Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Another benefit of rinseless washing

Today was bright and sunny and 88 degrees.
    Not really conducive to a driveway wash, but......
    A rinseless wash in the garage worked quite well.
    Yeah, it was warm, but it was shady.
    Did both the van and the GP with DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss and applied Duragloss Aqua Wax during the drying process. An hour each including vacuuming the interior, scrubbing the carpeted floor mats, treating the vinyl and leather with 303 and doing the windows.

Still can`t get the time down to the magic 5 minute mark. Takes me at least 10 minutes for the tires, wheels, and wheel wells.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another benefit of rinseless washing

88 degrees? I think it hit that washing the cars at 7:30 this morning.

It may have hit 103 degrees today. The temperature gauge on my smoker read 140 degrees sitting in the sun. Right now, it`s reading about 250 with three racks of baby backs in there.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    88 degrees? I think it hit that washing the cars at 7:30 this morning.

It may have hit 103 degrees today. The temperature gauge on my smoker read 140 degrees sitting in the sun. Right now, it`s reading about 250 with three racks of baby backs in there.
    That`s why I called it warm rather than hot.

The heat doesn`t bother me all that much, but my driveway is such that I have to either wash vehicles at 6:00 AM or after 7:00 PM when doing a conventional wash to avoid the sun drying everything too fast.
    That is one reason most of my washing is now either rinseless or waterless. I can do it at my convenience.

Charles

Official Wax Waster atkinsonair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Charles i bought some waterless wash from homedepot, I read the directions on it but i just could not get the hang of it. Maybe its a cheap product they carry also(detailmagic)or its just a learning curve. It could be 30 years of using water has got me use to one way.But i want to figue it out for cold weather washes or if there is no need for conventional wash if car is not that dirty,then im all about saving water since i have to pay for it.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a def plus to rinseless washing, garage with a nice fan

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonair View Post
    Charles i bought some waterless wash from homedepot, I read the directions on it but i just could not get the hang of it. Maybe its a cheap product they carry also(detailmagic)or its just a learning curve. It could be 30 years of using water has got me use to one way.But i want to figue it out for cold weather washes or if there is no need for conventional wash if car is not that dirty,then im all about saving water since i have to pay for it.
    I think the Detail Magic product is a wash & wax product similar to Dri Wash & Guard and several other brands.
    My preferred waterless wash is Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe, but that doesn`t mean other`s won`t work although I have tried several of the DW&G type of products and was less than impressed with them.

I do think that any waterless wash requires some use to develop a technique that works for you.

PB`s S&W is a spray on, wipe off product and rubbing is not only not needed, it is not a good thing to do.
    The wash & wax products seem to suggest rubbing it into the finish before wiping it off. Kind of like wax.

Experiment on some painted panel that you aren`t too concerned about until you feel comfortable with the product. An old beater, your lawn mower, your air conditioner, your neighbor`s car.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I sure like the convenience to be able to wash no matter what. If I use a traditional wash, it has to be early morning or late evening otherwise the water will dry too quickly.

I think one question is when does a rinseless product become a waterless wash when sprayed on. I have pre-treated spots (like the front end section to help soften bugs) with a sprayer.

Products like ONR and DP RW&G can be quick detailers (more concentrated than the regular wash dilution) for "light" cleaning but then you have PB Spray and Wipe as waterless wash for cleaning as well.

I do like the fact that PB S&W does not add any gloss unlike ONR/DP so I use it at times such as when I am experimenting with a detailer or other product.

Al
    The Need to Bead

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I sure like the convenience to be able to wash no matter what. If I use a traditional wash, it has to be early morning or late evening otherwise the water will dry too quickly.

I think one question is when does a rinseless product become a waterless wash when sprayed on. I have pre-treated spots (like the front end section to help soften bugs) with a sprayer.

Products like ONR and DP RW&G can be quick detailers (more concentrated than the regular wash dilution) for "light" cleaning but then you have PB Spray and Wipe as waterless wash for cleaning as well.

I do like the fact that PB S&W does not add any gloss unlike ONR/DP so I use it at times such as when I am experimenting with a detailer or other product.
    Having used rinseless washes as quick detailers and even trying them as a waterless wash, IMO, they are best used as rinseless washes.
    I even mixed up a concoction that was suggested to me that had ONR and quick detailer in it that was supposed to serve as a waterless wash. I didn`t think it did nearly as good as Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe.
    So far, S&W has been the best waterless wash I have used. I have tried several, but certainly not all of them. That`s not to say the others were bad, but I definitely prefer S&W.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

PB`S S&W is a great product, you guys just reminded me, I have to order more! it cleans very well! and I don`t know if it`s just me, but it seems to add some slickness

Post Thanks / Like

There is also a waterless car wash from Bayes Cleaners that has been endorsed by Ed Begley Jr. as a Green Living product. On his television show Living with Ed.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyZoom View Post
    There is also a waterless car wash from Bayes Cleaners that has been endorsed by Ed Begley Jr. as a Green Living product. On his television show Living with Ed.
    I`ve never tried it, but have heard on some boards that it isn`t quite miraculous. I think they said you can get it at Sam`s Club or Costco, if you didn`t want to order online.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried many instant detailers and always end up back to Poorboys Spray and Wipe.
    I use it when drying a vehicle and any kind of wipe down when washing is not an option.
    This stuff is probably the most used product on my shelf. I see it`s on sale and I need a
    gallon for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

It is also my experience that if you use ONR or DP`s product you can no longer judging beading for an LSP. These products leave behind a film that promotes beading and a crisp shine that seems to last for some time.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Another benefit of rinseless washing

Quote Originally Posted by 23jam View Post
    I agree that a added benefit is the ability to wash in your garage. It makes life a lot easier.

Am I missing something? Or do you all not have a drain in your garage floor? My drain trough is 10` long across the garage floor.

Do some areas not require a garage floor drain?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire View Post
    Am I missing something? Or do you all not have a drain in your garage floor? My drain trough is 10` long across the garage floor.

Do some areas not require a garage floor drain?
    Nope. We are the ones missing something. A garage floor drain.
    I don`t see your location in your profile so I`m going to guess you live in a warm climate.
    Unless the garage is attached to the house, very few will have drains or heat in the northern climate.
    Even those with heat rarely have a floor drain.
    A traditional bucket and hose wash would be very unhandy during warm weather and almost impossible when the temperature is below freezing.

Charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information