Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanoskin AutoScrub Video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__fBfi8Ylyc&feature=plcp"]Fast & Quick Paint Cleaning with Nanoskin AutoScrub! - YouTube[/ame]

The AutoScrub Foam Pads are available in both a fine grade and medium grade.

Works with a DA polisher to reduce claying time significantly
    Lasts up to 4 times longer than clay bars
    Washable and reusable, you can even drop it on the ground

Nanoskin AutoScrub 6” Foam Pads turns your Random Orbital DA Polisher into a gentle paint cleaning tool! Spend less time and effort getting the showroom finish you deserve! The Nanoskin AutoScrub 6” Pads use the latest advanced rubber polymer technology to replicate the paint cleaning action of a clay bar while taking advantage of time saving ability of a machine polisher. The result is perfectly clean paint, ready for polishing or waxing, without breaking a sweat!

Shortly after leaving the factory, your vehicle is bombarded with airborne pollutants and contaminants that ruin the smooth feel of paint, limit its shine, and prevent waxes and paint sealants from bonding properly. In the old days, body shops and detailers would use aggressive compounds and a wool pad to clean the paint. Next, natural and synthetic clay bars where developed to clean contamination and overspray. Detailing clay is still the tool of choice, and for good reason. You can clean your paint without damaging it, unlike the compounds of yesterday.

Nanoskin AutoScrub 6” Foam Pads are the next generation in gentle paint cleaning. They work much like detailing clay, but with several advantages. They attach to your Random Orbital DA Polisher the same way a polishing pad does. The rubber polymer side acts in the same manner as detailing clay, safely removing mild contamination and pollutants. A Nanoskin AutoScrub 6” Foam Pad can last up to four times longer than traditional detailing clay and rinses clean in water. Drop it on the ground? No problem, rinse off and keep working!

Wash and dry your car completely. Attach a Nanoskin AutoScrub 6” Foam Pad to your Random Orbital DA Polisher. Work a section at a time on low speed (1-2) and use light pressure. Mist diluted Nanoskin Glide (or your favorite clay lubricant) on the section and work in overlapping passes until the paint is smooth. Wipe away residue with a soft, clean microfiber towel before moving to the next section.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin AutoScrub Video

Thanks for video, looks simple to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. What is the quickest and safest way to clean the nanoskin? Do you remove it and rinse it in a sink then reattach and proceed? Would it be easier to have a bucket with some sort of cleaning solution to clean the nanoskin?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Thanks for video, looks simple to use.
    It is extremely easy to use!

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Great review. What is the quickest and safest way to clean the nanoskin? Do you remove it and rinse it in a sink then reattach and proceed? Would it be easier to have a bucket with some sort of cleaning solution to clean the nanoskin?
    Rinse it off. You can use a hose, bucket, or sink. I like the bucket idea, and with a quick massage of the polymerized rubber, you don`t even need a cleaning solution.

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    Thanks Todd!
    You are very welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd can you feel with the machine when the paint is smooth or did you feel with your hand while working?

Do you think this will be more susceptible to marring than clay?

Compared to the speedy prep towel do you think one would be safer than the other?

I`ve been using clay only but these new products really have me interested especially if they save time. My main concern is the chance of inducing marring being greater than with clay bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick response. I would also like to know your thoughts on how it compares to the speedy prep towel.

Post Thanks / Like

All I could think of was Vin Diesal narrating it while Todd was demonstrating lol

Post Thanks / Like

Some great questions here. Very interested in the comparo between the Speedy Prep Towel and the Nanoskin disk system - perhaps there is a reason to select one product over another which would be great to know. Personally, I would like some advise on which to choose for paint in very good and hammered conditions - since I don`t seem to detail the cars in average condition. lol. Also, do these clay alternatives micro mar less, more or about the same as a traditional clay bar? My last question involves polishing - am I correct in assuming some type of polishing should occur after using the Nanoskin disk, being either a traditional light machine polish or a cleanser type of product like KAIO? Thanks Todd.

Post Thanks / Like

This video clears up some questions I had. Very simple to use.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Ive been using it for a few months..if I drop it while using by hand I just wash it off. When Im done with a job I just use a toothb MF brush to clean the Autoscuber off and its good as new...Its a awesome product and I wont use a claybar again.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dido does it marr?????? Just seems like it would be aggressive. I like my speedy prep towel but I wouldn`t dare use it on a car that wasn`t already in pretty good shape because it will marr anything you have to go hard on.... Also in your opinion is the something you could get majorly inbedded fall out off with? White car with speckles you can barely feel with a bag?? Love the concept and if you wanna send me one i`ll write the most compresive review ever .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    Some great questions here. Very interested in the comparo between the Speedy Prep Towel and the Nanoskin disk system - perhaps there is a reason to select one product over another which would be great to know. Personally, I would like some advise on which to choose for paint in very good and hammered conditions - since I don`t seem to detail the cars in average condition. lol. Also, do these clay alternatives micro mar less, more or about the same as a traditional clay bar? My last question involves polishing - am I correct in assuming some type of polishing should occur after using the Nanoskin disk, being either a traditional light machine polish or a cleanser type of product like KAIO? Thanks Todd.
    Let me answer this since I have been using this for a few months. The Speed Pre Towel and the Nanoskin DA pad are the same well the Polymer coating is the same that is. I picked the 6" DA Nanoskin pad for a 2 reasons...I have a velcro backing strap that I use when Im doing it by hand if need be. I have seen no marring maybe since Im keeping it well lubed. After I dry it off I inspect the paint for swirls and RIDS and go from there to correct the defects. I then proceed to polish and so on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RA, appreciate your thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    Dido does it marr?????? Just seems like it would be aggressive. I like my speedy prep towel but I wouldn`t dare use it on a car that wasn`t already in pretty good shape because it will marr anything you have to go hard on.... Also in your opinion is the something you could get majorly inbedded fall out off with? White car with speckles you can barely feel with a bag?? Love the concept and if you wanna send me one i`ll write the most compresive review ever .
    I have used this and various dark to light colored cars and I have not seen any marring in anyway. Yes you can get the embedded fallout with this product about 75% faster then a claybar from what I have done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information