Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Interior spray detailer comparison, Auto Finesse, Adam`s, 1Z Einszett...

I`m new to detailing forums but not new to forums (been on many car and guitar forums for many years under the same screen name "XSSIVE") and certainly not new to detailing, been doing that since 1999. I stopped detailing as a job in the mid 2000s but continued to do it on the side for car club members of the club I used to run, family members, friends for a few years longer and now I mostly just obsess over my own cars...everyone else can clean their own darn car hahaha.

So, to kick things off I decided to do a quick comparison of the three interior quick detailers I`ve been trying out. None of these are heavy duty cleaners meant to remove major stains or anything like that. The typical use is just to freshen up an interior, clean off a dusty dash, remove some finger prints and smudges or an oily mark on an arm rest or other light duty things on typical non cloth interior surfaces.

Based on that I decided to target the comparison between them on a few things I consider important when it comes to these quick interior detailers. The gloss level left behind, the sprayer and the scent left behind since you have to sit in the car and live with them for a while as they linger. I tend to spray the products on a microfiber towel then wipe it on the area I`m cleaning and don`t often spray direct on the surface. However I figured I should mention the sprayers since in all my obsessive over analyzing of products I`ve come to actually have favorite sprayers. But that`s a whole other rant.

My go to for quite a while has been 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium since I`m always after a factory new finish with no real gloss or wet look to it. The next new contenders for me are Adam`s new Total Interior Detailer and Auto Finesse Spritz.

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium has a good quality sprayer that puts out a fairly large amount of product per spray and remains fairly even meaning it doesn`t shoot out larger globs or splatters on the left of the spray while the right of the spray is a finer mist of product which some lesser quality sprayers can sometimes do. It`s has a water like consistency and smells of a combination of a clean soap and citrus. Not a bad smell but not the greatest smelling product ever either (personal opinion). I liked how it worked so I let the so so smell slide since effectiveness is more important than scent.

Adam`s Total Interior Detailer has the standard Adam`s black spray head which seems to be the same style as the standard Chemical Guys spray head just in black Vs clear. These sprayers put out a large quantity of product in each spray and can sometimes have an uneven spray with some larger splatters or globs to one side and a thin mist to the other but sometimes they work perfectly. It seems very dependent on how hard or how far back you pull the trigger as to how even the spray will be. This also seems to vary from sprayer to sprayer when it comes to this model spray head from both Adam`s and Chemical Guys so it`s more a sprayer manufacture occasional issue than an Adam`s specific thing. Adam`s TID has a water like consistency and smells just like a bottle of Johnson and Johnson`s baby oil, a very clean fresh scent.

Auto Finesse Spritz has among the best sprayers in the detailing industry in my opinion, tied with Dodo Juice. It consistently sprays a very even very fine spray without splatters or globs. Spritz has a water like consistency and has a pleasant vanilla scent that isn`t overpowering.

For the simple gloss left behind test I cleaned off my arm rest with some Adam`s Leather and Interior Cleaner and taped off three small sections.

Here`s the cleaned off panel with tape lines and no product applied to it.

I sprayed each product on its own microfiber towel and rubbed it onto the surface, flipped the towel and wiped over it with a clean dry side.

I placed the bottles in the background so there was no confusion as to which area of the arm rest had which product. To clarify it we have Auto Finesse Spritz on the left, Adam`s in the middle and 1Z Cockpit on the right.

In this photo with the tape line there it`s hard to see any major difference at all between the three products.

When the tape is removed however you can see that Auto Finesse Spritz and 1Z cockpit make no change to the arm rest from when I started with a freshly cleaned surface. The Adam`s doesn`t make the area greasy feeling or super shiny it just deepens the color and makes it look a bit richer and darker with a slight glow to it.

So there you have it, if you`re after no change from a perfectly clean new looking interior yet need a product to remove dust, finger prints, smudges, oily arm rest marks and protect the area from fading then Auto Finesse Spritz or 1Z Cockpit are the perfect choice and you can shop based on price or scent between them for this use. If you want an interior quick detailer that deepens the look of your dash and door panels yet don`t want a greasy shiny slick mess like some other products then Adam`s Total Interior Cleaner is the choice since both Auto Finesse Spritz and 1Z Cockpit leave the interior looking like you`ve done nothing at all to it which some people love and other people feel like they`ve wasted their time working with, all personal choice.

