Thread: Zaino & Klasse

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino & Klasse

Hello... If someone is currently using Zaino products on their car and wanted to switch to Klasse (AIO & SG), would they have to remove the Zaino first? If so, what is the best method to do so?

thanks in advance!

Boss_429

Re: Zaino & Klasse

Quote Originally Posted by Waxxy
    Hello... If someone is currently using Zaino products on their car and wanted to switch to Klasse (AIO & SG), would they have to remove the Zaino first? If so, what is the best method to do so?

thanks in advance!
    The "AIO" would probably remove Zaino.... two applications should do it for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

First the Zaino has to be surgically removed from the user`s brain. Its a delicate process that usually involves WWE style moves and the occasional wiffle ball bat. Once you get the Zaino off the brain then you can use a couple applications (not coats... `APPLICATIONS`. Boss is a wise wordsmith. ) of AIO and that should get the rest of the Zaino off and put the guy on the road to recovery. :lol
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    First the Zaino has to be surgically removed from the user`s brain. Its a delicate process that usually involves WWE style moves and the occasional wiffle ball bat. Once you get the Zaino off the brain then you can use a couple applications (not coats... `APPLICATIONS`. Boss is a wise wordsmith. ) of AIO and that should get the rest of the Zaino off and put the guy on the road to recovery. :lol
    ::chuckles::

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS Boss, Jngrbrdman and Joyride! I will definitely let him know. I didn`t realize how much more difficult Zaino was to use than Klasse until I started talking to someone last night, and offered some of my AIO & SG.

From what I could find on the web, the outcome of the two is camparable, right? Just more work with the Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like

Nah... The two look pretty different if you ask me. Zaino looks kind of plasticy. Its not a bad look, but its just not the one I go for. Klasse is like a polished rock. Compare a polished rock next to a piece of polished plastic and you`ll get a good comparison. Zaino looks good on black, but that`s the only color I would use it on personally. Even then I`ve got stuff I like better than Zaino. I`m testing the shelf life of Zaino right now. 2 years and still smelly. lol
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh.. got it. I`ve always loved Klasse anyway. THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

I used Zaino for the first time last weekend. Ya, mixing ZFX with the Z2 pro is alittle annoying, but i got lucky and didnt really waste any, but...(and i have a fair number of LSP`s that i use alot with very good results), Z2 Pro produced a finish that blew me away.

Not very many products will change the appearance as much as Z2 Pro did as soon as i began buffing it off. Off of a perfectly polished finish that already had great gloss and depth.

The old Z2 may have had a plastic look to it, i dunno, but Z2 pro is an exceptional product.

I think i would choose Klasse if you want to layer a xxxx on top, Z2 pro doesnt need it.

Now please dont target me as a Zaino zombie, i just used it for the first time. If it sucked, i would have no problem saying so.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeff, I`m glad that the Zaino worked for you. I actually saw my friend`s car, and the Zaino looked really nice on his black audi (brand new car). But, compared to the 7 year old paint job on my car... I think my finish seemed smoother (I just clayed the other week too!).

Whatever works best for you and your detailing needs, is what you should use! Thanks for the input!!!!!!

-mari

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeff, I`m glad that the Zaino worked for you. I actually saw my friend`s car, and the Zaino looked really nice on his black audi (brand new car). But, compared to the 7 year old paint job on my car... I think my finish seemed smoother (I just clayed the other week too!).
    Your car should be smooth, your a member of DC :rockin

Whatever works best for you and your detailing needs, is what you should use! Thanks for the input!!!!!!
    From your post i thought you wanted to try something else(Klasse) because Zaino was not as easy as you would like it to be.

Aside from mixing the ZFX there is little difference in the prep between Klasse and Zaino. Both need an oil free surface to bond to.

Klasse might be more difficult to use also. I read posts quite often about people who cant remove SG without streaks.

Im not pushing Zaino either, just offering my opinion. I think people should use whatever floats their boat.

If ease of use is important,with exceptional looks, i would try out the new DP sealant. It also had me staring at it on my black hood with a big smile. It is very easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Z2-Pro has a great look on dark cars. Those who want to criticize either Zaino or Zaino user can frankly go bag it. I`ve seen one or two of you on some other forums, and "bag it" is as polite as I can be.

Aside from Zaino and Klasse, very few products have either of their durability. Klasse SG can be a bit difficult to remove without some streaking, Zaino needs ZFX. Whatever - sometimes the high end niche products have their quirks. Meguiar`s No. 20 and No. 21 seem to be the next closest for both shine and durability.

As far as I`m concerned, the jury`s out on everything else. Zaino, Klasse SG, and Megs 20 & 21 are the only products I`ve seen still bead water and shine after goign through a Detroit or Chicago winter, loaded with road salt and drive through car washes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both. If proper preparation is not done neither will produce results that i am ssatisfied with.

I use Zaino on an 03 chevy pickup, which is black. I also use it on my wife`s 300C. It works so well that my wife will not allow me to use anything else. She is not a detailer in any way, shape, or form. Yet to her the results were remarkable.

I did a detail on my Bravada in December with AIO and SG. Drove it to Alaska and have done nothing to it since. Aside from the weekly washings. It is still beading. I find the Klasse syatem a little easier but i use the wipe on/ wipe off method.

Shine is better with Klasse but durability is still a question in my mind. Have a longitudinal test on Zaino right now on my 03 pickup. Will report my observations in October when i get back to texas
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Hello All,

I am a new Zaino user and from the land of Griot`s, Zaino is great. Allow me to explain. With Griot`s, I used to apply the wax with a DA and a foam pad. The wax would last approximately one month and then in the Northeast, the wax would fail.

With Zaino, the water still beads, but best of all, no white residue left after application. Even with the mixing and multiple applications I am thrilled with Zaino.

Tom

Thread Information