Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless Roundup

In my Dodo Juice Low on EAU quick review (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...e-low-eau.html), Todd asked about a comprehensive, all rinseless wash product comparison. Well, here is the Rinseless Wash World According to Mike.

I have used BF Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash, CG Hose Free EcoWash, DDJ Low on Eau, Duragloss 931, ONR v3, ONR v2, DP RW&G and Megs Rinse Free Express Wash (+ UWWP, if you count it as a rinseless) and this encompasses my observations.

My wash method
    My most recent way of doing this is kind of a mix between the Garry Dean Wash Method (GDWM) and the Todd version. 1x 2 gallon bucket, no grit guard, towel never goes back to the bucket from the GDWM and doing a fair chunk of the car at a time from Todd`s. Often I will precede with foaming and rinsing (and sometimes using my MetroVac to mostly dry or remove particulates).

Here is a video of how I rinseless:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6AM3UC3QI]Rinseless Wash Technique - YouTube[/ame]

I do the horizontal surfaces first (all of them in wave 1), each side (waves 2 & 3) and finish with the back & front + side glass (wave 4).

I do the windshield and rear window on wave 1 to have a place to store the MFs as I move between waves. I normally do this inside my garage so I don`t worry about the wind blowing the MFs to the ground but, even working outside, I`m sure I could find a better place than my pockets. Sorry Garry.

Constantly inspect the MFs for signs of getting dirty. Turn to a new side as necessary and get a new MF if required. The dirtier the car, the more towels you use.

My criteria
    1) Cleans well without marring - includes how free it rinses from MF although, with my new wash method, that is less important now
    2) Final finish of paint
    3) Cost effectiveness
    4) Scent

Blackfire Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash (BF WDRW)

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash

Size Cost RTU $/gal
    16 oz. $14.99 $0.47
    64 oz. $39.99 $0.31 Sale price: $29.99
    128 oz. $49.99 $0.20 Sale price: $39.99 !!

Autopia Car Care description:
    "The rinseless way to maintain a Wet Ice Over Fire shine!

Concentrated formula can be diluted to make a water conditioner, a quick detailer, clay and foam pad lubricant, and a rinseless wash.
    High gloss polymers bond to the paint to leave a slick, shiny finish.
    Safe on paint, clear coats, glass, metals, and plastics.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash washes fuses proprietary Wet Diamond polymers in a rinseless wash to give you the best of both worlds! The Wet Diamond tri-polymer system is extremely slick, allowing dirt and grime to be washed away with out scratching. It also coats the paint in a layer of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond polymers leaving your paint, trim, and glass slick while creating the whiplash-inducing shine! BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash is the most advanced rinseless wash today.

Use BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash to gently clean auto paint.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash can be diluted to make a quality foam pad lubricant.

Use BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash as a slick clay bar lubricant.
    Rinsless washes have become popular because they save money, time, and reduce water usage. If you live in an apartment or in a water-restricted area, this is for you. When you can`t use a water hose, you can always use BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash!

Only BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash infuses your paint with our cutting edge Wet Diamond Polymers. The very same polymers in BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Paint Protection create a three dimensional shine on your paint with every wash.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash only requires two gallons of water for effective cleaning. Compare that number to the 30 to 70 gallons used at an automated car wash. This tremendous water savings translates to a cost savings to homeowners, and it`s better for the environment because there is less run-off. Plus, BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash is biodegradable and VOC compliant.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash also makes an excellent foam pad and clay bar lubricant, water conditioner, and quick detailer. The dilution ratio determines how the product can be used. The advanced lubricants and polymers provide excellent protection against swirls and scratches."

Dilution ratio: 0.5oz / gallon

This is my favorite rinseless wash. It leaves that ineffibly gorgeous Blackfire whiplash finish, cleans well, smells great - the whole 9 yards. It is a bit more expensive than some but worth it for my cars IMHO. (And on the current sale, only CG Hose Free is cheaper by the Ready to Use (RTU) gallon. Buy it now, guys!!)