At the start I mentioned that 1Z cockpit had been my go to interior quick detailer but after using Adam`s TID and Auto Finesse Spritz my Golf R (the test subject in the pics) will be getting Spritz from now on and my Dodge Nitro R/T will be getting Adam`s TID. Why the change? After using them the Spritz is my personal favorite smell and since it works just as good as 1Z Cockpit yet sprays better and smells better I`m changing based on that. The change in my Dodge is because I like the slight deepening effect Adam`s has on its dark charcoal grey interior and the scent is again better (IMO) than the 1Z Cockpit.

Hope my rambling helped some of you out. Sorry I couldn`t go in depth on their cleaning ability but my cars are too clean for that haha and I`m not sure any of them are all that amazing at cleaning anyway. They seem more suited to dusty dash clean up.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior spray detailer comparison, Auto Finesse, Adam`s, 1Z Einszett...

Thanks for the review and test Mike! I may have to buy my first Auto Finesse product

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve found that trying Auto Finesse stuff is a slippery slope. I bought one AF product and liked it then another and another and another, they keep taking over my arsenal. I have a glass cleaner review I`m writing up now which includes AF Crystal. I could also do one on leather conditioners too now that I think of it. I have way too many products and not enough cars (certainly no dirty ones haha) to use it all on since I no longer detail as a job anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I`m gonna take a look at AF products.

P.S. - I also have a Golf R (candy white 2-door). Great do-it-all car.

Post Thanks / Like

Great write-up! I agree about the scent of AF. Ordered my second bottle today.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. Have you used the Ultima Detail Spray Plus? Curious to see how it compares to AF and 1Z.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up Mike. Thank you for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

RobD...My R is also a CW 2 door and I`m loving it!

mjlinane...Yup, I`ll take a nice vanilla scent over soapy citrus any day haha. The Auto Finesse Finale detail spray also smells amazing, just like fruit punch. It`s the hardest of my detail sprays to resist drinking haha.

richluu...I haven`t tried the Ultima. I can`t remember all the OTC products I tried back when I started detailing but I have used 303 for quite a long time which gives a bit more gloss and a bit wetter look (while not being greasy) than the Adam`s TID. I also tried a Blackfire interior detailer which I still have but it`s got to be an 8 yr old bottle (old orange logo label in a Pinnacle shape square bottle) so I wasn`t sure if it was still good and fair to use it in my comparison. Until I came across 1Z I never found anything for just a clean new look with no shine so when I wanted that I just used a damp microfiber cloth and that was it.

Wors...Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Great reviews and test Mike !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, have you used sonax`s dashboard yet?
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Pats300zx...Thanks, glad to share my thoughts.

Todd...Thanks very much!

The Driver...Unfortunately I haven`t tried the Sonax stuff. When I bought my first bottle of 1Z cockpit to try quite a while back I tossed and turned between it and the Sonax but in the end went with Cockpit. Then when it was time for a new bottle of Cockpit I again tossed and turned between the two but took the safe route with the Cockpit I knew I liked. This time around I was intrigued by the others so I bought them to compare. There`s others I`d like to try but when I find a product I really like I tend to just stick with it and put on the blinders to other things since it makes my wallet happy haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review, very detailed and methodical. It actually got me intrigued in these products, as I`ve been using OptiClean to wipe down my interior. It works well, but I ran out and don`t think I`ll be replacing it, as I originally bought it for a waterless wash and have since switched to Pinnacle.

I had to have instant gratification, so I ran out and bought this:

And found out its very good. You would be hard pressed to notice anything on the surface after its used. It says it cleans and protects. The surface below is sealed with UIG+. You can even use it on SAT NAV screens, as it leaves no grease behind.

The sprayer isn`t great though and it has a slight chemical smell that goes away fast.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll let you know how sonax stacks up against cockpit. I`m ordering both very soon.

Btw ~ I`m on L.I. as well, Huntington.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I have plenty of 1z. It works nicely and the scent is only the unusual aspect.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information