 30th, 2013

Product Claim: HD® Nitro Seal is a revolutionary two part copolymer paint sealant system that is designed to be used by everyone who owns a vehicle. It is easily applied by hand; so anyone can do it.
    No need for endless manuals, polishers, or equipment. HD® Nitro Seal will make your car look newer than when you bought it.

HD® Nitro Seal, a revolutionary two-part co-polymer synthetic paint sealant technology, is designed to offer the ultimate paint protection available while delivering a superior “Melted Glass” like effect to the paint. This patented system is the first of its kind. HD® Nitro Seal offers the best in paint protection in the industry. Its extreme water beading properties and polymeric shield will repel contaminants and keep vehicle clean for longer periods of time. Can be used on all exterior hard surfaces of automobiles including glass, metal, chrome, and wheels.
    Each bottle is carefully topped with nitrogen gas for ultimate preservation of our leading edge technology. Part A provides excellent surface affinity and spread ability through its incredible wetting feature, helps to anchor the product to the car paint. When Part B is applied over Part A, the two chemicals will react and cure to a superior hard protective coating.

Reference: 3D International, LLC :: Waxes :: HD Nitro Seal

Kit Contains
    - 1 HD Nitro Seal Part A
    - 1 HD Nitro Seal Part B
    - 1 Red Applicator
    - 1 Black Applicator
    - 1 Microfiber Towel
    - 1 Latex Glove
    - 1 Instruction Sheet

After opening the box, inspecting everything I have a couple things to say about some items included in the box,
    both good & bad. I will mention it at the end of the post.

Instructions:

Part A: Expected to be more in the canister but hey, no complaints here. A little goes a long way.

Right after application, Part "A" was one of the smoothest applications iv`e ever had when touching an applicator to paint with an LSP. Literally just glides over as smooth as butter.

Now time for Part B!

Not at all grabby, very smooth (nothing like part A) but still a nice easy application.

Now i`m letting it cure

Notes:

- I let it cure for 1 Hour
    - I spread it out using circular motion, then leveled it with a cross-hatch pattern for even coverage
    - I used my own gloves, & microfiber towel.

Bled through the tape a little, no worries.

Removal: Was a bit tough to remove excess, but then again I think I used a bit to much "PART A"

Durability: Will be testing it over the coming months while leaving it like this, to see if it can withstand the elements of everyday driving & staying outside.

Now to go over some of the items included with the kit.

Applicators: Very good! nice design with an easy grip.

MF Towel: This area could use some work, I would included a better grade MF towel in the box rather than a Kirkland Towel from Costco. Great towels for interior don`t get me wrong, but I won`t touch paint with it.

Canisters: I like the idea. BUT, in the directions it says only to apply a few drops. Which is a bit hard to do when its just a cap on top. I would suggest including some kind of dripper nozzle or some plastic piece you could screw on to the canister to make putting on the applicators a lot more efficient.

Verdict: Overall I`m pretty happy with the look it gave, very close to Blackfire BlackIce (which is one of my favorite LSPS now) so thumbs up in that area. I`m sure it has to do
    with the Montan Wax in Part B, very good stuff. As this was my first 3D Item to ever try, I have to say I might be missing out one some good bulk products they have to offer given the results with this. So
    i`m inclined to try another!

If there is a 3D / HD product you want a review on please let me know, I could use some swaying on what to try next.
    Thanks for reading!

- Colin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: HD Nitro Seal

Nice review of a 3D HD product. That`s one that I have not got around to trying yet. It`s pretty neat of them to make the free product offer as the have.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

I like the look!!

Did you do one panel at a time with a, then b, or whole car a then b ?

This could be interesting
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I like the look!!

Did you do one panel at a time with a, then b, or whole car a then b ?

This could be interesting
    I personally would do 1 panel at a time, seems like the safer route.

Another thing.. just checked my post on Autogeek.. They removed it & I got a warning

Seriously?

That has made me loose a bit of respect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colinpd137 View Post

Another thing.. just checked my post on Autogeek.. They removed it & I got a warning

Seriously?

Only because they don`t sell it!

Would be nice to see them carry it
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously?

I haven`t taken the time to read AG`s membership rules recently but to my knowledge they`ve always made it quite clear that their forum exists to discuss products they market. I don`t see a problem with that as long as members know where they stand and the practice is consistent.

Forums are marketing tools and cost money to keep running. Forum owners have to do what makes sense for them and hope their views work for their membership. If not there are other forums to visit. AF`s policy allows the free discussion of any product as long as the discussions aren`t coming from a shill. We`ve seen that too on numerous occasions. Life`s good be happy.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously?

Yeah I saw that, I honestly had heard of that rule and figured it`d be deleted. I`m doing the 3D thing too and just avoid posting my 3D reviews on there. It`s a downer but I`m glad here they have no issue.

Although I think within a few months you`ll see 3D offered at Autogeek.

