Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Opti-Seal - The 10 Minute Sealant

Optimum Opti-Seal is a sealant that sprays on and requires no buffing. You read that correct, it wasn`t a typo on my end. No buffing, no wiping off, zip, zero, nadda. Spray it on, use a poly-foam applicator to spread it around, and walk away. What more you could possibly ask for in an lsp? How about a crystal clear barrier of cross linked polymers that provide months of protection? How about a surface so slick that nothing sticks to it? All of that, plus more, accurately describes Optimum`s Opti-Seal.

Opti-Seal is available in one size, and one size only. You don`t need to search the Autopia store looking for a gallon size refill, because only 1oz of product is required to protect 4 to 5 vehicles. A single 8oz bottle of Opti-Seal is enough product to protect up to 40 vehicles.

Opti-Seal is designed to be used with a poly-foam applicator. Upon first use, prime the applicator with one spray of Opti-Seal. This ensures even distribution of the product will be applied over the paint`s surface.

Take everything you know about applying products thin, and cut it in half. Opti-Seal goes on thinner than any other liquid or spray sealant I`ve ever used. Remember, 1oz of product is enough to protect 4 to 5 cars.

For most vehicles, a fender will only require one spray of Opti-Seal for complete coverage. Spray the product directly onto the panel and lightly move the applicator side to side, and then up and down to ensure even coverage. If you used too much product, you may see streaking. An easy fix for this is to lightly buff the area with a microfiber towel.

Side to side

Up and down

Opti-Seal can also be used on glass and wheels.

It shouldn`t take more than 10 or 15 minutes to completely seal an average size car. It`s that easy.

Opti-Seal provides a mirror-like finish on all colors.

Beading.

Optimum Opti-Seal is for those who like to work smart, not hard. Give your vehicle the best protection with Optimum Opti-Seal.

Optimum Opti-Seal

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds awesome but how long does it last?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Opti-Seal - The 10 Minute Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Sounds awesome but how long does it last?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    In Florida`s tough climate I have seen it go 2-3 months with out too much effort (and frankly I have never seen it fall off, its just after 2-3 months its so easy to reapply that I just went back over the paint.)

Nice review Stig.
    Thanks quarian thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried it side by side against ultima paint guard plus? I definately have, I`m just interested in hearing other peoples opinions/ facts.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used some of this on my civic and noticed more of a reflective shine with it. Great product, it`s hard to believe how little of this it takes to shine up the paint
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never tried OS, simply because I was happy with the Ultima Paint guard plus. Please let me know the difference if you have tried both.

Post Thanks / Like

so if i already put opti coat 2.0 on my car, should i do the opti seal as a refresher?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve never tried it but now I think I`ll try it on my truck. I have a sample of Ultima paint guard plus I could do a side by side with too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I have never tried OS, simply because I was happy with the Ultima Paint guard plus. Please let me know the difference if you have tried both.
    I think they have very similar looks, but the UPGP has a much slicker finish because of the Polycharger polymer. Also, UPGP seems to last a tad longer.

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    so if i already put opti coat 2.0 on my car, should i do the opti seal as a refresher?
    You can if you like, but it will not bond properly. OC was designed to be the end all be all. Apply it once and you dont need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I`ve never tried it but now I think I`ll try it on my truck. I have a sample of Ultima paint guard plus I could do a side by side with too
    You should do a review. I think everyone here knows how I feel about the Ultima products. It would be nice to hear your thoughts on a test.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used OS as a stand alone on my car. So easy to use... Almost impossible to not top it up every wash!!! It has also replaced any dedicated wheel sealants for me as it last just as long if not longer and is easier to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

You can if you like, but it will not bond properly. OC was designed to be the end all be all. Apply it once and you dont need anything else.
    Garry....with that in mind, have you ever tried to top it with a wax; say Fusion, Pinnacle, etc.?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    Has anyone tried it side by side against ultima paint guard plus? I definately have, I`m just interested in hearing other peoples opinions/ facts.
    Gary,

I performed this very test on my wife`s Toyota Camry and the Optimum Opti-Seal went on much easier than Ultima Paint Guard Plus. The durability of Optimum Opti-Seal was equal to Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

Optimum Opti-Seal is a quality product that applies so easily that an entire vehicle can be covered in 15 to 20 minutes.

Durability or longevity is about two solid months, however adding a quick coat of Optimum Spray Car Wax after a wash will increase the life of the sealant...

BobbyG
    Thanks quarian thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Even if it only lasted a day, with its ease of use and mirror-like shine, you can`t go wrong with Opti-Seal.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a MF applicator to apply and have found it goes on much more evenly for me than with a foam applicator. No buffing at all required when I use a MF applicator. With the foam I always seem to have a high spot or two that I have to hit lightly with a towel. This stuff is super easy to apply and attracts far less dust than a wax.

I love the looks on my black metallic paint, I don`t know if it`s ever looked better.

My ONR washes seem to compliment the Opti Seal and it makes the car look like it just had a fresh coat of sealant every time I wash.

This is some good stuff.....
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    I spoke to Dr. G about this at length when I used Opti Coat (Now Opti Guard) early last year. He said you could put Opti Seal on the paint and it would work, but not be as effective as it Opti Seal would on bare paint. He did recommend applying Optimum Car Wax on occasion and this is what I have done every couple of months on the Mrs.`s Sonata. Also I have heard and seen first hand experience of people who have used carnauba toppers `just because` and have found them to make a difference look wise after Opti Coat has cured. I think it is more of an icing on cake effect though.

Quote Originally Posted by PFix View Post
    I use a MF applicator to apply and have found it goes on much more evenly for me than with a foam applicator. No buffing at all required when I use a MF applicator. With the foam I always seem to have a high spot or two that I have to hit lightly with a towel. This stuff is super easy to apply and attracts far less dust than a wax.

I love the looks on my black metallic paint, I don`t know if it`s ever looked better.

My ONR washes seem to compliment the Opti Seal and it makes the car look like it just had a fresh coat of sealant every time I wash.

This is some good stuff.....
    I agree. I usually apply Opti-Seal with a microfiber towel (a trick learned from Brian Brice) and have never noticed a negative effect on durability and the application is much easier/streak free. The MF applicator seems like a great option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information