Details
    Post Thanks / Like

Sprayway Glass Cleaner: My new favorite!

After trying many different glass cleaners, I was destined to find a high quality one that is locally available at a reasonable price. I had tried many of the products people recommended to me such as Stoners IG, RainX, etc. Hesitant to try a product I have heard good reviews about called Sprayway, I went to my local Home Depot and purchased a can. Needless to say, it is now my new favorite "go-to" glass cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by From Sprayway`s Website: spraywayinc.com
    • The most versatile glass cleaner available - cleans glass, windows, mirrors, windshields; enamel surfaces, chrome, tile, porcelain and other hard surfaces.
    • Dissolves dirt, grease, grit, and grime.
    • Heavy-duty foam clings to vertical surfaces.
    • Guaranteed to leave no film.
    • Contains perfume-grade alcohol for best performance.
    For those of you who have never seen Sprayway, here it was their glass cleaner looks like:

BEFORE USE:
    As I stated earlier, I was at first hesitant to try this product. I had never heard of it or even seen it before for that matter. After reading various reviews from people who have tried it, I decided that I would indeed try it for myself.

I went to the Lowe`s Home Improvement store down the street only to find that they don`t carry it. Home Depot, on the other hand, does carry it, so after finding it up in the very top left corner of the "cleaner" section, I grabbed a bottle and placed it in my shopping cart. For some reason, my first impression of the Sprayway can gave me a feeling that it wasn`t going to meet all of the hype that I had read. The can just seemed a little boring (if that`s what you want to call it) and bland.

It was dark out by the time I arrived home, so I figured I`d wait until tomorrow since I would be cleaning my girlfriend`s car anyway. Oh, how I just love waiting to try out a new product!

AFTER USE:
    The first time that I used this glass cleaner was the day after I bought it when I detailed my girlfriend`s Mitsubishi Eclipse. Excited to try it out, I decided to use it on the wet windows just to see how it performed. Outdoing my expectations, Sprayway was more than I expected.

As it says in the product description, this glass cleaner does have a thick, heavy-duty foam. Its qualities allow it to cling to the windows as it should, which was a big plus over other products. The foam stayed where I sprayed it without dripping or running at all whatsoever. The thickness of the foam at first made me wonder how much I would have to wipe and rewipe to get it off. To my suprise, it all came off with one pass, leaving the windows spotless. Of course using microfiber cloths, this cleaner was a breeze to apply and remove. The power of this product also amazed me at how clean the windows were and the lack of dirt, smudges, etc. that were left behind - none!

After using this product, I will be sure to always have it on hand. I`m sure I will be stocking up on it and grabbing a can or two everytime I visit Home Depot. Sprayway left my girlfriend`s windows and windshields absolutely spotless and did not streak at all, which many other products would have done if applied to "just-washed, soaking wet" glass.

In my opinion, if you`re looking for a great performing, cheap, and locally available glass cleaner, Sprayway is the way to go. At $2.38 per 19 oz. can, it is practically a steal! Many Detail City members also claim that Sprayway is available in 4 packs for under $7.00 at such stores as Sam`s Club, yet I cannot confirm that myself. If you haven`t already, I`d suggest giving this stuff a try.

Questions & Answers:

1. Packaging & Labeling. Is it well packaged? Are the labels durable?

• The labels are part of the can unlike regular spray bottles where the labels can peel off, so yes, the labels are very durable. Being a single can, there isn`t really an answer to the "packaging" part.

2. Helpful instructions on label?

• Although glass cleaners are pretty much self explanatory, yes, this particular glass cleaner does have clear, easy to comprehend, and helpful instructions on the can.

3. Does product do what the manufacturer claims it does?

• In my opinion, this product does more than what the manufacture claims. It left the windows spotless and streak-free.

4. Value. Is the product a good buy? If a liquid product, how much per ounce? Does a little go a long way?

• At $2.38 per can, this product was a great buy! It is very inexpensive and can also be purchased in 4 and 6-packs for an even greater savings. Each can is 19 oz., and depending how much you use, a little does go a long way.

5. Easy to use? Hard to use? Did you read the directions and use as directed?

• Very easy to use as with any "point-and-spray" product. The only downside was that if held too far away, the foam tends to cover a broad area.

6. If known, what is the pH of the product? Is it safe for enthusiasts or should it be for professional use only?

• This product is ammonia free and safe for anyone looking to clean any glass surfaces. Maybe not young children, but you know what I mean!

7. Describe the product smell, viscosity and other physical traits if any.

• Although Sprayway does have a kind of strong smell, it contains perfume-based alcohol so it is in no way a bad smell. I don`t mind it and actually think it`s kind of pleasant (for a cleaner). Vaguely reminded me of Windex, but not as harsh. To conclude, I do not think this product contains an unpleasant smell whatsoever, and after cleaning the windows inside and out, I didn`t smell this product when I drove the vehicle to move it out of the driveway.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sprayway Glass Cleaner: My new favorite!

I agree I`ve been using SW for sometime now. IMO its much better than Stoners IG
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

You would be surprised how many products they make and are relabeled for other companies. Car Brite glass cleaner and their aerosol dressings are Sprayway. Same with Auto Magic and Superior.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used it for a number of years now. I like that it`s available at the grocery store as well as Wal-Mart and the price is right too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this product safe for tinted windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is

Post Thanks / Like

^ +1

I`ve used the stuff for 20+ years!
    It`s the best there is!

I like mine to shine!!! theamcguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Sprayway is an excellent glass cleaner. One of my favorites. If you like Sprayway you may find Surf City Glass Cleaner is a little better, but it does run as it is a liquid. There were some specially formulated glass cleaners designed specifically to remove new car film but they have been discontinued. They were excellent too. Anyone found a glass cleaner designed to remove the "New Car Film" from the inside of the windows?
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don`t Do It At All!

Hi-Def Mobile Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I agree I`ve been using SW for sometime now. IMO its much better than Stoners IG
    I`m right there with you. I`ve tried multiple times to like stoners, but i see the terrible aftermath on my repeat customers. Lately i`ve actually been spraying straight water on a clean applicator pad, working the entire window. Then i take a clean,dry MF to wipe streaks. Works awesome-- But for real nasty windows, SPRAYAWAY is the ticket..

Thread Information