Post Thanks / Like

Toyota prius, advice

OK so im just getting back into this I recently ordered a pc Wolfgang kit

this is my daily driver I drive 128 miles to work! and it sits outside.Color black but I keep it clean and so forth, and have few questions on what I`ve read here so far. that Toyota has soft cc? my car has swirls, spider webs some scratches & rock chips, (95 % highway driving) hell it looks like I filmed most of the dukes of hazard episodes from my bumper cam, haha well not really. but it does have some. so getting this kit, i would start with swirl remover 3.0 on orange pad or go to white because of soft CC? or what would You do.. no I`m not going to set it on fire..also has anyone ever tried the 3M Protective Film Clear Bra? lol and for the record I`m a gearhead stuck in a electric mobile but the 52 mpg is nice till we move closer. thanks for any help you may offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toyota prius, advice

Quote Originally Posted by Goudttocs View Post
    OK so im just getting back into this I recently ordered a pc Wolfgang kit

this is my daily driver I drive 128 miles to work! and it sits outside.Color black but I keep it clean and so forth, and have few questions on what I`ve read here so far. that Toyota has soft cc? my car has swirls, spider webs some scratches & rock chips, (95 % highway driving) hell it looks like I filmed most of the dukes of hazard episodes from my bumper cam, haha well not really. but it does have some. so getting this kit, i would start with swirl remover 3.0 on orange pad or go to white because of soft CC? or what would You do.. no I`m not going to set it on fire..also has anyone ever tried the 3M Protective Film Clear Bra? lol and for the record I`m a gearhead stuck in a electric mobile but the 52 mpg is nice till we move closer. thanks for any help you may offer.
    Hello and welcome to DC! Glad to have you here.

I haven`t worked on a Prius, so I can`t comment on the CC hardness. A good rule of thumb that will work well for you is to always try the least aggressive method first. The object is to save as much CC as you can. If you start with a white pad and it doesn`t remove all of your defects, you can always move up to a more aggressive pad and/or polish until you achieve the desired results.

I have the clear bra on the front of my car. What would you like to know about it?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for welcome and grats on your recent Mod title..

so when starting the process, would i start on most damaged area (front/hood) of car or most average shape of paint (side)

about the bra, did u install your self? if so was it difficult? I have some experience with window tinting not much but looks similar as far as workability. and would you recommend it?

thanks again.
    ...Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goudttocs View Post
    thanks for welcome and grats on your recent Mod title...
    Thanks!

so when starting the process, would i start on most damaged area (front/hood) of car or most average shape of paint (side)
    There is no right or wrong order. It all needs to be corrected. Certain areas will be worse than others and you will have to adjust accordingly. I think most people start on the hood. They seem to be easier to get a feel for the machine with, because they are pretty flat and horizontal, so you don`t have to control the machine as much as you would on a side panel.

about the bra, did u install your self? if so was it difficult? I have some experience with window tinting not much but looks similar as far as workability. and would you recommend it?

thanks again
    No, I had a pro do it. We are lucky enough to have a guy in our area that is VERY good. Check out my Lambo thread in the Detailing Showcase. It has one. I wanted it to be as unnoticeable as possible, and I know that it takes some skill to achieve that. I`m smart enough to know when I should just pay someone to do something! If you are familiar with window tinting, then you have an idea, but unless the front of your car is pretty flat, it will be a different ball game. Windows will have some slight bends in them, but the fronts of cars have a lot of sharp turns to make and that`s when the heating and stretching and shrinking come into play. I`ve seen guys on the boards say that they have done it themselves and they are happy with the results, so you may want to check into it. The one thing that is certain though....if you have any defects (chips, etc.) in the paint, I don`t think that a bra is a good idea, because they will stand out like sore thumbs.

Thread Information