Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviewed: Zaino Z5 Pro

Reviewed: Zaino Z5 Pro

Yep, no joking around here, this is the stuff...

I was able to rip two ounces from a Zaino tester’s vice grip. It was not easy which is why I cannot give up the tester`s name (he will kill me ). Anyways, I set out to try the Z on everything I could, prior to the IPO. To the best of my knowledge, Z5 Pro will be on the market within 3 weeks. For the items marked with a (*), I used the standard Z5 as a basis. Here we go...

Product: Zaino Z5 Pro

Price & Price Per Ounce*: $16.95 & $2.12/ounce

Price per application (paint, windows, wheels)*: $.19

Manufacturer Claims:

Get the wettest-looking, deepest finish possible without harming your car`s factory clear coat.

No hard work...just results!

Can be used to fill and hide minor surface scratches, light swirl marks and spider webbing!

It`s been said that "black is the detailer`s final exam." Well, if you have a black, dark blue, red or green vehicle, with Z-5â„¢ Show Car Polish you`ll not only pass that exam, you`ll ace it!

We`ve engineered our Z-5â„¢ Show Car Polish formula with revolutionary, non-abrasive, micro-filler polymer technology to help hide minor surface imperfections. The result is an optically perfect finish that`s not only wet, deep and mirror-like, but durable and long-lasting.

Z-5â„¢ Show Car Polish is the only true, polymer protectant that can help fill and hide minor surface scratches, light swirl marks and spider webbing to create a high-gloss, uniform surface without employing harsh abrasives or cheap fillers. And thanks to our non-abrasive formula, successive layers of Z-5â„¢ Show Car Polish will help mask minor imperfections, scratches and swirl marks, creating a surface that`s unlike anything you`ve ever seen before.

Like all of our other polishes, Z-5â„¢ Show Car Polish contains proprietary, state-of-the-art optical enhancers, gloss additives and Ultra-Gard UV(40), our most advanced sunscreen.

Stop fighting your finish. Let Z-5â„¢ Show Car Polish do the work for you, filling minor imperfections until they disappear. We guarantee you will love the results.

Packaging*: Sturdy, easy to grip, easy to squeeze, plastic bottle with water-proof labeling. The flip top keeps product allocation to a minimum.

Color/Scent/Viscosity: Purple; Grape; A very thin lotion-like substance

How I used (as per instructions):

Without ZFX: Polishing predominantly with Menzerna polishes, I added as well as abstained from an IPA wipe down. The product worked equally as well in both applications.

After trying foam, terry, and MF applicators, the MF prevailed. On a dry applicator, I applied a very thin "X" from far corner, to far corner. This insured that when I swiped the applicator, the surface treated would equal the size of the applicator. For each additional panel after the first, I applied a thin "/" (slash) from corner to corner to the applicator. I barely needed this much to do each panel. For a standard sized vehicle, I used a touch under .20 ounces for the paint, windows, and wheels (2 ounces = 11 vehicles for me). I waited a MAXIMUM of 10 minutes and swiped the product away without any streaking, dust, or static. Furthermore, I used Z5 Pro in the RAIN one day (see black A4 below). I did the car outside under a carport. I only allowed 10 minutes dry time. I did a swipe test and was absolutely stunned to see Z5 Pro was ready to come off.

With ZFX: With the final 1/2 ounce, I decided to go at my (sold) Integra. I mixed 3 drops of ZFX in, capped, and shook for 30 seconds. I applied just as above, dry MF, make a thin "X" initially, then a thin "/" (slash) for each panel following. The only main difference I noticed other than ability to apply after one another was the dry time was slightly reduced. With the teg, I could apply to the whole vehicle in about 5-7 minutes, and go right back to where I started to remove. To put this in perspective, I mixed the Z5 Pro, applied/removed x 3 layers on all paint, wheels, and glass in about 30 minutes .

Overall Thoughts:

Without becoming over-zealous, I will note, in a most objective as possible manner, the differences Z5 Pro has over Z5.

--Application: Using about .05-.1 less per application, the product also spread much easier over the surface using a dry MF applicator
    --Drying/Removal: Dry times reduced 5-10 minutes per application; there is no dust, static, residue, or streaking whatsoever, even on glass
    --Slickness: When ZFX`d x 3 in one sitting, the slickness level rivals none, it`s the top dog. The single application surpasses any carnauba out there but I`d stick it closest to one layer of Z2 Pro.
    --Appearance: Deeper, wetter, and hides a touch more defects. I found this newest build to rival the "emotional" appearance of a carnauba yet still having the "hard" sealant gloss. It looked pretty damn good on any color I used it on (see below pictures)
    --Durability: TBA. I will be in touch with the clients for which I have applied this on their vehicle(s).

Other Notes: Zaino recommends using Z18 Clay and Z-PC polish twice a year or before each full detail. Wait 24 hours between layers, unless using ZFX.

Purchasing: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino
    *Should be for sale within 3 weeks

Pictures:

Questions, Comments, please feel free.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reviewed: Zaino Z5 Pro

High praise for a Beta product. I am drooling over the pictures. I also am excited over the possibilities of the Z5Pro.

Sal does not send to Alaska,unfortunately. There are other vendors but I guess that I will have to wait until I return to Texas to give the new product a real test on the Black truck.

Thanks for such a good review and pictoral!!!!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job...

Post Thanks / Like

Sean,

Very nice review as always! This looks like a killer product now!

