Post Thanks / Like

Dp poli coat paint sealant

got my AG order thursday. 80 and sunny in PA today. soooooo, time to try the new DP SEALANT. in a word: outstanding!

paint is silver on my fj cruiser and in great condition. applied with a adams foam applicator by hand. this has got to be one of the most effortless products to apply by hand i have ever used! partly sunny out. product hazed as described, and removed with a MF towel. came off just as easy. no smears or streaks. left behind a stunning finish! (you know how hard silver is to get a shine out of) really popped the silver. not plastic or fake looking. kept away from the plastics, alltho i dont think it would stain them? this is my first use of a "sealant". DP hit a home run with this one.

btw..the cleaning ability of the product is stellar.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dp poli coat paint sealant

Glad you like the stuff. I got some too and am looking forward to trying it out. I`ve been told that it has no cleaning ability and that it just has some special ingredients that allows it to bond to the paint better. How much cleaning ability did you experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us updated.

Termigator - please give us a little insight when you get a chance to try this out.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

next step is to see how durable it is. i will be maintaining it with DP FINAL GLOSS BOOSTER. another product i have heard good things about.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOYOTA FJ View Post
    next step is to see how durable it is. i will be maintaining it with DP FINAL GLOSS BOOSTER. another product i have heard good things about.
    Leave a panel untouched with the booster to see how long the sealant will hang on as a stand alone.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    Leave a panel untouched with the booster to see how long the sealant will hang on as a stand alone.
    good idea...
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

A few months ago while still at Autogeek I had a part in testing DP Poli Coat back when it was still known around the office as "mystery sealant".

We taped off 4 sections on the hood of my 2008 Honda Civic that has silver metallic paint and I compared DP to three other top rated/popular sealants to see if there were any noticeable differences in initial appearance, slickness and also in long term beading.

Since the test was just for my personal knowledge and was not a controlled scientific test, I`m not going to report my comparison findings at the present time. However, over Detail Fest weekend a bird found my car and dropped a bomb right on the section that had DP. It was warm and sunny out and I just knew for sure that there was going to be a stain. I started to wash my hood and the bird dropping came right off with just the initial rinsing and after close inspection I noticed that the paint was spared damage. Honda`s are known for soft paint so I was greatly relieved and impressed with the protection that DP Poli Coat provided.

I will continue to do side by side testing but my initial results are all positive with Poli Coat being the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

first wash this morning after using the DP POLI SHIELD. usuall routine with the foam master gun and dp extreem soap. wow! after rinising the beading was just insane. did not lose any of its shine or slickness. i know this as only been a very short term test, but i am sold on this great product so far.

followed up with DP final gloss booster.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

this stuff still rocks! on vacation this week. so put another coat on this morning. guess it was about 3 months ago i put my first coat on. well, in between the vehicle retained its shine and always beaded. lasted longer than any other product i have used. good stuff!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Thread Information