Post Thanks / Like

Product Review - New Meguaires Ultimate Quick Wax ***DUW***

Being the resident detail fanatic (one of them at least) and a Meguaires fan it was only natural that I would pick up this product and have a go. As far as I can tell it is not a repackage, and I believe it is a new product. It is in the same sense of the NXT spray wax, a booster wax that`s used after washes to put a little layer on the paint. I wasn`t a huge fan of the NXT booster wax so I was a bit apprehensive about this. The product does claim to be able to be applied to a hot, sunny surface so I was intrigued by this.

The bottle is a nice ergonomic design and a standard spray/pump top mechanism. The spray encompass a pretty wide area and provides a nice even spray. It`s a little hard to do spots like the A-pillar molding, but just spray on the towel and you`re fine.

The liquid itself is a clear solution that has a nice fragrance to it. I cannot get it precisely but it`s a fruity, lemony smell. I suspect some people will hate it, but it wasn`t strong and only smelled when it was still in liquid form. As soon as it dried and was wiped off it went away.

Having just washed/dried the car I let the car sit for a few minutes. The surface was clean, but not cool. I began to apply in the direct sunlight and was pleasantly surprised it worked. You could spray and even let sit for a few seconds before it started to dry. It didn`t flash dry which gave you some time to move it around. The wax used does not leave any residue on black plastic molding and I noticed nothing. It looked a tad wet when I wiped some on there but then it dried and it was gone. The product goes on easy and wipes off with a one-two pass. It has a decent amount of fillers so hiding star-bursting and swirls was a nice touch.

Meguaires claims it will give you a deep gloss look, but I didn`t experience that. I did however notice that it really made the contrast of the paint stand out. Where it was in direct sunlight it was a very bright blue, and a quarter inch over where it was not in direct sunlight it was a deep blue. The "depth" isn`t there but it made the paint really pop. The metal flake in my Bright Atlantic Blue seemed to just explode out and really makes it look like it`s a custom color.

In the end this product is one of the best I`ve seen in a long time. I feel it should be an essential weapon in someone`s arsenal as it`s very easy to apply, remove and does not leave residue. The end results will make you marvel at your paint. If you have a metallic I highly recommend this product. If you are one of those people who waxes every so often I recommend this as it makes the car look freshly waxed and makes it look like you spent a few hours detailing the car. I think it`s also perfect for any kind of event or car show. The only thing I cannot comment on is the lasting affects. I will update this thread as I see fit as to how the wax lasts.

On to the pictures, the results speak for themselves. It is important to note the last time I washed the car was when I last waxed it about 3 weeks ago. I did no claybar and just washed with Meguaires Deep Crystal Wash. The wax was NXT 2.0. Most of the shine is from this spray wax.

Always wash/wax your door jams and trunk jams.

The following pictures are what I believe should be enough proof to at least try this product.

This is my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review - New Meguaires Ultimate Quick Wax ***DUW***

im not a big megs fan but that looks good ...
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

looks sweet! the look in that last photo reminds me of last touch.

Weekend Warrior RyansAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i have heard nothing but good things about this, next time im in the states im gonna buy a bunch cuz we still have the old old burgundy quick wax ..

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed away from Megs for years because of all the over hyped boutique stuff out there , I have recently revisited their products after the changes were made to the professional line and have been very happy , I have used the UQW myself and it seems to work quite well.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a true wax or sealant like DG aquawax?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh, I`d imagine it`s a sealant.

It`s been a week and it`s been rubbed off it seems. I did however experience rain daily for the entire week so for a quick spray after a wash this stuff is great. I`d like to bet that 2 weeks is do able in fair weather and since it`s so easy to apply multiple coats can be applied and re-applied after a weekly wash. Here`s the stuff after a week and another coat.

Acrylic Paint Conditioner Gus-Gus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i see a lil wax on yer passenger side rear reflector!

It looks really good.. maybe i can start telling the "wax impaired" people who live around me to pick this stuff up if they are too scared to do any upkeep what so ever on their cars after i get them looking good again

Thread Information