Post Thanks / Like

Testing DuraGloss no rinse & shine with aqua wax

I got a bottle of this on Monday but did not try it till yesterday when car was sufficiently dirty.
    Since it came in a clear bottle I did not take a picture but this is what it said.

Duragloss no Rinse wash & Shine with aquawax
    No rinse wash & Shine concentrate is a quick and easy way to wash any vehicle the polymers bond to the vehicle surface to leave a slick & Glossy finish.
    1 add 1-2 oz. Per gallon of water in a bucket.
    2 apply using a microfiber or cotton mitt to one section at a time.
    3 Dry each section with a high quality microfiber or cotton towel.
    4 If surface dries before wiping, reapply as above.
    To make a quick detailer add 3 oz. Of concentrate to 16 oz. Of water.
    Spray or wipe on one section at a time and remove using a microfiber or cotton towel.

The color is a light purple and it has an unusual smell that is not what I would call good or bad just something like I have never smelt before.

I used a measuring flask and poured 4 oz. into 2.5 gallon of water and in another bucket I mixed Detailers Pride at the recommended ratio.

My plan was to wash the back half with DP and the front half with the beta version DG.
    After one panel I added 1 gallon of water to the DG because it was insane slick and a little bit harder to remove than all my previous washes with DP.

After adding the additional water it wiped off much better I would say the same as the DP but it still was notably much slicker.

Since this is a beta version I don`t know if this will be the final product but this is by far the slickest stuff I have ever used.
    After wiping a side by side comparison reveals the DG leaves the surface slightly smother, ( that may be the aquawax ) but it is slick.

Both product cleaned well could not tell much difference their.
    After I was done I stood back and looked at the explorer from different angles and it was hard for me to see any difference.

I had my wife look at it and all she knew was I had used 2 products 1 on the front and another on the back but no idea what they were or which was on what end.
    My wash bucket was on a dolly and she rolled it in front of each door and after much looking from different angles and changing the way the lights was aimed at the car she said that the front door was a little darker and she liked it better but the refection of the bucket was a little clearer in the back door.
    I had not noticed it but after she stated her opinion I looked at it some more and moved the bucket and I think I can agree but boy we are talking about something that is really hard to see.

Overall she like the front better and the front was also smother because the front was the Duragloss.

I have no accurate way of testing but since it is fortified with aquawax I think it may protect the paint between washes better especially if you already had aquawax on the surface to start with their would be no compatibility issues.

Bill said after he hears from the beta testers he may juggle the formula so this may not be the version that goes into production for the retail market but if it is I will be one of the first in line to buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Testing DuraGloss no rinse & shine with aqua wax

Sounds pretty good! How long do you think it will take to be available to the masses?

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount used per gallon of water may hurt the acceptance of the DG.
    1 or 2 oz. per gallon is a lot more than the 1 oz. per 2 gallons suggested by ONR and DP. QEW is 1 oz. per gallon.
    Depending on the cost, some people may object.
    It seemed to be a big issue with the original DP 4 in1 and they ended up revising the formula so it was used at the same ratio as ONR.
    Also, some may not be interested in a wax being included although the general public might.
    Bringing a product to market has to be a real challenge.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

The aquawax may take a while to "cure" so look at it a few hours later and see if there is a pronounced difference.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    The amount used per gallon of water may hurt the acceptance of the DG.
    1 or 2 oz. per gallon is a lot more than the 1 oz. per 2 gallons suggested by ONR and DP. QEW is 1 oz. per gallon.
    Depending on the cost, some people may object.
    It seemed to be a big issue with the original DP 4 in1 and they ended up revising the formula so it was used at the same ratio as ONR.
    Also, some may not be interested in a wax being included although the general public might.
    Bringing a product to market has to be a real challenge.
    I May experiment some with the mixing ratio if you look at what I posted I already cut it from what was the recommended ratio.

Their is a very noticeable difference in-lubricity the DG could be cut way back and still perform well.

I focus more on performance than price.
    When I did the test I used the recommended ratio for both products but then cut the DG.
    When I use DP I normally mix it much stronger than recommended because at the recommended ratio it does not have the lubricity that I want.
    I prefer using more product as opposed to marring the surface.

How far you can cut it will depend on how dirty the car is.
    Sometimes we need to use are own judgment because the manufacture don`t know how dirty your car is so the recommended ratio must be safe.

I do agree that price will be a factor and I have no idea what it will sell for when it is brought to market.

Due to your comment and the fact that I cut it because it was insane slick I will recommend to Bill that he experiment`s with a diluted ratio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    The aquawax may take a while to "cure" so look at it a few hours later and see if there is a pronounced difference.
    I washed it yesterday afternoon and just now went to the garage and checked it and I think it does look better.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

While performance or quality over rides price for me, it doesn`t for a lot of people. Just look at all the junk Wal-Mart sells.

When the consumers were complaining about the price difference between using ONR and the DP 4 in 1, the actual cost difference per wash was less then 30 cents.

Given how satisfied I have been with any DG product I have used, I have no doubt that they will either bring a quality product to market or forget the whole idea.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    While performance or quality over rides price for me, it doesn`t for a lot of people. Just look at all the junk Wal-Mart sells.

When the consumers were complaining about the price difference between using ONR and the DP 4 in 1, the actual cost difference per wash was less then 30 cents.

Given how satisfied I have been with any DG product I have used, I have no doubt that they will either bring a quality product to market or forget the whole idea.
    I have no idea what the price will be but I`m sure that Bill is aware of the price of competing products and will try to be in-line with the others.
    He will have to or it will not sell.
    I just came in from cleaning the wheels and tires on the explorer and I have to go for therapy Monday morning and they are predicting snow.
    I just saw on the weather channel that SW Michigan will get 14 inches of snow today and that is only a little over 100 miles North of me.

My wife said it was dumb for me to clean the car knowing it will be dirty by the time I make the 14 miles to town.

I told her it was CharlesW that made me do it his OCD is contagious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    I washed yesterday afternoon and just now when to the garage and checked it and I think it does look better.
    Sounds like it`s got a significant amount of selant in it then.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Sounds like it`s got a significant amount of selant in it then.
    No doubt it has enough to last longer than the time for another wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    My wife said it was dumb for me to clean the car knowing it will be dirty by the time I make the 14 miles to town.
    Just another opportunity to wash it again.

TL

Thread Information