Still not right, great review nonetheless, can`t wait to see how it holds up.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure the fact that 3D insisted you post the review on 5 forums was probably part of the justification they used.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Actually - according to their forum, post by marketing guy Fermani:
    **Post your review on a minimum of 4 internet forums including Autopia within 60 days of receiving your product. They don’t need to be detailing specific forums, just somewhere that would benefit from your product review (i.e. don’t post your review on an Underwater Basket Weaving forum). And yes, FaceBook can qualify as 1 of the mediums as long as you link to your thread on Autopia.

**Once these requirements are met, e-mail me with links to the 4 threads and you can move on to your next FREE product selection.

So, you could do Autopia, Facebook and a couple others that aren`t product centric like Detailing Bliss and Live2Detail or whatever. Personally, I think it`s not a bad deal but here`s one better - sample size bottles. I don`t mean itty bitty bottles with 400% mark up either. Say you want to try Menzerna or CG or Blackfire, get a set of 4oz bottles with compound, polish and sealant, same price per oz as the quart size or maybe pint size, and go with it. I have bought more stuff and ended up trading, selling or just giving away cause it didn`t fit my style or do what it claimed. Finish Kare use to do it and I bought their sampler, didn`t like it but I did appreciate not having quarts of stuff taking up space.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s interesting to see how differently forums set up their rules. Since autopia.org is owned by 3D/HD there are many posters on other sites who discount information from the site and yet it is the most open of the detailing sites--you can discuss any product (including 3D/HD) and provide good, bad or indifferent views without fear of your post being deleted or you being banned. In addition autopia.org has sponsors from a number of other product lines that have products in direct competition with their products.

The offer of free products, as long as you posted 4 reviews on various websites, contained no "conditions" that you posted positive reviews, just your honest opinion of the product you were testing--IMO this and the openess of autopia.org says allot about HD`s confidence in their products.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I haven`t taken the time to read AG`s membership rules recently but to my knowledge they`ve always made it quite clear that their forum exists to discuss products they market. I don`t see a problem with that as long as members know where they stand and the practice is consistent.

Forums are marketing tools and cost money to keep running. Forum owners have to do what makes sense for them and hope their views work for their membership. If not there are other forums to visit. AF`s policy allows the free discussion of any product as long as the discussions aren`t coming from a shill. We`ve seen that too on numerous occasions. Life`s good be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    It`s interesting to see how differently forums set up their rules. Since autopia.org is owned by 3D/HD there are many posters on other sites who discount information from the site and yet it is the most open of the detailing sites--you can discuss any product (including 3D/HD) and provide good, bad or indifferent views without fear of your post being deleted or you being banned. In addition autopia.org has sponsors from a number of other product lines that have products in direct competition with their products.

The offer of free products, as long as you posted 4 reviews on various websites, contained no "conditions" that you posted positive reviews, just your honest opinion of the product you were testing--IMO this and the openess of autopia.org says allot about HD`s confidence in their products.
    This ^

There is no incentive to give them a positive review and they are very open to taking criticism and recommendations on how to better their products. It`s not often you see it and I see nothing wrong with applauding them for wanting to better their products.

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of think the big picture may be overlooked in this discussion. At the end of the day AG (PBMG) is a competitor to this product. In the world of marketing there is a saying, "any press is good press". It gets your products in front of peoples eyes even if you didn`t like it, people look at it. AG chooses not to advertise in any manner for their competitor. I`m neither promoting or condemning this practice, it`s just the way it is. Autopia Forums is neither AG or Autopia.org. When it comes to discussing product we`re a very open forum.

By the way, I didn`t mention this earlier but this was a very well put together write up. Good job.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I kind of think the big picture may be overlooked in this discussion. At the end of the day AG (PBMG) is a competitor to this product. In the world of marketing there is a saying, any press is good press. It gets your products in front of peoples eyes even if you didn`t like it, people look at it. AG chooses not to advertise in any manner for their competitor. Autopia Forums is neither AG or Autopia.org. When it comes to discussing product we`re a very open forum.
    Great thing to know!
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

First of all excellent review!!!! I have used Nitro Seal and thought it was a nice product.

To address a few statements not related to the quality of this review...

Between AutogeekOnline.net and AutopiaForums.com you will find no lack of unbiased product reviews of any of the 60 plus product lines we carry. And on AutopiaForums you will find reviews for all sorts of products. What we really don’t like to see if reviews that are done for the purpose of someone else’s gain. They should be done for the sharing of knowledge with others. Not so you will receive a kick back or free product. Not really a practice we like to follow here. So with that in mind if you have an affiliation with a company or are posting reviews so your credit card isn`t charged, please note that in the review. I think that is fair for all involved, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Although I think within a few months you`ll see 3D offered at Autogeek.

Do you know something we don`t? Is 3D buying PBMG?

**Once these requirements are met, e-mail me with links to the 4 threads and you can move on to your next FREE product selection.
    There`s probably 100 or more car related forums without even touching this one or AG.

You can be car specific. Just about every car brand has a forum and allows product recommendations and reviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information