Full review: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-detailer.html

Chemical Guys Hose Free ECOwash (CG HFEW)

Chemical Guys Hose Free Eco Wash

Size Cost RTU $/gal
    16 oz. $16.99 $0.35
    128 oz. $42.99 $0.11 (I only paid $28.64)

"The environmentally friendly way to wash your car!

Wash your car without a hose!
    Enhances gloss and slickness.
    Paint safe.

Imagine being able to wash your entire auto without a hose! Chemical Guys Hose Free ECOwash delivers a super high shine without the hose! Utilizing a high-shine polymer rich formula Chemical Guys Hose-Free ECOwash delivers the slickest lubricity and mirror wet high shine finish.

Wash, shine, protect and prolong without the need for a mess or a hose.

Don`t have access to a hose? To cold where you live to wash your auto outside?

You can wash your entire auto delivering a super high shine in half the time with HOSE FREE ECOwash. This unique car wash formula allows you to properly wash your vehicle without the need to rinse the vehicle down with a hose. Just pour one ounce per gallon of water in your bucket and you have a paint safe and hose free washing solution. Wash your vehicle like normal and then proceed right to drying. The extremely slick formula helps you wash with ease and contaminants simply glide off the paint. This formula also has gloss enhancing additives and polymers which make the paint look amazing after the wash as well.

This is perfect for mobile detailers or anyone who likes to detail while traveling. Some apartment complexes do not provide hose access, so you can still wash your car with this formula. Too much direct sun and high temperatures can make your vehicle prone to water mark etchings while washing. Water marks look terrible and can be very tough to remove so it`s important to be careful while washing. If you normally wash in direct sun and high temperatures you can now wash the vehicle inside your garage without the fear of water marks. If you live in area with freezing cold temperatures this formula allows you to wash inside or outside without the hose. The versatility of this formula is outstanding and makes it a must have for virtually any detailer."

Dilution ratio: 1 oz / 3 gal.

Is very sudsy, even more so at higher dilution ratios in a "traditional" rinseless method.

If I did production work only, CG HFEW would be my choice. It is by far the most cost effective product (I bought mine before ACC carried the line and it works out to $0.07 per RTU gal based on what I paid for it), cleans very well and leaves a better than average finish.

Don`t get me wrong, I have and would (and will) use on my cars. But I am willing to spring for a bit more to get the absolute best finish for my own cars, hence my fondness for BF. Before BF WDRW, I had pretty much used CG HFEW exclusively on my cars.

Here is my full review: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-eco-wash.html

Dodo Juice Low on EAU (LOE)

Dodo Juice Low on EAU Rinseless Wash 250 ml.

Size Cost RTU $/gal
    250ml $14.99 $0.75

"Ban the hosepipe! Bring on the rinseless revolution!

Ultra slick rinseless wash with gloss agents
    Save water and increase shine
    Highly concentrated formula

Eau is the French word for water. Dodo Juice Low On Eau is a highly lubricated non-foaming car wash, designed to clean lightly soiled surfaces with out the need for a final rinse. This product will clean your ride and impart a Dodo Juice shine while saving water over a traditional wash. Use Dodo Juice Low On Eau Rinseless Wash on slightly soiled vehicles.

When you first open your bottle of Dodo Juice Low On Eau Rinseless Wash the fresh pineapple scent will take you a journey to Mauritus, the home and industrial epicenter of Dodo Juice. Little men in orange lab coats scurry about hand crafting superior car care products. As your add Low On Eau to your wash bucket and experience this products performance you will be glad to be back to reality. Dodo Juice Low On Eau is a great performing rinseless wash.

Add 3 capfuls of Dodo Juice Low On Eau Rinseless Wash per gallon of water in your wash bucket. For best results use two buckets, each with a Grit Guard insert at the bottom. Rinse your wash sponge or mitt in the second bucket after each panel. Wash and dry one panel at a time, starting with the top sections of the vehicle and working downward until the entire vehicle is clean and shiny. For more protection and gloss, lightly mist each panel with Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer during the final drying."

