Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Initial Impressions: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Initial Impressions: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Introduction:

I was another of the lucky members to receive some of the new Wolfgang products to try/review. I had not intentionally tried to be the "final word" with my review but weather got in the way.

I really love WOWA (Wipe On Walk Away) products. I think I`ve only used traditional sealants only a couple of times since trying them. I realize I am probably giving away a touch of "look" and durability but they are just so much easier to use that I don`t mind. And, as you will read below, I`m not sure how much "look" I`m giving away anymore.

Thanks again to Corey for providing the format and to Stig & PBMG for providing the samples.

Product

Product Claims:

From Autopia Car Care site - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

"Engineered in Germany, Made in America, Celebrated Worldwide!

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal offers Wolfgang`s deep shimmering shine and legendary paint protection in an extremely easy-to-use application. Each mist of Deep Gloss Liquid Seal blankets your paint with German Super Polymers that provide incredible depth of shine and outstanding protection. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal uses advanced technology to offer effortless application with no need to buff away!

One ounce of Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is enough to protect up to 6 full size vehicles! Best of all, there`s no buffing required!

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is a wipe-on, walk-away paint sealant that can be applied to most vehicles in under 10 minutes. Wolfgang`s engineers went to great lengths to create a formula that offers all of Wolfgang`s renowned attributes with no compromises. German Super Polymers impart a liquid shine that shimmers across paint. In no time, it creates the type of shine that appears to have taken all day to achieve.

The advanced Super Polymers used in Wolfgang Concours`s product range are already renowned for their ability to protect your paint against acid rain damage, bird bombs, and insect residues. Each drop of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal features highly developed UV inhibitors that offer extreme protection against harmful UV radiation and sun fade.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is a powerful paint sealant. It can be applied as a stand alone protectant for your paint, providing Wolfgang`s stunning looks, signature brilliance, and legendary protection. It can also be used to top for existing paint sealants such as Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0.

Always apply to properly prepared paint that has been cleaned and dried thoroughly. Inspect the paint finish by hand, ensuring a smooth feel. If contamination can be felt, use Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay to restore a smooth surface. Polish and prepare paint with appropriate Wolfgang polishes to remove oxidation or restore luster if needed.

Prime a microfiber or foam applicator pad with one mist of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. Apply one mist of product directly to the paint panel using a sweeping motion. Lightly spread Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Crystal into a thin layer over the paint. Immediately buff-off excess to a dry, deep gloss shine. Repeat application until the entire vehicle is coated. Allow one hour for Deep Gloss Liquid Seal to cure before applying additional layers.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Crystal is also exceptional when used on glass, trim, wheels, and brightwork!"

Details:

1.- Packaging: Plastic Bottle with Finger Sprayer
    2.- Directions: Clearly labeled
    3.- Viscosity: About the same as water
    4.- Color: Clear
    5.- Scent: Bad allergies but think it had a cinnamon scent
    6.- Price at time of review: 8oz = $ 21.99 Sale!! $29.99 Regular
    7.- Manufacturer: Wolfgang
    9.- Made in: USA

Other Products Used:

MF

Test Car:

2011 Flamenco Red Metallic Volvo C70 T5

Preparation:

The test subject had about 2 weeks of daily driving grime (multiple rains) on it and was still wearing Blackfire Wet Diamond Crystal Seal I`d applied a few months ago. So it got a thorough foaming with a mixture of CG Honeydew Snow Foam + Optimum Power Clean and rinsed off with my pressure washer. Then pulled into the garage and got a rinseless wash with Optimum No Rinse v2. The paint was in excellent shape so prep`ed it with Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer (GG6 + white LC CCS).

Application:

Spray a small amount on paint and spread with clean medium nap MF. That`s it!

I did "prime" the quartered MF with a spray before the first wipe.

Observations:

First, I mentioned above that my allergies have seriously reduced my sense of smell but could still tell it was pleasantly scented. This struck me a little unusual because I do not recall any other WOWA as having anything other than a chemical smell. Definitely a good thing.

Wolfgang DGLS may also be the easiest to apply. Most WOWAs are easy but the Wolfgang seemed even easier. It flashed quickly and never had to worry about high spots.

Wolfgang DGLS left a very slick finish, too. This may have contributed to the "easier" application.

You use very little - maybe a spray per body panel - so an 8 oz bottle will last a large number of cars.

On this car, the result was absolutely perfect: a beautiful, wet finish. It set off the copper-flaked red off fantastically.

See for yourself:

Needless to say, the owner was quite delighted. It was only a 3-hour job - the exterior & light interior & that included shooting the pics and video (different review).

Does it meet its claims?

Creates Wolfgang`s trademark deep gloss shine in minutes - Yes
    German Super Polymers provide incredible paint protection - We`ll see
    Wipe-on, walk-away application is amazingly easy to apply - Absolutely.

Comparisons:

One day I`ll write up my WOWA survey... but not today.

Pros:
    1.- Beautiful finish
    2.- Easy to apply
    3.- Pleasant smell
    4.- Cost effective - time- and product-wise - compared to traditional sealants.

????:
    1. Durability.

Cons:
    1.- None that I saw.

Final Observations and Summary:

As mentioned in the introduction, I love WOWAs, in general. Well, I love Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal as much - or more - than any. If you want that deep, wet look fast & easy, this is your product. Cannot recommend any higher.

Comments and questions are encouraged. Thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Initial Impressions: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Looks amazing. nice review

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic review Mike.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Another Great Review Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review as usual Mike. I wonder if multiple coats add anything like UPP is known to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Review, thats a great looking Volvo.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

good review mike. love the results

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Can this be used as a topper?

These products could really compete against the booster detail sprays and spray waxes to amp up gloss and protection due to ease of use in addition to just replacing the lsp.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review Mike. Looks like a mother great product

Post Thanks / Like

Insane shine.......nice review.....

Post Thanks / Like

I agree -fantastic product but I see no real difference between it and BFCS. IMO, they`re two beautiful sisters. Simply can`t make a bad choice. I bought the WG because of the intro pricing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    I agree -fantastic product but I see no real difference between it and BFCS. IMO, they`re two beautiful sisters. Simply can`t make a bad choice. I bought the WG because of the intro pricing.

So the question is: Do you prefer Blondes or Brunettes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

So the question is: Do you prefer Blondes or Brunettes?
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nicey done! Seems Ultima has really made these WOWA Sealants popular. Or was Optimum first?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Nice review as usual Mike. I wonder if multiple coats add anything like UPP is known to do.
    Definitely something I will try when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Great review. Can this be used as a topper?

These products could really compete against the booster detail sprays and spray waxes to amp up gloss and protection due to ease of use in addition to just replacing the lsp.
    Would expect I could use it on an AIO or sealant.

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    There is a slight difference (best I can tell) in finish. I used Blackfire WD Crystal Seal on a 2013 Estoril Blue BMW 335 two days before and that was fantastic looking, too. A deep clear. WG DGLS is a bit wetter looking. Of course, could have been the paint - or my imagination.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information