Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Blackfire Interior Protectant

Ever since PBMG acquired Blackfire, I can`t get enough of this product line. I must have at least one of every single Blackfire product sitting on the shelf at home. Blackfire stands out in an industry packed with manufacturers claiming that their product is the best. Blackfire doesn`t make such a claim, because they don`t have to. Blackfire simply states; "Don`t just turn heads, create WHIPLASH." That`s all I needed to hear and I jumped on the Blackfire bandwagon without hesitation.

As much as I would enjoy talking about every Blackfire product, today I`m going to focus on Blackfire Interior Protectant. Blackfire Interior Protectant features the latest in polymer technology to protect all interior surfaces including leather. While most other products contain harsh petroleum solvents to moisturize leather, Blackfire Interior Protectant takes a different approach. Blackfire Interior Protectant features a 100% water-based formula that is pH balanced. When used on leather, it provides a micro-fine moisture barrier that remains on the surface to resist perspiration stains and help retard UV-induced fading. What`s more is that it can safely be used on polished and satin metals, wood trim, and various other types of plastic and vinyl surfaces. What more could you ask for in an interior protectant?

As much as I would love to test this product on a Jaguar XJR that features hand polished wood trim, real aluminum trim, and luxurious leather in the interior, I`m stuck with the Honda....for now. So I`ll do what I can, and be more than happy to share my thoughts on how the product performs in a vehicle that features what most cars have - plastic and vinyl!

Surfaces were thoroughly cleaned first using Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel. I could write about this product all day, but I`ll try to focus on the Blackfire Interior Protectant.

Look how dull and boring the plastic looks before applying Blackfire Interior Protectant.

After a thorough cleaning with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, I applied Blackfire Interior Protectant with a microfiber applicator. I much prefer this method instead of spraying it directly on the panel. This ensures even coverage and no over-spray.

Blackfire Interior Protectant provides a low-gloss, rich satin finish that dries to the touch.

It also performed flawlessly on various types of plastic and vinyl interior surfaces. Blackfire Interior Protectant has been applied to the left side of the door panel, while the right side has nothing on it.

Blackfire Interior Protectant being applied to the left side of the steering wheel. If you prefer even less of a sheen, you can lightly buff the area with a clean, dry microfiber towel.

Not that I expected anything less, but once again another product in the Blackfire line that exceeds expectations.

Blackfire Interior Protectant

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Blackfire Interior Protectant

Glad you have discovered this one also from the Blackfire line. Hope this helps out many folks looking into getting in the Blackfire line of products.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the look of UIGP on my own vehicle, but this looks like a great choice for customer cars! A little bit of sheen, without looking greasy. Thanks for taking the time to do the review! Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. BFIP is super easy to use and lasts a long time on interior trim.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks very nice. Does quite a bit of darkening which can be very beneficial to cars that don`t always get the attention they need. Like Dave said, I also rather UIGP on my personal vehicles but this may be a great choice for clients that like to see a noticeable difference without going over the top with gloss. Very nice review with some great 50/50 shots!

I`m curious who this mystery man(AutopiaCS) is. Or shall we just call you "The Phantom Reviewer"/?!?!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I`m curious who this mystery man(AutopiaCS) is. Or shall we just call you "The Phantom Reviewer"/?!?!!
    If I revealed my true identity, PBMG would take away my corporate jet.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job, ****. The Blackfire made the interior of your Honda look great. Nice and dark, but not too glossy looking. I hate glossy interior plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by AutopiaTech View Post
    If I revealed my true identity, PBMG would take away my corporate jet.

Corporate jet already? You sure are moving up the ladder fast! Keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m surprised it took him this long to find out about the amazing products offered by Blackfire.

You`ve been missing out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
    Nice job, ****.

Corporate jet already? You sure are moving up the ladder fast! Keep up the good work.
    I think if I put in my time and work hard, good things will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    I`m surprised it took him this long to find out about the amazing products offered by Blackfire.

You`ve been missing out!
    More Blackfire reviews to come so stay tuned!

Thread Information