Dilution ratio: ~0.75oz / gallon.

I believe LOE does everything well and looks best or second best. If it was less expensive, I would definitely continue using it but it is twice as much as the next most costly product.

It does release dirt from a Bone, if you use it that way.

Here is my review: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...e-low-eau.html.

DuraGloss 931

Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax 16 oz.

Size Cost RTU $/gal
    16 oz. $10.99 $0.34
    128 oz. $39.99 $0.16

"Create the Wet Look with minimal water!

Wash and wax your vehicle anywhere.
    Requires no running water.
    Perfect for water restricted areas, apartments, and condos.

Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax combines the rinseless wash with a powerful sealant. Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax uses advanced polymers to capture and remove dirt and road grime without scratching while leaving behind a coating of their best selling Aquawax protection. Use Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax when you want a clean car with a `just waxed` appearance with minimal water usage. Add 1.5 ounces to 3 gallons of water then wash and dry a section at a time."

Dilution ratio: 0.5oz / gallon

I like DG 931. It cleans well, is reasonably cost effective, rinses clean from MFs (if you use the "traditional" rinseless method with Grit Guards).

I am less fond of Aquawax than many members though. It has a more simple look and seems to collect dust. So the fact that DG931 leaves Aquawax behind isn`t a positive to me. Now, if I wasn`t as particular about my car upkeep or look then this would be an easy choice. You could quickly (rinseless) wash & protect your car every week.

Optimum No Rinse (ONR)

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

Size Cost RTU $/gal
    32 oz. $15.99 $0.25
    8 oz. $7.99 $0.50
    128 oz. $39.99 $0.16

"The most technologically advanced car wash system!

Ability to wash in your garage during cold winter months!
    Can be used on Motorhomes, boats, and planes
    Will reduce water usage to a fraction of a conventional car wash.

The latest Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine formula for 2012 offers greater slickness, ease of use, and protection!

No Rinse Wash & Shine is the most technologically advanced car wash system that only requires 1-2 gallons of water to wash the entire car. No Rinse Wash & Shine does not require rinsing since there are no soapy surfactants to wash off into the storm drains.

This unique product contains substantive polymers which bond to the paint and protect it during the wash. Therefore, No Rinse Wash & Shine offers greater protection and lubricity than conventional car washes leaving a sleek & glossy finish behind afterwards. The waste water in the bucket can be used to water the lawn or disposed of into a sink, where it will be treated!

Additional benefits are faster washes, ability to wash anywhere at anytime including washing inside the garage during the cold months, no messy water runoffs, and greater looking car finishes. These are some of the reasons No Rinse Wash & Shine is being used by many professional detailers across the country (see testimonials).

No Rinse Wash & Shine can also be used to wash motorhomes, motorcycles, boats, and planes."

Rinseless dilution ratio: 0.5oz / gal

ONR v3 is a definite improvement over its predecessor. v2 wasn`t bad but v3 has a slightly improved finish and does release dirt from the MF much better. It is extremely versatile and is my go-to clay lube for my clay substitute sponge.

Full review: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-rinse-v3.html

Detailer`s Pro Rinseless Wash & Gloss

Detailer`s Rinseless Wash & Gloss

Size Cost RTU $/gal
    32 oz. $17.99 $0.28
    128 oz. $39.99 $0.16

"What one product can do all this? The answer is Detailer`s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss, a super concentrated formula that cleans, shines, and protects paint.

Detailer`s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss has multiple uses. The concentrated formula can be diluted with water to make four exceptional car care products that blend convenience and performance seamlessly:

Rinseless Wash

DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss is packed with lubricants that wrap around dirt and grit to elevate it just above the paint surface. Specialized polymers grab dirt and trap it within the slippery solution of lubricants and water. As you wipe the wet surface with a microfiber towel, the dirt will stick to the towel, not the paint. Upon drying the surface, it will feel super slick and have an incredible gloss. In fact, DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss offers more surface protection, slickness, and shine than any other quick wash or rinseless wash on the market!

