Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Chrome Wheel Cleaner.

First I would like to thank Forrest and Jim because without their generosity these reviews wouldn’t be possible and you guys would be missing out or overlooking some very good products.

As you may know I was given the opportunity to review quite a few of the Mothers products. For this review I chose to do Mothers Chrome Wheel Cleaner.

As with most Mothers they are very easy to find at almost any retailer or auto parts store which means no shipping charges or waiting on products which is a real plus.

The car chosen for the review is my mother’s 1998 Cadillac Eldorado because it has nice big chrome wheels and hadn’t been washed since the last time I did it last fall. Due to health issues it wasn’t driven all that much either but it did see some winter salt and grime.

Product information fromthe Mothers website. http://www.mothers.com/index.html

Mothers® Chrome Wheel Cleaner is specially formulated to quickly and easily clean chrome wire wheels, chrome plated wheels, chrome wire hubcaps and rough cast aluminum “Mag” wheels. Its unique spray on, hose off design safely penetrates, dissolves and suspends all types of brake dust, grease, dirt, and grime, making rinsing a snap, and turns the most neglected rough cast aluminum to like-new condition.
    #05824, 24 oz.

Directions
    1 Know what type of metal you are cleaning.
    2 Work with a cool, dry surface.
    3 Spray Chrome Wheel cleaner liberally on surface to be cleaned.
    4 Allow foaming action to work for one to two minutes.
    5 Hose off thoroughly with a strong spray of water.
    6 Dry wheels with a soft, clean microfiber or terry cloth towel.

As you can see the wheels aren’t terribly dirty but there’s a nice coating of winter salt and dirt.

Mothers brushes and cleaners assembled to bring some life back into those wheels and tires. As it ends up the brushes will end up only being used on the wells and tires.

Mothers Chrome Wheel cleaner being applied, not much foaming action. The dirt and brake dust instantly started running off as can be seen on the concrete without any agitation. No strong chemical orders noticed, actually has a somewhat of a pleasant scent more of a citrus.

The wheel was then hosed off with a strong steam of water after waiting two minutes as per the directions and looked clean. From past experiences most spray on hose off wheel cleaners leave something to be desired, and I wondered just how much dirt was really still there and would the wheel still be dirty grey if it were left to dry on its own. Well there’s only one way to find out. Using an old stained soft terry towel I dried the wheel to see how dirty the towel would get, knowing there’s got to still be dirt on the wheel. Wrong! To my surprise the wheel was clean and needed no further cleaning. The upper right corner of the towel was used and the only place I still found any dirt or brake dust was in the lip of the wheel which can be seen by the two black lines on the towel.
    Pretty incredible considering the wheel had months old dirt and salt on it and it was removed with just one spray on hose off application.

Conclusion
    Very simple product to use with excellent results following the directions listed on the bottle.
    Pros
    Economical Product
    Easily found
    Couldn’t be simpler and works as advertised.
    Cons
    None

Hope you enjoyed the review J

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Chrome Wheel Cleaner.

gotta love that easy to use, economical with good results. great review !

Post Thanks / Like

wonder how it works on bmw and volvo brake dust.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc1 View Post
    wonder how it works on bmw and volvo brake dust.....
    This is not the correct product for painted wheels. Mothers makes a wheel cleaner for painted wheels. Give me a couple of days and I`ll see if I can put togehter a review on it for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve. Yes it couldn`t be any easier to use and the results speak for themself.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nice review! ill have to get some, I usually use acid on chrom and it works well but I pain in the rear gloves masks goggles ect...

Post Thanks / Like

Jsmooth according to the normal health warinings on the bottle this does have some acid in it but it can`t be very much because you can`t smell it.

Thread Information