Post Thanks / Like

Muc-Off`s new Performance Wheel Cleaner Impresses

Muc-Off showed off a host of new car care products at SEMA this year and some of them are already making their way to our shelves. The first of which is an all-new wheel cleaner. Muc-Off`s new Performance Wheel Cleaner fills the void in the Muc-Off line for a wheel cleaner more suitable for delicate finishes.

Muc-Off Performance Wheel Cleaner was specifically formulated to safely break down accumulated brake dust and road grime without compromising the wheels` clear coat finish. It`s a fast-working cleaner but is still delicate enough for plastic wheels (think hubcaps). Performance Wheel Cleaner is made of natural and renewable sources and is fully biodegradable.

I never get tired of testing the latest and greatest product from each manufacturer and Muc-Off`s new Performance Wheel Cleaner was no exception. The wheels on my daily driver had not been cleaned in nearly a month so I deemed this the perfect opportunity to put Performance Wheel Cleaner to the test.

Before using any car care product that`s new to you, take a minute and familiarize yourself with the instructions.

Muc-Off recommends that you give the wheel a good thorough rinsing before using Performance Wheel Cleaner. They also note that the wheel should be cool to the touch. The last tidbit of information pertains to all wheel cleaners.

Muc-Off Performance Wheel Cleaner features a widely adjustable sprayer that also produces a thick foam that allows the cleaner to cling to the surface.

Muc-Off recommends letting the cleaner well for up to 30 seconds for maximum performance. While the wheel cleaner was dwelling on the wheel I cleaned the tires using Optimum Power Clean. I use Optimum Power Clean for everything from cleaning tires to cleaning leather because when diluted properly, it`s a safe, effective cleaner for virtually any surface.

To provide the necessary agitation to ensure a squeaky clean tire I used a Cobra Flex Foam Tire Scrubber Pad. These are great for cleaning smaller tires such as the ones on my Accord. They feature a cut-out groove on both sides to provide a sure grip and the pad is 5 inches long by 2 inches wide so it`s easy to hold.

By the time I had finished cleaning the tire the wheel cleaner was ready to be agitated. To provide the necessary agitation I used an assortment of brushes including an 8 inch Montana Boar`s Hair Wheel Brush along with a 1-inch Round Natural Detail Brush. These two brushes feature natural boar`s hair bristles with feathered tips to ensure safe agitation for any wheel finish.

After cleaning the wheel I gave it a good rinsing. Always rinse your wheels thoroughly to ensure no cleaner is left dwelling in any unwanted spots.

Squeaky clean!

Muc-Off Performance Wheel Cleaner safely cleans clear coated and plastic wheels with minimal agitation required. It doesn`t feature any harsh chemicals that are harmful to you or the environment and what I like most is the lack of a chemical smell.

Muc-Off Performance Wheel Cleaner is a viable alternative to other wheel cleaners with its friendly price of $11.99 for 1 Liter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Muc-Off`s new Performance Wheel Cleaner Impresses

Looks good

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Muc-Off`s new Performance Wheel Cleaner Impresses

Great review Stig! I love the boar`s hair wheel brushes as well!

Thread Information