Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hd uno review

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hd uno review

OK guys so I told you I would and here it is, This is my first product review write up so if it sucks... I tryed.
    So the test car is a Saphire black mini cooper with heavy buffer swirls and what appears to be rattle can clear over spray covering it. The customer just bought the car from some dealer who probably let some one hack it up. I left my paint depth gage at my other shop so no mesurements on this one(sorry). To keep this as control as possible I limited my self to 4 pass`s per panel as this customer didn`t pay for perfect(more like one step but was great test car so I did for you guys!)I started on this car at 9am and it was done at 5:15pm washing took for ever, The polishing went quick as I kept to my 4 pass rule. Ok so heres how went
    Wash using dawn/citrus wash 50/50
    Crystal fall out acid wash for decon
    Full strenght IPA wipe down x3
    Wash again using pearl wash
    Clay 3m perfect it blue bar
    Wash, pearl wash
    3m tape
    Only flex DA was used through whole process
    UNO- orange uno pad
    Ipa 4/1
    UNO- green uno pad
    Ipa 4/1
    UNO- Red uno pad
    Ipa 4/1
    HD POXY

This is before I started

compound and wax in every crack and crevous on this car

Reflection before I started

Hard to see in this pic but holagrams and swirls that are hiding under glaze/wax/something

washing with 2 buckets 4 grit gaurds

after decon, IPA almost to the fun part!

Here`s what came out under halogen after washing ugh... see good test car lol

yay whole car covered

Got swirls?

OK so armed with my flex and and in this case that rotary might as well be called my deluxe pad dryer it was not used on this car at all

Ok first thing I`ve noticed about UNO is less is more my intial priming of the pad is 5 pea sized drops, if you use to much you will lose alot of cutting power from what I`ve seen.

This is after only the orange pad and 4 pass`s followed by IPA the difference is very noticable shine and clarity is better and most the swirls and scratches are gone(side note it It looked almost perfect before IPA)

here`s after polishing with green pad followed by IPA same section yet again a noticable improvement and this is going very quick(Ipa didnt seem to change it all this time.

Half the hood after Orange, Green, red IPA pretty big difference and cool part I did that in like 20 min probaly spent 8 taking pics lol

The door with reflection before

after just cutting under halogen and again it looked almost flawless till IPA revealed few swirls still sticking with 4 pass per section I was working on this is moving right along

After green pad, at this point for this car I almost would of skipped red pad for rest of car because the difference was soooo small and it would of saved me time but in the name of science i`ll keep going!

all 3 steps done one last full strenght IPA, poxy had not been apprlied yet but the sun came out so lets see what it looks like out there. buffer swirls 100% corrected regular swirls 90%(maybe 80 flakey paint for the win!)

reflection is nice

poxy applied and allowed to sit for 20 min while I un masked, did wheels windows ect...

Bling

short time for big improvement

So in conclusion, UNO is very easy to use just stick with the less is more on all steps, Also inbetween panels use compressed air to blow the pad out because UNO seems to dust if it dries in the pad so I just blow it out and apply 3 pea sized drop 2 on outer edge and one in middle after intial 5 peas. This holds true for all 3 step. Uno`s cutting power is really close to SIP with alot less product I just dont think it could one step cut down a car to be LSP ready like SIP on alot of colors. On the other hand though I used less uno 3 stepping this little mini than I would of 1 stepping a miata with SIP. So its cheap and goes the distance, Long working time also a big plus.
    Thanks for reading hope my write up didnt suck if you have any ?`s feel free to ask!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hd uno review

Great review! Huge improvement on the Mini.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice and thorough review. The MINI looks a million times better as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks Great! Can`t argue with the end results.

I do have a few questions though.

In comparison what pads in the LC line would be comparable to the Uno pads?

Proxy from the description reads like it`s simply a paint sealant with a nuba in it. Have you topped Uno with anything other than Proxy and what were the results?

Do you use it more with a DA or rotary and what is the correction amount using a rotary in comparision?

Reading between the lines do you need their pads and can another sealant be used? I have too many pads and sealants now and don`t need more if I can get away with it.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great for your first review, looks sharp after your work.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Looks Great! Can`t argue with the end results.

I do have a few questions though.

In comparison what pads in the LC line would be comparable to the Uno pads?

Proxy from the description reads like it`s simply a paint sealant with a nuba in it. Have you topped Uno with anything other than Proxy and what were the results?

Do you use it more with a DA or rotary and what is the correction amount using a rotary in comparision?

Reading between the lines do you need their pads and can another sealant be used? I have too many pads and sealants now and don`t need more if I can get away with it.
    Pads, From what I`ve tryed the only pad that seems to be effective with uno other than uno pads is wool on a rotary(cuts like 205). Using CCS pads I`ve tryed alot of them I couldn`t get the results at all rotary or DA. And I usually only use UNO with my DA, With a rotary it seems to gunk up and lose all of its magical working time. As far as poxy goes this is litterally the first time I ever used it, I almost always finish cars with wolfgang fuzion, pinnacle combo. The shine was almost = to my normal steps. I`m sure you can top uno with anything you want most the time when I use UNO only as middle polishing step with green pad and love it for its ability to remove holagrams with no oily mess behind like some other polishes. also its weird because green pad uno performs great even after IPA, Cutting orange pad it hides stuff. I dont get that or how, its just a WTF???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Jsmooth. Right now they have it on sale for 49.99, backing plate, pads,Uno, and poxy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Jsmooth. Right now they have it on sale for 49.99, backing plate, pads,Uno, and poxy.
    I think I paid like 80$ for 6 pads, 32 oz uno, and it came with poxy free

Post Thanks / Like

These are 5.5 flat pads and 16oz bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

These are 5.5 flat pads and 16oz bottles.
    What DA are using?

Post Thanks / Like

GG, wish I had a flex

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Thanks for sharing !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

GG, wish I had a flex
    I think the 5.5 pads work with any backing plate I didnt have to change mine just standard one that came with flex.

Post Thanks / Like

The kit on sale comes with the backing plate. It`s more expensive to buy it separately without the plate. Pads and 16oz Uno is 47.00.

Post Thanks / Like

The kit on sale comes with the backing plate. It`s more expensive to buy it separately without the plate. Pads and 16oz Uno is 47.00.
    lol thats a no brainer let me know how it works out for you and if you need tips i`ve been playing with uno for a while now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information