Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolf`s Chemicals "The Mask" Spray On Protection Review PART 1

Wolf`s Chemicals "The Mask" Spray On Protection (from Autopia-CarCare.com)

Coats your vehicle in a bug, chip, and scratch-resistant film

• Ideal solution to protect your vehicle from airborne objects
    • Dries to thick, invisible shell over your paint
    • Offers many protective benefits

Wolf`s “The Mask” Spray On Protection is one of the most innovative products for paint care on the market today. This unique spray-on film dries to a thick, hard, protective shell that seals the paint under an invisible film of protection. Wolf`s “The Mask” Spray On Protection forms a film that is strong enough to resist sand blasting and minor rock chips! Wolf`s “The Mask” Spray On Protection is the ultimate protectant for road trips, mechanic visits, track days, and more!

Wolf`s “The Mask” Spray On Protection prevents objects from contacting and damaging your paint. Acid rain and bird bombs will be held onto of the film, away from the paint. Acidic bug splatter will not penetrate the film. Wolf`s “The Mask” Spray On Protection also provides protection against abrasion, including sand blasting and minor rock chips. It is the ultimate in paint protection!

What really makes Wolf`s “The Mask” Spray On Protection stand out is how easy it is to remove. To remove Wolf`s “The Mask” Spray On Protection, simply rinse with a strong jet of water then wash normally. Any bird bombs, bug splatter and road tar that has landed onto of “The Mask” will wash away with it. Protecting your paint has never been easier and clean-up has never been simpler.

Do not apply Wolf`s “The Mask” Spray On Protection to glass.

Here is a product that seems too good to be true! Spray it on, protect your paint from insect damage and minor road rash/sand blasting, wash it off! Does it work?

I wanted to run "The Mask" through it`s paces on my Mazdaspeed 3. Currently "The Mask" is being run through the paces as I built up a thick layer of bug residue on the front to see how quickly it wipes off. For this reason I am splitting the review into two parts. In this, Part One, we will focus on the application.

Directions: (from Autopia-CarCare.com)

1. Shake “The Mask” well before use.
    2. Thoroughly wash and dry surface to be protected.
    3. Spray “The Mask” liberally to the desired area using a spray bottle and leave to dry. Do not assist the product in any way while it is setting. It will dry clear and flat on its own.
    4. To remove, simply wash with soap and water. Reapply when necessary.

To start, I washed the front of my Mazdaspeed 3 and allowed it to dry thoroughly.

After shaking the bottle thoroughly, I sprayed a liberal and even coat over the front bumper and leading edge of the hood (including the headlights).

Each squeeze of the trigger lays a fine-mist coat over the surface.

In some areas a few bubbles were noticeable.

I also wanted to test how "The Mask" would alter the gloss and appearance of the paint. Would it form a thick film? Would it dull the color? I sprayed a light mist onto parts of the carbonfiber vinyl surrounding the hood scoop.

Do not touch! Allow to dry on it its own! Wolf`s Chemicals is very specific in the instructions. Shortly after application, "The Mask" begins to level. On some of the vertical surfaces, such as the front bumper, it began to run. How would this affect the application?

A few lingering wet spots approx. 10-15 minutes after application.

After 20 minutes the product had completely cured and leveled. As you can see, there is no dulling of the surface or dramatic change in shine. In fact, except for a slightly different feel upon touch, it was impossible to detect that "The Mask" had been applied.

No runs, no drips, no errors. Just complete self-leveling with a high-gloss finish.

To test the limits of "The Mask" and really put its Ease-Of-Use to the test, I OVER APPLIED it to the front bumper, squeezing the trig until a thick layer saturated the surface.

Amazingly the product cured without any problems.

Here is a picture of the front end the next morning. There was NO LOSS in gloss, NO OPAQUE FILM, NO CHANGE IN SURFACE TEXTURE, or NO RUNS. The surface looked perfectly normal.

Stay Tuned:

For Part Two we will let the Mazda built up bug residue, dirt, and remains for the next 6 weeks (already half way there) as well as allow it to sit outside in the Florida sun and rain.

UPDATE: PART TWO HERE: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolf`s Chemicals "The Mask" Spray On Protection Review PART 1

Interesting
    I`ve been looking at this product forever but have not jumped the gun on it.

What interested me is how THICK of a film can one build. It`s obviously hard to see over the InterWebs. My use would be when I send my cars to the shop to get *modded* and I want to minimize the wrench monkeys marring..

Hint Hint. If this proves to be a heavy film...I don`t care about looks, I`d buy the 128 sized containers

Post Thanks / Like

So that second to last picture went to the last picture on its own, no buffing, no wiping?

Can this go on top of a coat of BFWD, or does it go on bare paint? Can you top it with a wax?

Post Thanks / Like

The only negative I can tell is that it has to be reapplied every wash as it says in the product description that to remove, all you need to do is wash it.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

I only plan to use it to spray a heavy FILM ontop of fender panels, etc - usual suspects where a mechanic might lean or touch a panel.

While a slight rain/dew might dimish it, I believe it needs a steady spraydown of water to remove it. This is from a video direct from Wolf`s about a year back

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting !!!!!

If it works, it should be a great seller and a huge help during love bug season
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mavin View Post
    So that second to last picture went to the last picture on its own, no buffing, no wiping?

Can this go on top of a coat of BFWD, or does it go on bare paint? Can you top it with a wax?
    The second to last picture is why I OVER APPLIED it on purpose to see if it would affect the looks after drying. It dried perfectly!!

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, how long do you think it would take to apply to a whole car making sure you didn`t hit the windows?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll be waiting to hear the rest of the review! Looks like something I could use for my road trip to the Mustang Rally in Sturgis Labor Day weekend.
    I am living proof that Organ Donation Saves lives.
    3-25-11

Post Thanks / Like

it`s gotta beat the greasy/gel stuff that was out a few years ago
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

I like mine to shine!!! theamcguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened to Part 2, did I miss it?
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don`t Do It At All!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Todd, how long do you think it would take to apply to a whole car making sure you didn`t hit the windows?
    10 minutes to spray on and 30-40 minutes to allow to dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed this original post. Very cool product from Wolf`s Chemicals. That is amazing that even over applied product levels out so even.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it rains hard, it`ll be removed. How dumb, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, this could help out a lot for them road trips. Very cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information