Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Review: BF BlackIce UPDATE POST 62

Review: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

"BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is a synthesis of German-sourced, color-charged montan wax and genuine Brazilian carnauba wax designed to bestow a dimension of gloss on black and dark colors that mimics the appearance of wet paint. Signature Wet Diamond Polymers provide exceptional resistance to UV rays and environmental contamination. Hybrid formula combines the benefits of synthetic and natural ingredients to provide the utmost in paint protection, gloss and clarity."(Autopia Car Care)

I am a huge Blackfire fan ever since I saw Flannigan detail the M3, Merlin detail his F150, and Todd Helme detail a customer’s S550. I was hooked and became a loyal user over the last year. When I saw Blackfire released a new wax I was ecstatic to try it, but also skeptical by the price. After using and dong various test with the product over the last two days I am happy to say your $150 won’t go to waste, especially if have a have a black car.

Thoughts:

After using this wax today, this is another home run for PBMG, and it was well worth the 23 month wait to get the formula perfect. The wax itself is black in color and almost odorless(hint of chemicals), also it didn’t feel oily/butterlike BFMS or Pinnacle. After the car was prepped using the wax was a breeze, after applying a thin layer removal was fairly effortless but no BFWD. After I removed the wax I was shocked at the depth and the gloss, it’s like nothing I have seen to date. My wife even noticed the same thing, she said it’s a different kind of shine and she too was impressed. Since this is a LSP my review will not stop here I will monitor the wear and durability. Please let me know if you want anything answered.

Just look at the depth!!! This was taken in the parking lot of my townhouse.

The Details:

Products used:

Also I would like to add, I had forum members ask me some questions about the product I will be answering all those questions in the thread below with a detailed answer.

Preparing for BlackIce - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

This detail took me 2 days because it was my wife b-day, so yesterday I washed the car at a local coin wash with CG citrus wash and decon with ironx. I rewashed the car with Blackfire Shampoo.

Doesnt look to dirty from this distance does it

A closer look

Paint has not been corrected since last summer, and I do have swirls but nothing too bad. It was actually challenging to find a pic of the swirls.

When I got home I wanted to try the BlackIce on a panel to see how it would perform on swirls without any correction.

So I wanted to test this one spot to see if it would fill in the swirls a bit.

Letting it haze for 10 mins

And shockingly it did an amazing job filling in the swirls, so this made my job a little easier. Instead of polishing the paint, I skipping to Blackfire Gloss enhancing polish which is a paint cleaner/glaze which also helps to fill in swirls.

Day Two

First thing I did was rewash the car with Blackfire Rinseless wash, with the solution in a garden sprayer. Below the spot that is beading is my test spot from yesterday.

Next I grabbed a couple of grey pads and BF gloss enhancing polish.

On the rear door I have some scratches, I got out a 4inch Tangerine HT pad and BF Total Polish and Seal. This was the only spot on the car that I used an abrasive product.

Not bad for an AIO, the deep scratch remains, but that was expected.

Next I applied the BlackIce(apply thin!) with the supplied applicator, and wiped with a white MF towel. I used a white towel because I wanted to see the staining. This is the towel after doing the whole car.

And the end result, the tires and rims finished with BF Eclipse Gel and BFCS.

This is two hours after the detail, still no dust accumulation which was shocking and great benefit.

Enjoy feel free to ask questions-

Dhaval
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

re: Review: BF BlackIce UPDATE POST 62

Thank you very much for the excellent and very informative review!
    This product definitely appears to be a bonifide advancement in paint protection for dark colored paint. All of the development time produced a darn fine wax!
    Buddy

Flex 3401| PE14-150 Griots 6" | 3" PC 7336 | Rupes LHR21 | LHR 12E Duetto
    2014 Mercedes CLS550 - 2012 Audi Q7

Post Thanks / Like

great review! If I had a black car I would So pick this wax up.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

G damit...I gotta have some....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Great review!! Gotta love a clean black car!! Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

As always, another great review. This review makes me wish I had a black car.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review.

This wax just came out... I have learned that using a wax once isn`t really a fair review. Sometimes we are influenced by spending a lot on a wax, getting it in a give away(and feeling guilty about knocking it) or the love for a specific line can influence our opinions.

I really wanted to try this wax but I wasn`t fortunate enough to win the give-away.
    The main thing that keeps me from purchasing this wax(even tho there is a great deal on it now) is the fact that the directions specifically state to keep it away from plastic trim. Without getting into further detail........waxes have overcome this obstacle a while ago...if I recall correctly P21s was one of the first to do so. Tendency is.... waxes that seem to stain trim.....they look great for a short time but over the long-haul they diminish over a short period of time even tho protection is still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim you make some valid points.

Remember old Gold Class staining the crap out of trim back in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent Review. I found it an interesting point that it "filled". That was unexpected.
    I`m looking forward to learning how the "look" continues with durability and longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and thanks for sharing! Once I run out of WG DGPS (my current go to for black cars) I am definitely picking up a jar of this. Loved the way it went on and off at DF. Great stuff!
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

excellent review dhaval. the results you obtained are stunning and your wife`s gotta be pretty happy, which means you can be happy now. (happy wife=happy life)

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful depth and clarity.......

Nice job
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audi X2 View Post
    Thank you very much for the excellent and very informative review!
    This product definitely appears to be a bonifide advancement in paint protection for dark colored paint. All of the development time produced a darn fine wax!
    It is a great advancement, usually when I use a LSP there is very little difference in the looks, this wax can stand apart in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    As always, another great review. This review makes me wish I had a black car.
    hmm, Black is a hassle, but when cleaned nothing else comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Very nice review.

This wax just came out... I have learned that using a wax once isn`t really a fair review. Sometimes we are influenced by spending a lot on a wax, getting it in a give away(and feeling guilty about knocking it) or the love for a specific line can influence our opinions.

I agree and that is why I like to update my reviews time to time to share my findings. Since this is a $150 wax I will stay on top of it, and if there is anything you would like me to note just let me know

I really wanted to try this wax but I wasn`t fortunate enough to win the give-away.
    The main thing that keeps me from purchasing this wax(even tho there is a great deal on it now) is the fact that the directions specifically state to keep it away from plastic trim. Without getting into further detail........waxes have overcome this obstacle a while ago...if I recall correctly P21s was one of the first to do so. Tendency is.... waxes that seem to stain trim.....they look great for a short time but over the long-haul they diminish over a short period of time even tho protection is still going strong.

The rebel in me got some on the trim on purpose. I didn`t really see any adverse effect, to note the trim on my car does have Wolfgang Trim Sealant.

Also check your PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Excellent Review. I found it an interesting point that it "filled". That was unexpected.
    I`m looking forward to learning how the "look" continues with durability and longevity.
    Bob aka FUNX725 asked me "-Would it be possible for you to NOT Correct (prep with TPnS; GEP) an area that has blemishes, if any...
    In order for, perhaps: Imperfections-Hiding purposes/comparisons?"

And I was pleasantly surprised that it filled the way it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality33 View Post
    Great review and thanks for sharing! Once I run out of WG DGPS (my current go to for black cars) I am definitely picking up a jar of this. Loved the way it went on and off at DF. Great stuff!
    You wont be sorry

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    excellent review dhaval. the results you obtained are stunning and your wife`s gotta be pretty happy, which means you can be happy now. (happy wife=happy life)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Beautiful depth and clarity.......

Nice job
    The depth is unreal, I went out and stared at the car again
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I can`t wait to give Black Ice a try...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Damn! What a beautiful shine! This is supposed to be some long lasting stuff so feel free to give us an update. Thanks for the review
    Get your shine on!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information