Post Thanks / Like

It pays to read before use

I had several bottles sitting beside me while detailing my Corvette their was a bottle of Megs #34 that I was using to make removing the polish easy and then after putting on my LSP I started doing the vinyl trim with Meg #40.
    I set the bottle down and then picked up a bottle that was sitting their and put it on the trim and I though boy I never saw 40 work like that it acts like it has silicone in it.
    All Meg mirror glaze bottles look alike but when I looked at the bottle it was #34 so it pays to read because quick detailer don`t work very well for a trim dressing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It pays to read before use

It happens...I have done the same thing only opposite, I thought I had picked up my QD but instead grabbed my natural look dressing and started spraying that on the paint. I was wondering why the color was changing and getting dark, and eventually not coming off as easy and smearing. That`s when I looked at what I was holding...
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Acrylic Paint Conditioner Gus-Gus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i *TRY* to only work with one product at a time when im cleaning my car.. usually put everything back into a milk crate or whatever i found that day to corral all of my products.. But sometimes its hard.. i know i picked up my sprayer of NL and was spraying that on a tire instead of BNB before lol
    "One day you will have to stop being a Muppet...So take the hand out of yer butt and walk for yourself."

Claying does not mean "High end". It means quality/caring. So would actually learning a trade instead of "Hey I can wash and wax a car, so I`ma gonna be a detailer."

Post Thanks / Like

I feel better now that I know that I`m not the only one that has done this.
    The mirror glaze bottles all look alike you must look at the number.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the main reason I have certain bottles and sprayers for every product I use. Very rare that I use the mfgers container any more, especially something like Megs they can all look the same
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    One of the main reason I have certain bottles and sprayers for every product I use. Very rare that I use the mfgers container any more, especially something like Megs they can all look the same
    I tend to do the same...I need to start labeling mine so I can remember what is in them, not just by spraying into the air and smelling them...which on occasion my wife catches me doing and she asks are you sniffing that stuff???
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    I feel better now that I know that I`m not the only one that has done this.
    The mirror glaze bottles all look alike you must look at the number.
    Random spray bottles with different products and dilutions are another insideous trap waiting to bite you. If you keep... let`s say, a bottle of Shout prewash in a spray bottle that looks just like your ONR/QD, it`s a good idea not to hang them next to each other. Don`t ask...

TL

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gus-Gus View Post
    i *TRY* to only work with one product at a time when im cleaning my car.. usually put everything back into a milk crate or whatever i found that day to corral all of my products.. But sometimes its hard.. i know i picked up my sprayer of NL and was spraying that on a tire instead of BNB before lol
    Actually, before I ever purchased BnB, I used NL on tires. Worked just fine and they sure smelled nice.

Since I pour off many of my products into "generic" sprayers, I have to look before spraying. Mrs. Clean is responsible for insituting this procedure, because I would have household cleaners mixed and she couldn`t tell which was which. So now she handles all of my labeling. I love the Meguiar`s silk screened bottles and willingly pay the small premium for the professional look. However, once I run out of Citri-Gel and Final Detail I`ll have to re-label.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post
    Random spray bottles with different products and dilutions are another insideous trap waiting to bite you. If you keep... let`s say, a bottle of Shout prewash in a spray bottle that looks just like your ONR/QD, it`s a good idea not to hang them next to each other. Don`t ask...

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Actually, before I ever purchased BnB, I used NL on tires. Worked just fine and they sure smelled nice.
    I can almost picture you hanging out the windows trying to smell the nice shiny tires as you drive down the road lol
    "One day you will have to stop being a Muppet...So take the hand out of yer butt and walk for yourself."

Claying does not mean "High end". It means quality/caring. So would actually learning a trade instead of "Hey I can wash and wax a car, so I`ma gonna be a detailer."

Post Thanks / Like

I can almost picture you hanging out the windows trying to smell the nice shiny tires as you drive down the road lol
    Unless you can produce that photo I`m officially denying it ever happened or that I was even there.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Unless you can produce that photo I`m officially denying it ever happened or that I was even there.
    give me a week and i will produce...

Post Thanks / Like

give me a week and i will produce...
    Curses...foiled again. Could it be that technology does me in?
    --Will Rogers

Thread Information