Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

**Review-GTechnig T1 Tire and Trim**

The package of T1 Gtechnig Tire and Trim arrived during the week, but the weekend was my first opportunity to clean-up the car and try the product.

The T1 Comes in a 250ml size (8.45 oz) bottle with a convenient flip top. It is currently priced at $ 19.99 per bottle. The formula is designed to be used straight out of the bottle undiluted.

The T1 is clear in color and thicker than water but not quite a gel. This consistency makes spreading the product and getting it into the grooves on the side walls of the tire very easy. I used a new yellow foam applicator I had on hand to apply the T1.

My main attributes for a perfect tire dressing would be:
    1 Does not sling
    2. Easy to apply (Spread)
    3. Even, consistent appearance
    4. Long lasting effect
    5. Does not attract dirt
    6. Non-staining to driveway/pavers

I left out gloss level as this is very subjective and the gloss IS easily controlled on T1 by the number of coats and slightly by the physical buffing off the dried dressing with a dry MF towel.

To give this product the fairest evaluation I cleaned the car, wheels and Tires prior to applying the T1. I documented each step so you could see how I arrived at the results. I cleaned the tires and wheels then moved the car 1/4 tire turn to get the whole tire cleaned, I did the same for the application of each of the 2 coats of T1 so the whole tires was coated evenly.

Here are some pictures before clean up.

Tools assembled and ready to go cleaning:

I used car wash soap in the wash bucket as my wheels are sealed and not too dirty. P21S Total Auto Wash (TAW) was used on the tires and wheel wells.

Here are some in process wheels, wells and tire cleaning pictures:

Here are some shots after the wheels were cleaned, the tires stripped of old dressing using TAW:

50/50 Shot of bare cleaned tire on the right and 1 coat of GTechnig T1 on the left

After 1 Coat of T1 applied with a foam applicator:

After 2nd Coat of T1 applied:

Shots of tires Sunday after 100+ Miles of driving mixed parkway and city including a run to JFK airport.

Shots from the perspective of the "whole" car:

Better Pictures from Sunday late afternoon after the brightest Sun had passed:

Before I called it a day and fired up the BBQ I used a MF towel and buffed the tire to see if it would reduce the shine:

I don`t think buffing it impacted the shine all that much, and I could not capture a difference on the camera but the gloss is easy to control buy sticking with 1 coat as you can see from the photos above. Buffing with the applicator (same one used to apply T1) did not remove much of the shine either and may have in-fact upped the gloss level. This confirms my suspicion that the foam applicator is holding quite a bit of product.

My overall opinion is that this is a very good tire dressing. That rating can easily move to excellent depending on how is lasts and the rate at which it degrades over time. At $19.99 for 8.45 oz .it is on the more expensive side of tire dressings and in line with the more premium branded products on the market. I never mind paying for a product that delivers superior performance. If GTechnig T1 truly lasts longer than the other tire dressings and you like the look of the tires in the photo`s above it is certainly easy to use and spread. A little goes a long way. I used about 4 pea sized drops per tire after the applicator was evenly coated. The product did not sling and the coverage was consistent over the tire. We will have to see if it attracts soil as it ages but as of now and one hundred plus miles of driving it has not accumulated any visible dirt. Next time I would use an applicator that was less absorbent to apply the dressing as there was a lot of product left in the applicator at the end of application. I will keep you updated on the appearance over time so we can get a gauge on durability.

Thanks to Todd for allowing me review this for you by providing a sample of the T1. If you have any specific questions please let me know. Have a good week!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: **Review-GTechnig T1 Tire and Trim**

Excellent review!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very thorough and well documented review Jeff! Thanks for sharing. T1 looks very nice and provides a great, dark contrast against the while of your Lexus. Very cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Very thorough and well documented review Jeff! Thanks for sharing. T1 looks very nice and provides a great, dark contrast against the while of your Lexus. Very cool!
    Agreed,even if it is an Infiniti -LOL

Thanks again for the opportunity to review a new product. Can`t wait to try some more GTechnig Products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Excellent review!!
    Thanks! I hope you enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Jeff. Very detailed and well put together...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Jeff. Very detailed and well put together...
    Thanks Pat. I am glad you liked it. I will keep the post updated so we can see how gracefully it ages. We had a major thunderstorm last night and I used the car to pick up my son in the worst of it. I will update the post with photo`s when I get home from work.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the detailed review jeff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    thanks for the detailed review jeff.
    My pleasure, I am glald you liked it.

Becasue of your most recent review I purchased and applied some GTechnig G1 an G2 mart Glass. I applied it to the Subaru I posted last week. It was brand new so I did not need to polish the glass.

