Thread: QEW, opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

QEW, opinions?

I just ordered at 32oz bottle of QEW from PakShak (thanks Ranney!) and used it once. I`m amazed how this product works. I used the two bucket method with sheepskin wash mitt. A section at a time, then dry each section. I must say the results are quite outstanding for the time it took.

I`m just wondering if QEW would cause more micromaring than a traditional wash? I figure the dirt/grime gets absorbed by the chemical and then it gets wiped away without touching the paint. Is that how it works???

Also I`m wondering if I could use the QEW as a prewash. Spray it first on the car, then rinse, then wash car as normal. Or if putting a little QEW with regular car shampoo would boost its effectiveness.

Any opinions or tips on this product would be greatly appreciated!

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: QEW, opinions?

Yeah, a pre-rinse wouldn`t hurt if your car is "dirty", but otherwise what you did was fine. If used correctly, QEW wont induce any more micro-marring than a regular wash. Just dont try to QEW a mud ladened car or something like that. Common sense comes into play and the more you use it, the better feel you will have for its capabilities.

QEW works by suspending the dirt in the QEW solution which you then wipe off as you dry. Sounds easy, but its quite ingenious.

The link attached is from Mosca ( Tom ) on Autopia, and is easily the best QEW tutorial I have seen. There are quite a few pics, so here is your 56k warning....

QEW tutorial by Mosca
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like

I have a dark blue metallic car, and I haven`t had any marring problems at all. In fact, the only problem I had all winter is the one day the dealership "washed" my car after a service.

If the car is very grimey, I use S&W as a presoak. I spray a panel, wait a few minutes, then QEW. If there is any sand from the snow, etc I pour some warm water from a clean bucket to rinse off. I also use a bucket with a grit guard.

Awesome stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried to presoak with SW...but have presoaked with a bottle of solution (QEW) sprayed on the car, then hit with the wash mitt. Turned out great and this stuff works fantastic. Tried it for the first time over the weekend. Piece of cake.

Thread Information