Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner

Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner Product Review

Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse Wheel Clean promises to clean wheels with out any scrubbing or required by using an aggressive citrus based solution. Does it meet this heavy claim? Scroll to the bottom to see the answer or read on.

Bottle, Packaging, and Labeling.

Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner comes in a large 32 ounce bottle with a heavy duty trigger sprayer. The familiar (plain) black and white labeling is simple and direct. Directions (below) are easy to read. For those who want a larger size, 1 gallon is available at an exceptional value.

Directions from bottle. (Summary)

The directions are clear. First spray the wheels to be cleaned with water to remove loose soiling. Then spray Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner onto all areas that need to be cleaned, paying special attention to the lug nut recesses and undersides of the wheels. Spray all 4 wheels and then come back and rinse one wheel at a time. Finally dry with a microfiber towel, wiping any areas where stubborn residue remains.

The wheel`s on my Mazda were soiled (about 500 miles since the last cleaning, although no stubborn brake dust was present) fairly heavily.

Following the directions I started with by hosing the wheels off first. Nothing came off.

Next I saturated the wheel in Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner. The trigger sprayers had a light pull and provided plenty of coverage.

Special attention was paid to the barrels of the wheels, the underside of the spokes, and the lug recesses.

NOW here is where things get interesting (to say the least). As you can see from the previous pictures, Spray & Rinse has leaves a clingy foam that sets on the wheel. I expected to see the foam turn brown as it dissolved the break dust.

I allowed the product to set for 4 minutes to replicate spraying it on my other four tires, per the directions. After 4 minutes the foam still stuck to my tires, and still had not appeared to eat the brake dust. The wheels were still coated in brake dust and I figured "Here is another wheel cleaner that promises to be spray & rinse, but requires agitation." I grabbed my Daytona Speedmaster Wheel Brush and Montana Boar`s Hair Wheel Brush just in case...

I figured I would show how much brake dust came off by just rinsing (with out scrubbing anything)...

And the magic happened. As I rinsed the wheels I watched them become brighter before my eyes. I stopped spraying, rubbed my eyes, and thought, what happened to the brake dust?!!!!!

It was GONE! With out any agitation!

As you can see in the after pictures (the wheels are still wet) there is NO break dust left behind.

I rubbed my bare finger over the wheel to see if there was any residue film that needed by toweled off. Perfectly clean! This amazing because anybody who has used other products that claim to be spray and rinse (often strong wheel acids) know they almost always leave some residue behind in the most difficult to reach areas.

While I couldn`t see any residue I followed the directions, grabbing a All Purpose & Wheel Cleaner to dry the wheels and pick up any residue. The wheels were perfectly clean.

Conclusion:

Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner offers real spray and rinse cleaning power with out using extremely harsh acids or caustic chemicals. This is the first wheel clean cleaner I have used that truly rinsed clean.

So the question remains: Do you need any agitation? On areas that are hard to reach, such as behind the spokes, you will still need a brush to get the solution on to it. Also, while my wheels were dirty, they didn`t have any stubborn or caked on brake dust. However on soiled wheels this stuff worked like a charm.

Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner lives up to it`s name, offering great wheel cleaning performance at a great value, that requires no scrubbing.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...tml#post440538
    Last edited by Todd@RUPES; 07-20-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner

Love this stuff! Started with the 32oz and quickly bought the gallon. Showed up my buddies Sonax on some NASTY Jeep wheels. I usually agitate just for kicks but not near as much as with APC.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd...the more that you use PB line the more your going to see this guy is no joke, his products do what they are suppose to with no issue.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review there Todd, our friend who lives by me use it and love it also.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

edited for cuss words and negative comments

Post Thanks / Like

Boy Todd, you hit the nail right on the head!

Most if not all spray on hose off wheel cleaners fall far short of their claims but PoorBoy`s World spray wheel cleaner seems to rise well above the rest....

Amazing and I`ll have to try some.....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snowking724 View Post
    Love this stuff! Started with the 32oz and quickly bought the gallon. Showed up my buddies Sonax on some NASTY Jeep wheels. I usually agitate just for kicks but not near as much as with APC.
    I found that on some really stubborn spots a little agitation helps. So far I am really impressed with this product.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Todd...the more that you use PB line the more your going to see this guy is no joke, his products do what they are suppose to with no issue.
    Autopia-CarCare.com doesn`t sell any product that are a joke. I have a great job and get to play with all sorts of car care products from a huge selection.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Great review there Todd, our friend who lives by me use it and love it also.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Boy Todd, you hit the nail right on the head!

Most if not all spray on hose off wheel cleaners fall far short of their claims but PoorBoy`s World spray wheel cleaner seems to rise well above the rest....

Amazing and I`ll have to try some.....
    This is definitely a product with picking up IMO. I used in direct (97 degree) Florida sun yesterday on some dirtier wheels and it did dry a little (leaving residue behind) BUT the residue wiped off effortlessly when drying the wheels with a towel (as said on the directions).

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Todd!

Just want to add that you should not use this on hot wheels (like after driving) they should be cool.

Also try not to let the product dry onto the rim like you said it leaves a slight residue at that point.

But that being said Spray & Rinse is truly Spray on Rinse off!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd!! Have a bottle waiting for some bad, bad wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    edited for cuss words and negative comments
    WHAT? Neither was present, what`s up with this? I`d like an explanation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    WHAT? Neither was present, what`s up with this? I`d like an explanation.
    I edited your post. You had multiple cuss words and the tone of your post was derogatory. If you would like specifics shoot me a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a chance to try this out again to make sure my excellent results where not a fluke.

Here is a C6 Corvette with heavy soiling.

Poorboy`s World Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner doing it`s thing.

After rinsing (no scrubbing what-so-ever, the wheel is still wet).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I edited your post. You had multiple cuss words and the tone of your post was derogatory. If you would like specifics shoot me a PM.
    Talked this over and I can see where my tone was not very nice. For that I apologize to Todd and all here. I do not feel it was correct to dump 100% of the post when editing would have done the trick but had I been more thoughtful initially it wouldn`t have happened.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

My PB Spray & Rinse Testimonial:

Last night, one of my customers (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...go-detail.html) came back for a maintenance wash. Spent about 2 hrs on the wheels the first time. This time, pulled out PB Spray & Rinse, followed the directions and behold -

Before (looked worse than the pic - flash washed it out a bit)

After

Took 2 rounds because I missed a couple of spots the first go round. Still, I call that pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike this is with a simple spray and rinse only also? WOW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information