Post Thanks / Like

Zymol Vintage review- lots of pics

Product: Zymol Vintage
    Price: $1900

Size: 22oz per jar, with free refills
    Price per oz: hard to determine because its refillable
    Container: It’s a large container. It’s clear plastic block shaped with facet edges, almost like a large square diamond. It has a flip top that is easily opened and closed. My only problem is the container is larger than it needs to be adding to the shipping cost.
    Application directions: There are no directions on the vintage, it is assumed you have used zymol products before, or have talked to the staff at zymol. I checked the website.
    (Welcome to Zymol Worldwide)
    How I used: I started by washing my car with top of the line bubble bath. I then dried. I followed this by a polish with menzerna nano polish and a meg’s polishing pad.
    Once this was all wiped away it was time to wax. I placed a small amount (about half the size of a dime) in the palm of my hands, I rubbed my hands tighter to melt the wax.
    I ten started on the hood and wiped the wax onto the paint, making sure to get even coverage. I waxed the whole car (with the help of a friend). After we had waxed the whole car we started to wipe off the wax.
    We started by doing a quick buff, we got most of the wax off however there was still some oil and wax left on the paint. We did not try to get this off. Once the whole car was done we went back and did a final buff. This was to get everything else off the paint. This final buff made the paint glow.
    Application info: Application is hard at the begging, waxing with vintage is a little different then concours because of the texture of the wax.
    Removal: Removal was a little bit though, it was no different then other waxes that are applied by hand. The thinner you apply the wax the easier is to get off.
    Texture: It was the texture of a hard wax. Very similar to sovergen, maybe a little softer. It had small granules but not as many as I thought, the wax was smoother then I had expected.
    Once the wax was melted in the palms it was smooth as butter, no granules, just smooth wax.
    Smell: I could not put my finger on this. The smell was not very strong, but as you waxed you got a slight whiff of it. It was very pleasant. It was almost like a sweet sugar cookie kind of smell. Perhaps someone will be able to tune in and help me out.
    Look: The wax was an off white wax. Nothing special
    Durability: Cannot comment, has not been on my paint long enough to know. However I have heard 6 months.
    Looks: the paint was stunning; it darkened it slightly like most waxes do but nothing major. I was however impressed with how clear the wax was. Lots of waxes slightly distort the paint, almost enhancing the orange peel. With vintage it was clear, it did not have this effect. I was very pleased with this. The car had a carnauba glow, almost like an aura was around the car. It was fantastic. I am not very good at writing what I am thinking, so I cannot find the words to describe how amazing the paint looked.
    Final thoughts: I am in love. I was very impressed with this wax. It took the paint to the next level. I have been very impressed with concours, this took it even higher.
    Although there is a large investment and vintage is not for everyone I am very happy I bought it. I was everything I wanted and more. It’s hard to explain but I think the best way to put it is I do not regret spending 2,000 on a wax, and would do it again.
    This wax is not for everyone, so it may not be right for you. It is for me.
    Comments or questions, good or bad would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for reading

[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/Calgarydetail/first%20time%20using%20vintage/firsttimewithvintage031.jpg

06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol Vintage review- lots of pics

06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great!! Can you put it on the glass?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jtford95 View Post
    That looks great!! Can you put it on the glass?
    thanks for the compliments
    yeah i assume yo could put it on glass. I have used other waxes on the glass with no issue. I have not tried vintage yet. I may hae to do that though.

I dont put wax on the windsheild I have found it causes chattering. I perfer a good coat of rain-x
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used rain-x alot, but I find aquapel works better.To me it last longer. Can`t believe you got snow already. You waxed the old car just in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jtford95 View Post
    I`ve used rain-x alot, but I find aquapel works better.To me it last longer. Can`t believe you got snow already. You waxed the old car just in time.
    I have not used aquapel but would like to.I have a feeling it will be in the next round of orders. With the cold weather I wont be ordering til the new year.

As for the snow. This is snowfall number 3 or 4 this year. it has normaly melted the next day but it looks like its going to stay for a while. we have actually had great weather this year. Its really late in the season for this weather so im not complaing
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Mike with the purchase , do try the vintage on your red Jag and the one you won at the auction!!! Share some pics with us
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Chee View Post
    Congrats Mike with the purchase , do try the vintage on your red Jag and the one you won at the auction!!! Share some pics with us

thanks, and the jag is in storage, it dosent see rain or snow so its gone for its nap. the t-bird just got finished, it needed some break work. so its actilly at rm restorations in chatham right now. Next week its going fo its nap at a friends garage there. it wont be shipped out west tilll spring, so untill then no pics sorry.. but once they come out its party time
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, now will you only use this on your own cars, or will you use it on customers cars you detail and then charge appropraitely for the type of wax?

I see you have snow already...ugh...winter here we come.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

The Altima really looks good! Are you going to put another coat on to see if it will make the paint look even better?

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review! If you like it and think it`s worth it then it is! Congrats on your purchase and results.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations !!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats! wow we never have to tell you to post up pics lol

Thread Information