Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro CeriGlass review

This just a short review on the CarPro CeriGlass. Ever since I bought my Volvo back in August I noticed that the rear windshield had etched in water spots. Just recently I received for Christmas some CarPro CeriGlass and a Lake Country 5.5" Glass Polishing Pad. After finding a day I could leave the garage door up while I polished away, I got to work.

The car was recently washed a week or so ago, so there was not much dirt on the glass. Some ONR diluted to QD ratio cleaned the dust right up.

Then I proceeded to clay the glass with Blackfire Poly Clay with FK425 as a lubricant. After claying no contaminants were left on the clay, but the glass did feel a bit smoother.

Now finally on to the CeriGlass review.

Here is what I had to begin with..

I put down a tape line for a 50/50 comparison and then got my Porter Cable 7424XP with a Lake Country 5.5" Glass Polishing Pad and applied some CeriGlass. I spread around the polish with the Porter Cable off to reduce splatter and sling, then turned the machine on while on speed 4 to cover my working area. After that I bumped the speed up to 6 and started working the area with moderate pressure and very slow overlapping passes. Once the polish residue started to become clear I stopped and per CarPro`s instructions I wiped the area down with water and a MF.

These were the results..

I then went on and finished the other half and came up with these results..

Here are some more 50/50 and finished shots..

I was very impressed with this product and how well it worked with a dual action polisher. Wipe off of the product was not the easiest but with the help of some QD it did come off. My pad was 90% clean when just rinsed with water and squeezed out. Some XMT pad cleaner did the rest of the work. This was a major advantage in my opinion. Made clean up a lot easier. I did not notice any heat up of the glass after polishing a section which is a plus. But a rotary polisher would achieve quicker results. I highly recommend this product for use by dual action polisher or rotary buffer.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro CeriGlass review

Thank you Ryan for the review.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Ryan.

Did you use any water to re-activate the product at all? I have read that you can use water to keep everything cool and extend the buffing cycle of CeriGlass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Nice review Ryan.

Did you use any water to re-activate the product at all? I have read that you can use water to keep everything cool and extend the buffing cycle of CeriGlass.
    Thanks Troy. I actually used ONR at quick detailer strength for when I need to keep working the product without it drying up all the way. I would think water would do the same job. Just had the ONR handy at the time. I found that with the PC 7424XP the glass did not heat up to even just a little warm. I still checked after each time I finished a section.

Post Thanks / Like

That is some pretty impressive results especially considering you used DA polisher. I`ve read some great reviews on CeriGlass and now I must try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review. I wanted to give this a try on my TA but I wanted to see some more reviews before I purchased it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    That is some pretty impressive results especially considering you used DA polisher. I`ve read some great reviews on CeriGlass and now I must try it.
    I was amazed that it worked so well with a DA polisher as well. Usually you always hear that you can only do this with a rotary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Nice review. I wanted to give this a try on my TA but I wanted to see some more reviews before I purchased it
    Go for it! You won`t be disappointed!

Post Thanks / Like

great review. heard good things about the product.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ryan,

I too found some CarPro CeriGlass under the tree and have been curious to see it`s actual performance or affect when put through it`s paces.

I really like how well it worked and the photos you posted clearly show how nicely it cleaned up the glass making it crystal clear...

I wonder how effective CarPro CeriGlass would be using a standard foam pad vs the dedicated glass pad?

Nice review.....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a product available to kind of fill in the rest of the specs in the glass? Some clients` windshields are free of water spots but look like theyve been sandblasted.

Does CeriGlass help with this or is it just for waterspots?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=rider9195;412513}

The car was recently washed a week or so ago, so there was not much dirt on the glass. Some ONR diluted to QD ratio cleaned the dust right up.

Here`s a newbie question, what do you mean by ONR and QD. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktruckowner View Post

Here`s a newbie question, what do you mean by ONR and QD. Thanks
    Optimum no rinse at quick detail strength.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this stuff any better the M105? I have used it with success to remove waterspots.

I need something that will get rid of scratches. I know true glass polish and be a real bugger and it fairly difficult to get it right with a fair amount of risk involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    Is this stuff any better the M105? I have used it with success to remove waterspots.

I need something that will get rid of scratches. I know true glass polish and be a real bugger and it fairly difficult to get it right with a fair amount of risk involved.
    In theory CeriGlass should out perform M105 because of the abrasives used in it. CeriGlass uses cerium oxide, which is super duper hard and super duper aggressive. Cerium oxide can be used to correct wiper scratches and marks out of glass (although IME this requires a rotary polisher and a fair amount of pressure).

That said if you are having luck removing water spots with M105 you don`t need to switch. M105 will be less aggressive, but it is good to start with the least aggressive product first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information