Post Thanks / Like

Post Product Review: Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Brite Wheel Cleaner

After reading someone’s comments on Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Brite Wheel Cleaner here on DC, I decided to give it a try. I always like trying new stuff when I have the opportunity, so I picked up a bottle of this stuff. My thoughts & observations…

Packaging: Package consists of a green bottle with silver colored sprayer. Labeling is pretty standard TW Platinum line stuff. Not too flashy, not too plain.

Price:
    $5.62 USD for 26 ounces of product. Approximately 22 cents per ounce.

Directions: Pretty straightforward directions. Spray onto a cool wheel, allow to dwell for 30 seconds, and use a brush to remove stubborn dirt. The labeling also claims that the product contains a “dirt repellant polymer.” I’m usually not one to bite into claims like that, but I have been wrong before. I guess the only thing to do is see if the tires & wheels collect less dust & dirt than usual (for this reason, I didn’t use any dressing on the tires after cleaning, and I will try to remember to update this review accordingly).

Product:
    The product is a green colored liquid. I don’t know what the green color has to do with anything, other than maybe marketing the product as something to do with turtles (being green), but I personally did not like it. It didn’t really have a strong smell either, which is nice I guess. Sometimes tire & wheel cleaners have a tendency to smell strong to me.

Usage: I sprayed on the tire & wheel and let it dwell for a few moments. It didn’t do anything. No running of the brake dust, no dirt coming from the tires, nothing. I then agitated it with the brush, and to be quite honest, I feel that I had to agitate it more than I usually do with my current go-to wheel & tire cleaner (EO All Wheel Cleaner). It finally did the trick removing the brake dust and grime from the tires & wheels, but I wasn’t impressed at all.

Conclusion: As I mentioned before, I read about this product here on DC. I like to branch out and try new things, and sometimes you get results you just don’t like when you do that. I feel that this cleaner is weak, that I had to work harder to get it to clean my wheels & tires (which were not too terribly dirty to begin with), and that it took me longer to clean the wheels & tires than normal. I doubt I will be buying this cleaner again, and will probably use the remainder of the bottle to try and clean wheel wells with. Not impressed at all.

Here`s the victim (dirty wheels):

Sprayed on and allowing to dwell:

After rinsing (and heavy agitation with a wheel brush):

I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Brite Wheel Cleaner

How many miles would you say toook your wheels to get that dirty. That looks like 25 miles of driving for my wheels.

I`ve been meaning to try the wheel cleaner, but now I`m glad I didn`t. I already have strong enough cleaner that gets the job done QUICK. WheelBrightner my friend.
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113
    How many miles would you say toook your wheels to get that dirty. That looks like 25 miles of driving for my wheels.
    That car doesn`t get driven all that much. It was around a week between washings. I`d say anywhere from 40-50 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quickie update: The dirt repellant polymer is bunk as far as I`m concerned. The same amount of driving, if not less, and the tires/wheels are just as dirty as any other time. I gave this cleaner one more chance this weekend on my friend`s Tacoma. He was as unimpressed as I was, and he`s not even got full-blown detailingitis yet. I will definitely not buy this product again.

Post Thanks / Like

I used this before and won`t buy it again either. I was only using it on very clean rims, cleaner then the ones above and even then the results seemed only fair. I tried it on heavy brake dusted rims and it didn`t do much at all.

I am with you Jared I try everything that comes out, and this is not a repeat buy for me. Good review.

Post Thanks / Like

Thnkx for the review, its nice to see a review done so well. Also im glad you did it, now i dont have to. Thnkx
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Thread Information