I can tell you that Z8 "Grand Finale" spray is like crack! I`ve gone through a bottle so far it`s that good! To use Z8 between coats is just stunning!

Those finishes you shot look very, very reflective. Can`t wait to give it a try on the black Porsche!

Sean, you low or out of PO85RD? PM me if you are.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Reviewed: Zaino Z5 Pro

Nice write up & pictures Sean. Your customers have no idea how well they have it

A few questions:

Have you been saving time on your details since using Z? It sounds like you have.

Have you prepped with anything other than clay and/or Menzerna and an ISO wipe down?

You haven`t been ZFX`ing `virgin` paint for 1 X applications, but you have been using ZFX for multiple coats, correct?

Have you layered Z5Pro with Z2Pro?

Have you had time to monitor the slickness retention (after rain, weekly washes, etc...)? The post rain Audi shot is insane!!!

Slightly off topic....

I`m sure Z18 is quality clay, but does it do anything above Optimum or Poorboys clay? I like the look of the Z18 container for storing your clay, but can`t see much different past that.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review thank you. It looks like good stuff i think i may have to pick some up here in 3 weeks
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the thorough review. I am anxious to try this product. I am already a Zaino "user".

Post Thanks / Like

cwcad: Good things are worth the wait . Plus, it will give you time to use up some other stuff. Most of us here have products coming out of our ears.

Dino: It would look extra beautiful on the Porsche . I agree with you on Z8...a great extra something after a wash.

John:

Saving time? Yeah, a little. I usually spend 10 minutes on application, 15 on drying, 10 on removal with other products. Here, I am averaging about 7 for application and 5-7 for removal. The dry time, or lack thereof, is what has helped the most.

I have used a Menzerna, Blackfire, and Optimum base, all with or without IPA. The application is no different.

I plan to do a side-by-side comparo with ZFX versus non on Liz`s Saab. I will do half the car in one, half in the other and monitor it. According to Sal, for maximum durability you should use the catalyst product, ZFX. However, without, it is still no pushover.

I have not topped Z5 Pro with Z2 Pro, yet. I will probably start experimenting with that very soon.

Slickness after two washes (the max I`ve done) is still amazing. I just Z7 wash, then a quick couple shots of Z8 when drying and voila! I had a customer email me and tell me that the rain has absolutely been flying off his car this week. When it dried up the other day, he said there was nearly NO water spots or dirt. He was extremely pleased.

The Z18, admittedly, is not really different than what is out there. Relatively speaking, all clay is the same. They might have VERY slight differences, but all in all, you are choosing color. I like it and LOVE the container, but yes, in the end, choose your favorite color.

Post Thanks / Like

I now have some Z5 Pro about to arrive soon from a good friend and source. I`ve been instructed to use the ZFX with it.

Once it arrives, I`ll be busy on the Porsche black to see how well it does.

I`ve been using Z8 between coats now and boy what a difference! Very slick and shiny. With a Poorboys DMT towel or CBT towel on the finish after Z8 it becomes difficult to control the towel it`s that slippery.

Now if only someone could get a product to stop the dust I get from the rear wing area... Damn it`s crazy how much this Aerocup wing just sucks up dust from the road! Well, at least I have the ceramic brakes (PCC so I do not worry about brake dust as there is none!

I have to say one thing about Porsche leather interior. It`s a very different smell! Does NOT have the new leather smell like I had with the Lexus SC430 which Zaino Z-10 was a dead ringer for that very same smell. Porsche interior has a very clean odor. I`ve never smelled this before for interior leather. Weird as hell, but I just can`t describe the odor. Well, maybe I`ve not been in it enough!

I`m looking forward to the new Z5 Pro and using it on the Porsche.

Now... SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THIS DAMN RAIN?!!!!!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All the details Look Excellent Sean. You backed up the pics with an excellent review, containing anything one could want. Great Job. Will the price be about the same as Z5? I will probably pick up some of the new z5pro. Im still not totally sold on Z, but Im still waiting to use it on another mettalic car. To my eyes its ok on solid colors, but excellent on mettalics. This however is not the case from your pics, They are all dripping! That black 350z makes me want to use z5pro on everyblack vehicle!

Great Job Sean.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

How is Zaino`s compatibility with other products? I`d like to use Z5 Pro due to it`s properties, but I don`t want to invest in/use the whole line. I use mostly Poorboy`s products. Anyone have any experience with this? Oh, and great review.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Sean, and excellent work, A4 and 350 look awesome. I haven`t used Z5 for quite a while now, just didn`t do enough to warrant it IMO, but after reading this I`m looking forward to getting my hands on some Z5 Pro ASAP.

CARTfan, coat for coat, IMO EXP comes pretty close to Z2 in looks, but is far behind in durability, and when you start layering, Z2 is in a class of it`s own, in the last two weeks I`ve applied 5 coats of Swissol Mystery on my Zainoed work Ute(blue mica), and it`s taken away the clarity and wetness it had with Zaino, so now i`ll wait for Z5 Pro and start again.

Jayde
    Excellence, Pride and Apperance

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another great write up.

As for the cars... your work is top notch

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

So what`s the main difference between Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro? Guessing ZFX is still required?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Woob
    So what`s the main difference between Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro? Guessing ZFX is still required?
    Z5 Pro= filling of minor marring

Z2 Pro= Less filling ( I couldn`t resist) no filling

Yes they still use ZFX.

Ah, so it still needs ZFX.. Big deal. As long as it looks stunning, I`ll mix up whatever.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information