Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz DLux Review

CarPro CQuartz DLux

CarPro CQuartz DLux
    is one of their newer products designed to restore, protect all exterior plastic and rubber surfaces like trim and door moldings. If I had to categorize this product I`d say it would make a great companion to their CQuartz paint coating...

I`ve been using some great products lately and although they work very well I`m looking for a coating I can rely on to keep it`s appearance wash after wash.....and I just may have found it!!

My truck is a 1999 Dodge Dakota SLT. While I do take very good care of it, time, weather, washing, heat and sun continues to take its toll especially on rubber and plastic.

The mirrors in particular have become dull and try as I may, all of the products I`ve used thus far are good for about 4 to 6 weeks. Soon after they begin to look dull again so I`m back to square 1...

The Review

CarPro CQuartz DLux

"CQuartz DLux is different from the original CQuartz formula in that DLux contains more than 50% pure silica! Silica is what makes up glass, making CQuartz DLux essentially a glass coating for your vehicle`s plastic and rubber exterior surfaces. As an added benefit, the main component of CQuartz DLux is orgnosilane, a compound that repels water and dirt away from the surface it coats".

Like several CarPro products they come complete with everything you`ll need in a factory sealed plastic bag..

Included in each kit you`ll find CQuartz DLux, applicator pad, and suede cloths.

The bottle is shrink wrapped sealed ensuring the product remains in the bottle until it`s read for use.

Prepping the Area

First, wash the area thoroughly then dry. Next, wipe the area with Isopropyl Alcohol to be sure it`s void of oils and other contaminates.

Here`s the drivers side mirror and trim. I taped off the paint not knowing whether this product could affect it.

Some products supplied in small bottles typically have nothing between the product and the open air once the caps removed, CQuartz DLux is not one of them. With the cap removed I was pleased to see a dispensing insert in the bottles mouth.

This insert makes dispensing the product on the suede cloth simple and easy.

Application

Now it`s time to apply CQuartz DLux. I was excited to try this product because I`ve never been pleased with how dull some of the trim has gotten so let`s see if this lives up to its claims...

I`ve applied it to half the mirror and as you can see the surface looks deep and rich, almost new in appearance....I am psyched!!

I finished the application and depending on the contour you may find your fingers are designed perfectly for those areas!

Mirror

This is where you drop the pad and use your fingers....with gloves of course!

Door Trim

Bug Deflector

My thoughts

CQuartz DLux is very easy to use. The product glides on effortlessly leaving a nice even coat. I applied CQuartz DLux in both directions to ensure complete and even coverage.

What surprised me was the product seemed self-leveling and absorbed into the pores of the plastic taking on a very rich appearance. CQuartz DLux dries completely with no oily feeling or residue.

At 80 degrees it cures in about 1 hour so wipe any excess with the suede cloth.

CQuartz DLux completely cures in 24 hours so don`t let it come in contact with moisture during the curing time.

Believe it or not I don`t think I used more than 10 drops of product to completely revive all that plastic and trim. This product is very economical to use as the product goes a very long way...

Give CarPro CQuartz DLux a try, you won`t be disappointed!!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz DLux Review

Great review, Bobby!! Bought mine a couple of weeks ago and look forward to trying it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Bobby ! It looks like yet another high end trim restorer. It will be interesting see to the long term results.

I have tried a variety of product (latest was Solution Finish) on my 1997 Dakota side mirrors. The effect with all drop over time so nothing is close to permanent.

Al
    The Need to Bead

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review Bobby, I myself spent the day working on my ride and use Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Restorer and so far it has lasted almost 3 months on my trim. I`m always looking for something new and glad to see this one coming along when I`ll be getting ready to spend some dinero for a product.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

good review bobby, definitely 100% improvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Bobby. I am looking forward to how it hold up in comparison to Solution Finish, UTTP, and Wolfgang WETS.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby you are the man!!!

I am looking forward to how this last for you. I have been seriously considering this product to compliment my CQ and OC coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review on CQuartz DLux. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Bobby. I am looking forward to how it hold up in comparison to Solution Finish, UTTP, and Wolfgang WETS.
    Hi Pat,

It`s funny you mention Solution Finish because I applied it to the passengers side mirror and trim as well.......

I`ll keep you posted on both!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hi Pat,

It`s funny you mention Solution Finish because I applied it to the passengers side mirror and trim as well.......

I`ll keep you posted on both!
    In my post I had mentioned I had applied Solution Finish to my Dakota mirrors.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    In my post I had mentioned I had applied Solution Finish to my Dakota mirrors.
    Yes, I just saw that Al. When did you apply it and how durable does it seem?

I was sort of surprised when I opened the bottle as it was jet black to begin with....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Review Bobby! Thanks for taking the time to be so comprehensive and clear. I`ve been somewhat disappointed with Solution Finish`s durability so I`m really interested in how these two face off!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waynvision View Post
    Nice Review Bobby! Thanks for taking the time to be so comprehensive and clear. I`ve been somewhat disappointed with Solution Finish`s durability so I`m really interested in how these two face off!
    My pleasure!!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Yes, I just saw that Al. When did you apply it and how durable does it seem?

I was sort of surprised when I opened the bottle as it was jet black to begin with....
    I would not rate it not significantly more durable than Ultima but I would really need to do a side by side.

It was black and messy (gloves required). It did leave a darker look but has faded somewhat.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Update - CQuartz DLux Review

I`ve washed the truck twice since applying Solution Finish and CarPro DLux. Both clean easily and bead water nicely. After drying I see no noticeable degrading in product performance...

I tried to take the photos from the same angle and magnification for comparison however I do see a bit more reflection from the passenger or Solution Finish side..

The color is still deep black and as of today I would call them even....

Day - 12
    Washes - 2

No photos were enhanced..

CarPro DLux

Solution Finish

BobbyG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information