Thread: Opt-Seal Review

Post Thanks / Like

Opt-Seal Review

Optimum Opti-Seal Review

Introduction:
    First off I would like to thank Chris and Dr G. for sending me this sample. I was lucky enough to be one of the winners in their Optimum giveaways. I have spent some time gathering information on this and other spray sealants as there has been some good buzz surrounding them lately. I have always wondered if or how a spray could match the more standard liquid sealants.

Manufacturers Description:
    Optimum Opti-Seal is a revolutionary paint protection formula that creates unmatched slickness and gloss with just a few drops per vehicle. One ounce completely seals and protects 4-5 cars! This product leaves no residue and requires no buffing. Enjoy months of durable polymer protection with just drops of Opti-Seal.

Initial Product Observations After Opening The Box:
    - Clear Liquid. Looks like and acts like water.
    - Opti-Seal has a solvent smell. Not quite as bad a Colli 845 in my opinion.
    - The packaging is very simple with a Black / White / Gray label. Not fancy but effective.
    - I think that the supplied yellow foam applicator is a little large for some of the tight corners or small panels on my car but I can see how it would be nice for larger panel

Test A:

Application:
    1. First a soft microfiber was used to try and buff off as much of the finger prints.
    2. Then I used a Microfiber applicator to apply Klasse AIO to create a clean and smooth surface.
    3. The KAIO was then buffed off and the phone was left to cure.
    4. After approx. 30 min I applied 1 half squirt of Opti-Seal to the supplied foam applicator, and then applied to the face of the phone.
    5. The phone was left to cure over night.

Notes & Observations:
    o The application of Opti-Seal was an absolute breeze. It went on very smooth and quick with no streaking.
    o Opti-Seal left a nice highly reflective finish that was very smooth.
    o For comparison sake I like to test some of my LSP’s on my phone. I have tested Menz Power Lock, Klasse SG, CG WMF, CG EZ Cream Glaze, Klasse AIO, PB LNB, Prima BG. What better way to test the longevity of a product than on my phone that I touch and handle everyday.
    o For reference the longest lasting LSP so far has been Klasse SG at approx 3 weeks, followed by Menz Power lock at just over 2 weeks.
    o After the first week the Opti-Seal was still going strong. The gloss and slickness were almost as good as day 1.
    o At the end of week 2 the gloss was still ok but the original slickness was gone.
    o In my opinion the Opti-Seal was essentially gone after about 2 weeks and 3 days.
    o This makes Opti-Seal my second longest lasting sealant in my Phone test.

Photos:
    Phone Before

Phone After

If you look close you can see the texture of the ceiling in the reflection off the phone.

Test B:

Application:
    1. Car was washed using 2BM with a CG CWG wash mixture to remove protection.
    2. Car was dried with a leaf blower and then followed up with a Guzzler WW.
    3. 1 squirt of Opti-Seal was applied to a foam applicator, and then applied to the driver’s front fender.
    4. It took 2 squirts to cover the half of the hood. The other half is currently wearing Colli 845.
    5. The Opti-Seal was left to Cure overnight before my morning drive to work.

Notes & Observations:
    o The application of Opti-Seal was fairly straight forward and easy.
    o When applying it to the Front Fender it went on very smooth and quick with no streaking.
    o When I went to apply it to the ½ of the hood I was worried I was going to use to much based on needing 2 squirts of Opti-seal.
    o The Opti-Seal spread out nice and smooth with no streaking that I could see. Under garage lighting.
    o I did com back the next morning a did a very lite buff on the Opti-Seal’d panels to see if I could find any streaking or extra product residue. Nothing!!!
    o I am planning on doing a full cleanup and spring detail as soon as the weather clears up and would like to do a proper 50/50 with some Power Lock.

Photos:
    Car Before

Reflection

Beading

Final Thoughts:
    The application of Opti-Seal is very easy and straight forward. The gloss that it produces is nice as well. I can see how it would be possible to do an entire car in 15 minutes or under. If the durability is on par with Menz Power Lock this could easily be my new go to sealant. I especially like the fact that Opti-Seal can be applied over top of a Carnauba.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Troy, thanks so much for a wonderful review. I didn`t expect a twofer, good job! I have OptiCoat on my phone...great minds think alike.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opt-Seal Review

Great review, Troy. This actually reminds me how I was thinking about layering my phone with something like opti-seal or even using opti-coat!
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Thread Information