Water Conditioner

Because DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss is so rich in lubricants, you can add it to your regular wash water to soften and condition the water. It will enhance the performance of the shampoo with its advanced, water-based lubricants to decrease the risk of swirls and increase the sheeting action of the shampoo. It`s your favorite car shampoo, only better.

Foam Pad Lubricant

As a pad lubricant, DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss prevents dry buffing by softening the foam before it touches your vehicle. The formula doubles the lubrication of the polish you are using so it goes on effortlessly and evenly.

Clay Lubricant

As a clay lubricant, DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss provides an ample layer of slick protection between the clay bar and the surface to be clayed. The lubricant leaves a reflective shine and slick finish when wiped away. Because the lubricant is water-based, it will not degrade any type of clay.

Quick Detailer

This is where the polymers really shine! The proprietary polymers bond to the paint as the lubricants allow dust and dirt to be wiped away scratch-free. The polymers leave a slick, high gloss finish that is a brilliant complement to any existing wax coat. Since DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss is water-based, it`s safer for you and your vehicle. Enjoy the slick shimmer and convenience of a quick detailer with no harmful chemicals!

Detailer`s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss is ideal for maintaining a clean vehicle when a traditional car wash is impossible or impractical, like during the winter or in water-restricted locations.

Detailer`s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss is ahead of the curve with its water-based, environmentally friendly formula. Because there`s no need to rinse, there are no chemicals running into storm drains and then into local lakes and streams. (Storm drain water does not receive any filtering or processing before entering the local surface waters.) Eliminating run-off preserves the water quality in your area, which is better for you, your neighbors, and the environment.

Detailer`s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss contains non-petroleum lubricants that are readily biodegradable and nontoxic. This creates a drastic reduction in VOCs, well below the standards set by the California Air Resources Board and the federal government. No matter what the dilution ratio, Detailer`s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss is safe for the user and the vehicle. And it replaces many products that are not so safe, like oil-based quick detailers and lubricants. So, you can breathe easier and save a little cash in the process.

Environmental consciousness is important, but the most compelling feature of Detailer`s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss is that it works. Used as a rinseless wash, a clay lubricant, a water conditioner, or a quick detail spray; this product delivers real results."

Rinseless dilution ratio: 0.5oz / gallon

On the positive side, DP RW&G is very versatile and its finish is definitely better than most.

My major gripe with DP RW&G (and ONR v2) is that it doesn`t rinse cleanly from my Bone. The optics of taking a dirty Bone to my delicate paint put me off. I never actually saw any marring resulting from this but it bugged me so much that I resorted to using it only in my wheel bucket rinse water. The new wash method eliminates this as an issue but the perception lingers. I also prefer ONR as a clay lube.

So, if you don`t "traditional" rinseless or "traditional" rinseless with something other than a BONE, it is a good product - particularly if you catch it on BOGO.

Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash
    No pic - just received a sample
    Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash 128 oz.

Size Cost RTU $/gal
    128oz $39.99 $0.32

"The fast, easy, and safe way to rinseless wash your vehicle

Clean all exterior surfaces without rinsing
    Non-streak formula with quick & easy wipe-off
    Biodegradable and safe for the environment

Meguiar`s Rinse Free Express Wash quickly and efficiently cleans all exterior surfaces, even in direct sunlight, without rinsing with water! It is even safe for interior surfaces. Meguiar`s Rinse Free Express Wash combines high performance cleaning power with easy of use. New technologies in surfactant cleaners allow this rinseless wash to remove moderate soiling and dirt without scratching the paint.

Dilute 1 part of Rinse Free Express Wash with 128 parts of water for multiple cleaning uses. Meguiar`s Rinse Free Express Wash is perfect for cleaning your vehicle when running water isn`t available such as at an apartment building or in your garage during the winter. It also works wonders for detailers who rely and quick and efficient cleaning with out sacrificing quality. Best of all, using Meguiar`s Rinse Free Express Wash will conserve large volumes of water making it great for the environment.

