Post Thanks / Like

PR: Blackfire All-N-One APC and Total Eclipse Tire Shine

As my mom`s Honda Accord hadn`t been washed in about 4 weeks, I took the opportunity to wash her car and put a fresh coat of DJ Rainforest Rub on it, as well as do a quick review on the new BF All-N-One APC and Total Eclipse Tire Shine.

Description for All-N-One APC on the back of the bottle:

Use full strength on wheels, tires, engine components, and exterior trim. Dilute 4:1 with water to safely clean leather, paint, fabric, carpet, plastics, and vinyl. Removes dirt, oil, grease, insects, tar, brake dust, food stains, and more. Environmentally friendly.

Description for Total Eclipse Tire Shine per the back of the bottle:

Water-based, solvent-free formula. Contains UV inhibitors to prevent fading and cracking. Feels dry to the touch and does not sling. First coat provides a natural rubber finish. Second coat provides high gloss finish. Easy-on spray application.

For this particular review, I am only testing the APC on wheel wells, "wheels" (or in this case, wheel covers) and tires. If I am able to test its ability on other surfaces in the future, I will post them here. Just a few quick notes on both products:

All-N-One APC: Light green color. Mild herbal scent - think Meguiar`s Super Degreaser, but not quite as strong.

Total Eclipse Tire Shine: Milky white color. Scent is kinda tropical - I`m going to guess Pina Colada but I`m not 100% sure. Thicker in consistency - similar to Optimum Opti-Bond or Wolfgang tire gel. I would recommend spraying it onto an applicator versus directly onto the tire, which might be a bit messy with this particular product. I chose the applicator method today as it was rather windy, but I will be trying it directly on the tire at some point just to see how well it works.

On to the pics!

before cleaning

before cleaning

wheel wells before cleaning

wheel wells before cleaning

All-N-One APC after about 45 seconds or so of dwell time

cleaned and rinsed

Meguiar`s Super Degreaser 4:1 a few seconds after being sprayed on. All that brown stuff on the driveway is runoff from the tire and wells.

cleaned and rinsed

tire that was cleaned with All-N-One APC. You can see that the tire is completely clean and has no "browning" left over. I also rubbed my finger on the tire and got no black residue on my finger, so it is definitely clean. Same went for the tire cleaned with Super Degreaser.

tire is clean, completely dry, and undressed

immediately after spraying product onto applicator and applying to tire

after buffing off excess with microfiber towel

wheel wells after - note that they have not been dressed, only cleaned. Whether or not I dress the wells depends on my mood. Yeah, I know. I`m a hack. So kick me off the forum. (Todd ---><--- me)

Whole car after. 2001 Honda Accord LX, 36,2xx miles. Tires and wells cleaned with BF All-N-One APC, tires dressed with BF Total Eclipse Tire Shine, body washed with CG GlossWorkz shampoo, waxed with Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub (I did a cleanse with DJ Lime Prime Lite, sealed it with BF Wet Diamond, and did a coat of Rainforest Rub several weeks ago), windows cleaned with Meguiar`s Glass Cleaner Concentrate.

I really like the looks of the Total Eclipse Tire Shine. Time will tell as to whether or not it attracts dust and how durable it is. Extremely easy to use. I did not do a second coat as I prefer a natural - satin look on tires. As far as the APC goes, if you are only using it for wheels and tires, it may be a bit pricey. I`m curious to see how much the 20 oz. and gallon sizes will be. However, if you do tend to use All Purpose Cleaners for all purposes, it may be worth the price. I did notice that it did not break down the grease and brake dust nearly as quickly as Super Degreaser, but both products got the same result. Again, this review is just based on my first experience with both products and these were my general observations. YYMV. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Shane731; 01-23-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: fixed pics
    Shane

2016 Honda Civic EX-T in Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PR: Blackfire All-N-One APC and Total Eclipse Tire Shine

Pretty cool, I wish the new line would just drop already! I want some new Blackfire now!
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write up, good to see the reviews of these new products coming in. Hopefully the APC will be at a price that makes it competitive to other quality APCs that I enjoy using.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Shane. But I`m pretty sure we weren`t suppose to start posting reviews until the release date. Might want to check with Nick or Todd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Great review Shane. But I`m pretty sure we weren`t suppose to start posting reviews until the release date. Might want to check with Nick or Todd.
    Meghan and Todd said I could.
    Shane

2016 Honda Civic EX-T in Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Whooops too late I read it Looks like more good products from the line hopefully they will be price competitive.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review Shane!!! I haven`t finished it yet though! Getting back to it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Shane. Thanks for Sharing. I am interested in the pricing of the new products as I think that will be a large factor as to how well they sell.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I, personally, prefer the satin finish so the Total Eclipse is interesting.

If you have a chance, I`d love to see All-N-One work on leather.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most that price per use will be important for those who determine a product based on value.

I don`t see anything happening here that I haven`t seen other products do.

Why did BF decide to market ready to use APC (on tires)? Concentrated products are always the best value over ready to use products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    I agree with most that price per use will be important for those who determine a product based on value.

I don`t see anything happening here that I haven`t seen other products do.

Why did BF decide to market ready to use APC (on tires)? Concentrated products are always the best value over ready to use products.
    Since this line hasn`t even been released yet I don`t think any of us can say for certain that this won`t be available in a concentrate. Remember this line isn`t only for enthusiast or pros, they have to be able to market it to Harry Homeowner who probably doesn`t need or want a gallon of APC concentrate sitting around for 10 years.

As for your comment about it not doing anything new, these days the market is so full of different brands you are going to be hard pressed to find anything that is brand new. It`s not very often that products like Opti Coat come along. I think most companies can`t help but put out similar products, and just add their own spin on them.

I was lucky enough to test a bunch of the new BF products, and I personally think that it might be one of the most complete lines out there. I have not disliked anything I`ve tested. As long as the prices stay competitive, I think PBMA has a real winner here.

Post Thanks / Like

There is also something to be said about all the products working together or supporting each other. Limiting the amount of products or brands sitting on your shelf is also another consideration.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review, it looks good. We`re still waiting.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

I was only expressing my .2 based on experience.

APC won`t set for 10 years. I use a gallon a year working on 4 personal cars as a hobby. With that said, why do some have 10 years worth of wax on their shelves? Sealant? Tire dressing? You get my point.

The only reason I mentioned ready to use is because according to the label, it`s to be used undiluted on tires.

Description for All-N-One APC on the back of the bottle:

Use full strength on wheels, tires, engine components, and exterior trim. Dilute 4:1 with water to safely clean leather, paint, fabric, carpet, plastics, and vinyl. Removes dirt, oil, grease, insects, tar, brake dust, food stains, and more.

Of course I don`t object to the formulation, please order it and use it often.

Thread Information