We had a huge T-storm last night and my son was driving the car (w/Smart Glass) . He reported the wiper worked fine with no skipping/chattering and that the rain was running up the windshield. I applied it Saturday AM and it got wet Sunday evening. I hope that was sufficient cure time for max durability-I could not find a cure time, perhaps someone in the know can chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Jeff!!!

Please keep us updated on the durability. Everything looks great and the durability will really be the deciding factor for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Nice review Jeff!!!

Please keep us updated on the durability. Everything looks great and the durability will really be the deciding factor for me.
    Thanks Troy- I will definitley keep you updated and do my best to photo document the whole process as it ages. I guess the only real question that remains in my mind it how long would I be satisfied with it lasting? If it lasted X it would be awesome. What is X?

I would appreciate your help and everyone elses opinion on what would justify an excellent, good and fair rating for T1 given the pricing/performance we would expect from a premium product. Maybe someone with more forum smarts than I can set up a pole to measure this so it would be easier to analyze the information (Calling Todd-Help with this please?). The pole can read something like.....

How long would a tire dressing coasting $19.99/per 250ML (8.45oz) have to last on your tires (looking good) for you to decide to rate it excellent? Good? and Fair? Take into account the price/performance ratio when answering the question. If someone has a better set of variable to suggest I am open or a better way to collect the data. Perhaps one without regard to price and another as stated above with price?

Keep you all posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Thanks Troy- I will definitley keep you updated and do my best to photo document the whole process as it ages. I guess the only real question that remains in my mind it how long would I be satisfied with it lasting? If it lasted X it would be awesome. What is X?

I would appreciate your help and everyone elses opinion on what would justify an excellent, good and fair rating for T1 given the pricing/performance we would expect from a premium product. Maybe someone with more forum smarts than I can set up a pole to measure this so it would be easier to analyze the information (Calling Todd-Help with this please?). The pole can read something like.....

How long would a tire dressing coasting $19.99/per 250ML (8.45oz) have to last on your tires (looking good) for you to decide to rate it excellent? Good? and Fair? Take into account the price/performance ratio when answering the question. If someone has a better set of variable to suggest I am open or a better way to collect the data. Perhaps one without regard to price and another as stated above with price?

Keep you all posted.

I like the way you are thinking.

For me on the pricing aspect it comes down to setting a baseline for what we agree is a normal price/per application. So for me the question is how many application can you get from your favorite tire dressing and how long does it last? Based on that a comparable dressing that is say twice as expensive would need to last twice as long to get the same value from the product.

Example:
    BF Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Gel - $19.99 @ 16oz
    Gtechniq T1 Tire & Trim - $19.99 @ 250ml (8.45oz)

So based on the cost and assuming you use approx. the same amount per tire to coat them I would say the Gtechniq T1 would need to last twice as long as the BF Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Gel to be a good value. But there are so many other factors than just price like Look, Dirt Attraction, Sling, Streaking, Ease of Application. And as you can buy larger quantities the price comparison becomes harder as you can get the volume discount on some products and not others.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the way you are thinking.

For me on the pricing aspect it comes down to setting a baseline for what we agree is a normal price/per application. So for me the question is how many application can you get from your favorite tire dressing and how long does it last? Based on that a comparable dressing that is say twice as expensive would need to last twice as long to get the same value from the product.

Example:
    BF Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Gel - $19.99 @ 16oz
    Gtechniq T1 Tire & Trim - $19.99 @ 250ml (8.45oz)

So based on the cost and assuming you use approx. the same amount per tire to coat them I would say the Gtechniq T1 would need to last twice as long as the BF Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Gel to be a good value. But there are so many other factors than just price like Look, Dirt Attraction, Sling, Streaking, Ease of Application. And as you can buy larger quantities the price comparison becomes harder as you can get the volume discount on some products and not others.

I agree with the thought process but how long would you say your dressing of choice stays looking good on you tires, on average?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I agree with the thought process but how long would you say your dressing of choice stays looking good on you tires, on average?
    That is a good question...

I will have to do some testing to figure it out. I usually re-apply around every 2 weeks depending on m mood or how the tires look.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good question...

I will have to do some testing to figure it out. I usually re-apply around every 2 weeks depending on m mood or how the tires look.
    Well, we can go with that for now. I do not think I have ever had a tire dressing looking good over a 2 week time frame. What is your longest lasting dressing to date. I guess that is becasue we have so much rain in NY. Lately when it rains, it literally pours. I wish my shower had the pressure of the rain that was bouncing off the windshield last night!

I willl try to get some shots tonight since it rained so hard last night, and then every few days thereafter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information