Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Victoria super soap review

Today the weather finally let me wash my car, after a few days of rain it was a much need processes. I decided to crack the bottle of Victoria soap and give it a shot. I also promised a review so here it is.

Review subject: Victoria Wax Super Soap

Color: It is a goldish yellow color, very nice looks almost royal. I really liked it

Price: The bottle was $11.25 can for 8oz or $1.40 an oz. It is very expensive for a soap.

Texture: This soap has a very smooth silky texture to it. It seamed very slick before I poured it into the bucket. It reminded me of a mix between California gold and Megs gold class soap. I again liked it, nothing amazing but nice

Smell: I’m not quite sure what the smell is, but it was very fruity it was probably the best smelling soap I have used thus far. I honestly think it was an amazing smell. Although I don’t normally care about the smell I think this one had to have mention. Its not a reason to make of break the review but I cant stress how much I liked it.

Directions on bottle: The directions were a little bit hazy, they said to use until you see bubbles, but I wasn’t sure what they meant. Things like how thick the lather should be and how many bubbles to I want. To solve this problem I asked my local supplier and he wasn’t much help. He said he just squirts some into a bucket and normally adds a little more to become satisfied

Use: I measured out 2 oz of soap and placed it on a wash mitt that was placed in the bucket. I chose 2oz because this is a boutique soap and I know from experience that most boutique soaps uses 2oz for a 5 gallon bucket. I then added water using my fire hose nozzle on the hose. The suds were amazing they filled more then ¾ of the bucket and this is in an area with hard water. I was very impressed. I personally thought it worked better then SSS or Adams (2 boutique I have tried)

Richness of suds: These suds seamed very very slick, they felt nice and smooth between the hands. Much like the feel of baby powder when it slides between your fingers. (no there was no solid to the soap). I could tell that these suds were going to do a nice job.

Use on car: When I got a nice full mitt of suds I started to wash my car (top down with 2 buckets) I could feel the mitt sliding over my paint. It was almost like there was a gap between the paint and the mitt, it was very nice to use.

Over all thoughts: I feel this was the best so I have used. It is very expensive for a soap IMO. However I defiantly think it was worth it. It is a must try for anyone serious about slick suds. I cannot guarantee that you will be happy with the products however I sure was. I will defiantly use it again on personally vehicles regardless of cost. I also know I will end but buying a 32oz bottle to save some money. This ranks as my number one soap right now.

Thank you for reading. I would appreciate any comments or questions. I hope I include everything and if I get any suggestions of additions or I remember something I will make sure to post and add-on post. Thank you

-Michael
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victoria super soap review

Michael,
    Can you compare the soap with other shampoos you have tried.
    Thanks for the review..

Post Thanks / Like

hey sorry it took so long to get back to you joe. As to comparing it other soaps the only one that i think would come close would be SSS. It has a similar suddising ability howeveri personly found the super soap to be more slick. I have used both and think there both good soaps however super soap just has that extra slickness that i want on the jag.
    Comparing it to TOL BB which i know alot of people use. There is no real comparison. I loved tol, it was my fav. soap up to this point, it is slick, cheap and works really well. But like i said in the review super soap was worth spending the extra money especilyy since i found out you can buy shop sizes (32oz).

The other point i really like is i can pick it up localy. I know that dosent help most of the people on here however its a seller for me. I think people should give it a try. David over at vw is a good guy. My final recomendation is that its a definite must try.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting... I didn`t even know there was such a thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Calgary in every little nuance. It is one of the best soaps ever.
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I too agree it is one of the best soaps I have ever used and I`ve used quite a few.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

Yup defintly a good soap. Its bad it dosent come in gallon sizes. i guees next time im at 2clean ill have to pick up 32 oz shop size
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the read Calgary!! Still taking you up on the Cleanse and Soap with my VCW.

Post Thanks / Like

good to hear. Nice to see you have come to DC! Welcome. I hope the review helped.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Thought it`d be nice to have an account set up here also

The review did help a lot and put the product back to being even with the two other products I`m still thinking on. Since I`ve got a few days before I should make the order, I`m still deciding on TS, Souveran, or VCW. I had thought I was dead set on VCW until reading some of the other users thoughts on the product here and now wonder what to try. I still have a feeling deep down I`ll be trying VCW more for being a "purist" in waxes and experiencing a boutique-level LSP process.

Post Thanks / Like

i wish i could comment on the others. I have a jar of soverien comming in the mail so i will hopefully get a chance to write a review. I love to experiment i have so many products that have only been used once not because i dont love them but becasue i am trying somthing new. I would suggest getting both lol. . Just buy all three and then write us up some reviews
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, if only my wallet could say yes to that . I couldn`t even explain the amount of money I`ve shelled out in the past two months after becoming an addict...

If you can Calgary, please post a few pics of both waxes side by side. I have yet to see any pics of VCW in action (any pics that exist are broken sadly) and would be a real treat.

Thanks m8!

Cheers,
    GMCloud

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GMCloud27
    Hehe, if only my wallet could say yes to that . I couldn`t even explain the amount of money I`ve shelled out in the past two months after becoming an addict...

If you can Calgary, please post a few pics of both waxes side by side. I have yet to see any pics of VCW in action (any pics that exist are broken sadly) and would be a real treat.

Thanks m8!

Cheers,
    GMCloud
    I will fro sure i hope to get the wac by next weekend but canada post isnt exactly a speady service. I will for sure and ill let you know how things go
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

CalgaryDetail,
    I too have just made an order from Dave over at VW for the Looker Kit (gets me 3oz of all 3 waxes, light cleanse, soap ect) at approx 50% discount. This is thanks to your great reviews here and at the "other" forum. Dave was very nice and genuine to talk to. Eager to try the waxes as my go to has been souveran and then s100. Have not tried PB SSS but my favorite soap has been Duragloss shampoo (suds like crazy and locally available). Will be checking out the VSS too.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Ashsarna, as I asked Calgary on a PM, if you can, please post some pics of the completed detail since I`d love to know how this wax looks. More specifically, I`m curious how it stacks up against Souveran...

Thanks m8!

Cheers, GMCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information