When you need a rinse free clean in record time, use Rinse Free Express Wash, from the name you know: Meguiar`s."

Dilution ratio: 1oz / gallon

This probably should be an incomplete for me. I have used it only once and, even though it had some nice properties, it didn`t wow me or clean as well as I would like. But, because I didn`t use a different product or dilution on that one car, I won`t really know until I try it again. However, because I didn`t like it then, I have been really unmotivated to try again. It is also more expensive due to the dilution ratio.

The fact it leaves nothing behind is definitely a plus if you use Wolf`s or Permanon (so I`ve read).

At some point, I`ll try again and update.

My initial thoughts were here: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...t-vehicle.html

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate

Size Cost RTU $/gal
    16oz $20.99 $0.43

"Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate

Economical and Environmentally Friendly
    Just 1/2 Ounce Makes 22 Ounces Ready To Use Spray Wash
    Just 1 Ounce Make 3 Gallons of No Rinse Car Wash Solution

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate is a hyper-concentrate that can be used to make the Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ spray wash formula or as a no rinse car wash solution in bucket. Either way, Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ will not only meet your expectations, it will exceed them in both cleaning ability and gloss enhancement!

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ QUICKLY and SAFELY cleans painted surfaces, chrome, plastic, glass and wheels without the use of water. No hoses! No rinsing! No drying! This Boosted by PolychargerTM formula not only cleans your vehicle`s surfaces, it protects from the harsh elements and harmful UV rays."

I`ve never actually used UWW+ as a rinseless. It is my favorite waterless wash, though. I will try when my current RTU stock is empty and update. Is a bit on the pricy side but, using my current method, definitely isn`t as terrible as I thought.

Conclusion

None of these products are bad. I just like some more than others. Once I run out of my current stock (plus any new ones that come out ), I will probably only be buying BF, CG, and ONR (for OptiCoat prep and clay lube).

Let me know if you want a similar write-up on waterless products. Comments welcome.

Umm, Todd. Does this count as 6 reviews?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Roundup

Wow !!!

Thanks for putting this together Mike. I am coming to the end of my ONR v2 and have been debating as to what to pick up. This will definitely help. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Great Write up!!! This should be a Sticky!!! Again great job Mike!

I did not know Garry Dean Wash Method (GDWM) was actually a "thing". When I am at the condo I use one bucket and 12 Rolled Edge MF to do a rinseless. On another forum I was telling someone that was my way...ooops

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing write up Mike !!!! Thanks for putting that together. I am at the end of my bottle of ONR. I just put version 3 in my cart
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of work went into this write up and thanks

Why wasn`t PB S&W included?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Why wasn`t PB S&W included?
    That`s the problem with having so many different products - didn`t think of it.

I`ve used PB S&W but mostly as a QD. Is really more of a waterless, isn`t it?

Very nice, wet-looking, slick finish. Does seem to attract dust here on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Thanks everyone.

That`s the problem with having so many different products - didn`t think of it.

I`ve used PB S&W but mostly as a QD. Is really more of a waterless, isn`t it?

Very nice, wet-looking, slick finish. Does seem to attract dust here on my car.
    Yes completely waterless and IMO one of the best on the market for ease of use, under any condition. I don`t find it to attract dust
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Great reviews.

I too rank BF as my favorite no rinse. I use Megs. Express when I don`t want to add anything to the finish. I also have CG Hose Free.....the suds always make me think I`m getting better cleaning?....and UWW+ for waterless only.

Post Thanks / Like

and this is why you are a detail jedi mike.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    and this is why you are a detail jedi mike.
    what he said

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing Mike!! I say this should be a sticky with an option to update if needed!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write up !

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

now thats what i call a review.... very informative and very well done.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great write-up! Thanks for sharing!

I would assume that PB SW wasn`t included because it is not a rinseless wash?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information