Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum
Go Back   Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum > Autopia Car Care Guide To Detailing > Detailing Product Reviews
Detailing Product Reviews This is the place to discuss and review auto detailing products, tools & accessories.

» Car Care Brands
Like Tree5Likes

(#1) Old
Super Moderator
Pats300zx is pretty famous around here.Pats300zx is pretty famous around here.Pats300zx is pretty famous around here.

Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 09:53 AM

This past weekend I finally had at the chance to give Prima Hydro Max a try. I have never been disappointed with any Prima product. I can honestly say that I am not a huge fan of their soaps but everything else is top notch. I love Prima Hydro and based on some of the other reviews folks posted on Hydro Max I figured I would pick up a bottle and give it a try. Glad I did

Prima Hydro MAX Super Spray Polymer is a modified version of one of Prima’s most popular products, Hydro Seal Paint Sealant. Hydro MAX Super Spray Polymer contains the most concentrated blend of gloss-intensive polymers in any Prima car care product. Vehicles treated with Prima Hydro MAX Super Spray Polymer will retain incredible levels of gloss and slickness, month after month. Best of all, application is as simple as spraying on and wiping off!

Prima Hydro MAX Super Spray Polymer is incredibly easy to apply – there’s no curing, rubbing or heavy buffing. Simply spray on and wipe off using a plush microfiber towel and you’ll be rewarded with a wet looking shine that lasts. Unlike a traditional spray on car wax or spray-on car paint sealant, Prima Hydro MAX Super Spray Polymer provides long-term paint protection; a single application of Prima Hydro MAX Super Spray Polymer lasts months, not weeks.

Thoughts

I applied Hydro Max with a short nap MF towel and then buffed. As I worked around the car the MF started to become saturated so I had to switch to a second MF to buff. A little goes a long way and the more I used my first buffing towel the less Hydro Max I had to use.

Removal was a breeze and the look was fantastic. Very glossy and super slick. I applied to my windows as well and had no issues with streaking on my finish or windows. This was working in a pretty humid environment as well. We had some light rain today and the beading was excellent.

The claims are up to 4 months or so in durability. I didn't strip down my LSP to test since I am always applying something to my truck anyway.
All and all I found it to be an amazing and excellent product. It rivals my other favorite spray wax CG V7. I will be using Hydro Max frequently.
PA DETAILER, mjlinane and DKumarm3 like this.

(#2) Old
DKumarm3 is starting to get a good reputation around here.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 10:09 AM

Very nice review.

(#3) Old
Just a regular guy
Todd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust ShineTodd Helme Can Make Rust Shine

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 10:10 AM

Great review Pat, very thorough!

(#4) Old
DETAILED TODAY?
PA DETAILER is pretty famous around here.PA DETAILER is pretty famous around here.PA DETAILER is pretty famous around here.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 10:11 AM

glad you like it.

2012 NISSAN XTERRA PRO-4X
PROTECTED AND MAINTAINED WITH THE PRIMA AND DETAILERS PRO LINE.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

(#5) Old
Detail Driven
Audi X2 is starting to get a good reputation around here.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 10:52 AM

Great review Pat and your experience mirrors mine.

Buddy

Flex 3401| PE14-150 Griots 6" | 3" PC 7336 | Rupes LHR21 | LHR 12E Duetto
2014 Mercedes CLS550 - 2012 Audi Q7

(#6) Old
Marc08EX would be a good candidate for mayor of Autopiaforums.com.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 11:04 AM

Great review, Pat! Thanks for sharing it. I need to try this product out.

21ES | G110v2 | GG6 | G100
2011 Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

(#7) Old
SGM2008 is starting to get a good reputation around here.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 11:27 AM

Pat .... is there a limit as to how often you can apply this?

I have the Prima Hydro Wax As You Dry Spray and I really like it. Would you suggest using this as a touch up between Hydro MAX applications or can you apply the Hydro MAX as often as you like?

(#8) Old
DETAILED TODAY?
PA DETAILER is pretty famous around here.PA DETAILER is pretty famous around here.PA DETAILER is pretty famous around here.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 11:51 AM

once you have the hydro max down, you can maintain it with the hydro wax as u dry. thats what i have been doing.

hydro max can be layered as much as you like.

(#9) Old
SGM2008 is starting to get a good reputation around here.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
once you have the hydro max down, you can maintain it with the hydro wax as u dry. thats what i have been doing.
Thanks!

(#10) Old
Retired Geezer
glen e is very helpful and well-respected.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 12:10 PM

I have been using this for a couple weeks and getting it down as they say...it is really good stuff with great gloss - I was using entirely too much at first and going thru it pretty fast. When I slowed down and realized much was still on the MF, I started to use much less and still get great gloss - this morning after a Duragloss rinseless...(yes I know duragloss has addives...I find the Max still works fine...)

Ronkh likes this.

Glen
14 Vette

(#11) Old
DETAILED TODAY?

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 12:19 PM

nice!!
on a side note, nick from prima sent me a sample of a new interior cleaner to try out. have not gotten around to it yet.

(#12) Old
Super Moderator
Pats300zx is pretty famous around here.Pats300zx is pretty famous around here.Pats300zx is pretty famous around here.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Pat .... is there a limit as to how often you can apply this?
I would say you can apply it as much as you like. I always find myself using some type of spray wax/booster after every other wash or so. Hydro Max and some of the other spray sealants are so easy to use now that it's almost like QD'ing.

(#13) Old
Wax Waster
Ronkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust Shine

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 04:16 PM

ok, me try

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It's good to be da King !!!

(#14) Old
Retired Geezer
glen e is very helpful and well-respected.

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 05:19 PM

but I must add I'm really up in the air as to what is "best" among the WOWA sealants...I used Crystal Seal yesterday on a friends car and it was excellent, and did a boat hull (car painted) last week with UPGP and it was also stellar. I guess durability is the deciding factor and I don't have that data....any comments from the vets here?

Glen
14 Vette

(#15) Old
Wax Waster
Ronkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust Shine

Re: Prima Hydro Max Mini Review - 06-10-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
but I must add I'm really up in the air as to what is "best" among the WOWA sealants...I used Crystal Seal yesterday on a friends car and it was excellent, and did a boat hull (car painted) last week with UPGP and it was also stellar. I guess durability is the deciding factor and I don't have that data....any comments from the vets here?
DUNNO

Nuttin stays on long enough to give an answer

For me it's looks, then durability

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It's good to be da King !!!