Post Thanks / Like

Post Combo Product Review: Prima Amigo & Banana Gloss

Combo Product Review: Prima Amigo & Banana Gloss

Prima Amigo

Manufacturers Description: From A.C.C.
    What exactly is Prima Amigo? It really defies definition and product categorization. As the car companies like to say, it`s a segment buster. Amigo is a paintwork cleanser...It is a polymer-based glaze...It is a super-fine polish which levels up to 3000 grit imperfections. Combine all three properties and you can see why we think it doesn`t fall into any currently defined categories of car care product.

Mild cleaners in Amigo break up oxidation and remove dead paint. Embedded grime is gently lifted from the surface. Mineral deposits from water spots disappear. It is the perfect prep-step for well-cared-for paint that just needs a cleaning before wax. As a polymer-based glaze, it fills slight imperfections, adds stunning gloss while leaving the finish slick to the touch. The unique thing about Amigo is the polymer. Although it doesn’t provide protection the way Prima Epic will, it does allow you to go directly to your wax step without any bonding or durability issues. Try that with a normal glaze and your protection will simply rinse off. Prima Amigo allows you to fill imperfections, add gloss then seal it in with your synthetic wax. No other product on the market gives you what Prima Amigo gives you.

Product Information:
    1. Manufacturer: Prima Car Care
    2. Made in: U.S.A.
    3. Packaging: Classy Blue Flip Top Bottle
    4. Color: Medium Grey
    5. Scent: Cherry/Vanilla
    6. Consistency: Thicker
    7. Price: $17.99 – 16oz

Banana Gloss

Manufacturers Description: From A.C.C.
    Banana Gloss is a premium liquid wax with a deep glossy shine. If you want easy, waxing with BG couldn`t be any easier. It works on hot paint, cold paint, in the sun or in the shade. It won`t stain trim or leave white residue. It dries almost instantly, so waxing becomes a quick and easy project. If that wasn`t enough, BG will actually fill and conceal some pretty heavy paint swirls. Banana Gloss has a complex resin that levels the paint while providing protection and durability. There is a touch of carnauba for added depth. There is quite a bit going on here. You get easy application, paint cleaners, no white residue, trim safe, concealing and of course, protection. All that is left is durability. You should see a good 45-60 days on a daily driver, but with a wax this easy, you may not find out.

Product Information:
    1. Manufacturer: Prima Car Care
    2. Made in: U.S.A.
    3. Packaging: Classy Blue Flip Top Bottle
    4. Color: Cream Colored Yellow
    5. Scent: Chemical with Slight Banana Overtones
    6. Consistency: Very Thin / Watery
    7. Price: $18.99 – 16oz

Application:
    - I began by priming the face of a Black LC Flat Pad with Amigo; much like you would with M105 to use the KBM method.
    - I used my PCxp for the application.
    - I then began to apply it to half the hood and work it in.
    - I went over each area using approx 4 section passes or until it was worked in and clear.
    - I applied the Amigo to the entire vehicle before coming back and buffing it off.
    - I then used a Red LC Flat Pad & PCxp to apply the Banana Gloss.
    - Because it is so watery once the pad was primed I could easily do a few panels at a time.
    - After every couple panels it took very little to be able to continue on.
    - After letting the BG haze over for about a half hour I came back to buff it off.

Finished Pictures:

I didn’t take any before or during pics. So unfortunately all I have are afters. I am working on getting a solid dark colored vehicle to do some 50/50 testing.

Hood

Body Lines

Passenger Side ¾

Passenger Side

Rear Quarter

Rear ¾

Driver Rear ¾

Beading Pictures:

I rained here 2 days after I finished. I had to stop for gas and thought I would take a few shots with my phone.

