Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ultima paint guard review

i`ve never done a review before on any site so i`ll try and the best i can.
    as some might or might not know, i had my vett polished out and upg protected by our very own troy of detailcity, great guy, soft spoken, and a true gentleman.
    upg is just so freakin easy to use and you use so little of it that you wonder if there`s any product going on your car. he just spritzed a mf sponge twice, and i mean a fine spritz, and did the first panel, then one sptritz for each susequent panel. you can`t even feel the product on the sponge.
    the results were stunning. but it don`t end there, like many other sealants, the next day, after it`s cured, that`s were the amazing comes in, it looks even more stunning, very clear and sharp reflectivity. if you like that look i wholeheartedly recommend you try this product. of course prep is always the most important thing in any result and troy did an outstandind job in that department
    i also had the opportunity to meet the two, hands on owners of the fourstar co. that makes this product line, wonderful people with a genuine passion for what they do, it`s not all about the money, these gut care about the customer, they have a lot of pride in their products.
    i was fortunate enough to have rick, one of the owners, clean and seal my tires with their tire and trim guard. this product seals the rubber, drys dry to the touch, absolutely will not sling, it can`t, and you can layer it to your desired shine level, two coats was my limit, and it stays on thru rain and repeated washings because it does`nt lay on top of the rubber it seals it and i guess it bonds with the rubber as sealant bonds with the paint. oh i almost forgot the best part was when rick was sealin g my tire as i was watching him he started putting it on my chrome rim, i said what are you doing?, he said i`m sealing your chrome, with this same product, which by the way can withstand 1500 degree temperature i`m told. the tire and the chrome came out beautiful. i could`nt be happier.
    the amount of product you use is almost not negligable. and because you don`t have to put it on after every rainfall or wash you you save your time and the product lasts forever.
    well that`s my review, sorry if it was to long but i felt i could give back something to the people on this site who have helped me since i`ve been here, thank you all for that. it`s like you know this secret and you want everybody to know about it because it`s that good, thanks again for reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ultima paint guard review

Excellent review. I have been waiting for one to give me an excuse to buy the UPG. I had especially wanted to see and hear first hand its quaility and ease of use. Mainly because it has a decent price tag so I wanted to be ensured that its worth it. And judging by what you say and your reactions it seems like it is.

Looking at the UPG add it makes it appear that it has alot of filling properties, not that your vette needed it but did you notice this at all...just curious...again nice review
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

hi stephan, thanks for the kind words, as for this product that was used on my car i hope we`re talking about the ultimA line of products and not the ultimATE line of products. the ultima line is a step above the ultimate line but both good products. the stuff used on my car was ultima paint guard protection. i can`t speak for the ultimate product not having used it. the upgp has no fillers in it at all, it`s a clear liquid with the consistency of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Bluecpe...I was talking about the Ultimate Paint Guard Plus...

In their animation ad, it says each coating of paint guard plus fills imperfections and creates a tough barrier.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

i did`nt see their animation but i can tell you that if your paint isn`t 100% it will show up defects, not hide them, thus the proper prep.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ron. Sorry I couldn`t make it down. The car looks great!

I`m curious, when you say Ultima, do you mean Dave B`s (Autopia) Ultima line? I just looked at the 4 Star on Troy`s site and only see the Ultimate line. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

blk45 - I`m not sure of the whole story but a few months ago Autopia aquired PremiumAutoCare (which was DC.com before) along with the 4 Star Line I believe. So doing that I believe that the Autopia people then used the 4 Star facilities to make the Ultima line. I could be wrong but that`s what I`ve been piecing together here and there.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks budman!

Post Thanks / Like

hey blk45, i`m sorry you could`nt make it too it was quite the experience.
    the ultimate line is different in that the ultima line of products is a step above the ultimate line, so i was told by one of the owners himself, it had me confused for awhile.
    that aside i think the car came out great, troy and the owners of the facility there are just top notch people they definitly care about the people, you and i, they`re doing this work for. i would`nt hesitate one minute recommending them.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ron, it sounds like you got the royal treatment plus.
    Guess that the bonus for being the first

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

absolutly jay, as previously posted it was a great experience.

Post Thanks / Like

good review. i have been using several products from the ultima line up and like the sealant and the interior sealant alot. easy to use and durable. beads like crazy.
    1991 NSX Blk/Blk
    2005 Civic Si
    2003 Xterra SC < Sold!
    2006 NBP EXP Honda Element AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Is Ultima Paint Guard similar to Ultimate Paint protection Spray?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs02 View Post
    Is Ultima Paint Guard similar to Ultimate Paint protection Spray?
    Nope. It`s probably closer to Oprimum Opti-Seal or Zaino Clear Seal.
    Troy is going to have to explain the 4 Star, Ultima, Ultimate connection for everyone.
    Depending on your point of view, it is either very simple or very confusing.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    Nope. It`s probably closer to Oprimum Opti-Seal or Zaino Clear Seal.
    Troy is going to have to explain the 4 Star, Ultima, Ultimate connection for everyone.
    Depending on your point of view, it is either very simple or very confusing.
    I`ll stay confused for a while it`s easier that way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information