Notes & Observations:

Amigo

- Amigo is very easy to apply and work into the paint.
    - After it hazed the residue was very easy to remove. It required almost not pressure at all. It felt like I was simply gliding the towel over the paint.
    - Amigo left a very nice deep wet look.
    - It seemed to mute the flake in my paint slightly.
    - There was some swirl hiding I noticed but I think a solid color black vehicle would be a better test for this.
    - I like that fact that it is acrylic based and as such will work well with sealants and waxes.
    - This very well may be my new favorite glaze. I have / have used PB Black Hole, CG EZ Cream, CG Wet Mirror Finish.
    - Would I buy this after I finish the bottle: The answer at this point is yes… I have used it a few times now and IMO it is product almost every detailer should try and keep in his arsenal.

Banana Gloss

- Because BG is so thin it is easy to apply via PC or by hand. I prefer by machine though because of the ease of application.
    - BG works great in combination with Amigo creating a great one / two punch.
    - The swirl hiding ability of BG on its own is good.
    - The finish that BG leaves is slightly darkened and wet finish, while slightly muting flakes.
    - IMO the overall finish is nice but slightly oily. It seems to attack more dust than other LSP’s.
    - For me BG only last 3-4 weeks. I think this is due to the rain and dirt on the roads I drive on weekly.
    - Would I buy this after I finish the bottle: No. It does leave a nice finish but IME it doesn’t last very long and attract to much dust.

Thanks for reading. Any feedback and additional info is welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Combo Product Review: Prima Amigo & Banana Gloss

Nice write up!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on both the car and the write up.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Troy. I love Amigo and it`s one of my favs next to CG EZ Creame.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I have not had much luck with filling glazes for some reason. I seem to find carnuabas fill pretty nicely without much help.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

That car looks awesome! Good job
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I have been using the Prima Line for a while now and love it.
    I find that Amigo topped right away will not mute the flake and when left for 12-24 hrs will take on the look of Epic ( which is extremly glossy).
    I find that nothing I ever tried brings out the flake in my finish as Banana Gloss. I love BG especially topped with Hydro.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments guys.

Pat - I have an like EZ Cream as well. IMO the 2 are very close to each other with Amigo being able to some minor correction.

Al - BG has quite a bit of fillers in it. It is one of the better filling waxes I have used.

Dogma - BG on its own has a very nice look. IME PB LNB really makes the flake POP on my car. It also has some filling ability as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, Troy. That`s some real tight beading action.

I liked PB LNB; the only problem I had with it was it lasted days for me. Looks great, but the durability just wasn`t there in the slightest.
    They call me Dollar Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Pat - I have an like EZ Cream as well. IMO the 2 are very close to each other with Amigo being able to some minor correction.

Al - BG has quite a bit of fillers in it. It is one of the better filling waxes I have used.

Dogma - BG on its own has a very nice look. IME PB LNB really makes the flake POP on my car. It also has some filling ability as well.
    Good info I have been wanting to try LNB , looks like I need to place an order.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Troy. You put together a nice write up everytime.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Troy will you be reviewing the new Prima products?
    They call me Dollar Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillRids View Post
    Troy will you be reviewing the new Prima products?
    It may be a possibility. As of now I don`t have any plans to buy them but they do sound interesting. I have like prima stuff I have used so far. I just got done applying CQuartz to the wife`s car and am currently build the write up for that. But maybe I`ll get a little to try out. You never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    It may be a possibility. As of now I don`t have any plans to buy them but they do sound interesting. I have like prima stuff I have used so far. I just got done applying CQuartz to the wife`s car and am currently build the write up for that. But maybe I`ll get a little to try out. You never know.
    Looking forward to that, Troy
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

I used Prima Amigo followed by two layers of Prima Epic on the wife`s black car and it`s super slick with a deep, deep gloss. I`d call it a smooth as glass, mirror finish.

I did something different as suggested by a Prima dealer.

After the Epic hazed for 30 minutes, I spritzed the panel with Hydro and spit shined with two PBW towels. One to remove and one for a final wipe.

Thread Information