WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Poorboy trim restore product??

hi all,

well im new and right now i am using 303 on my seals and trims on my acura 2004 tsx. now i gotta say that 303 is a pretty good product and it cleans my seals and trims very well. i wanted to ask if the poorboys world trim restore product is better than 303??

my 16once 303 is almost running out and im in the mood to try something new. ive heard from another friend of mine that the poorboy world trim restore is a good product too. here is the link to the product from preimum auto care:

http://www.premiumautocare.com/potrre16ou.html

for those of you who had experiences with this trim restore, please provide inputs and if better than 303.

tsx2004

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy trim restore product??

I have both and would not want to be without either. 303 works better on flat rubber/vynil surfaces and TR works wonders on grained.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve always had a problem with 303 on the exterior. It tends to run after a rain storm/wash, no matter how thin I apply and even if I buff off.

PB TS works great to give that new sheen to the surface. It also lasts through washes/rain which says to me that it IS a true restorer and not just a dressing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    I`ve always had a problem with 303 on the exterior. It tends to run after a rain storm/wash, no matter how thin I apply and even if I buff off.

PB TS works great to give that new sheen to the surface. It also lasts through washes/rain which says to me that it IS a true restorer and not just a dressing.
    Same here. i used to use it on my tonneu cover but after a rain the side of the bed looked all streaky.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I never had good luck with TR, I sold mine to someone else. :dunno
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like

Did you follow the directions? Since I tried Trim Restorer I wouldn`t think of using anything else on grained trim. A few drops goes a really long way, and then I buff it out until dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I like TR a lot. I used it on the fading/discolored/stained cowl of my car at least 3 or 4 months ago and it "restored" it very nicely. In fact, it still looks good... clean and black.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez

have you ever used the dye? I think its called black again trim restorer. (the one that comes with the cleaner and a little bottle with a sponge-type applicator on the tip).

Its THE best trim product ive ever used. The difference is completely night and day. Its a true restorer, not just a dressing.

To anybody who uses it make sure you keep it off the paint, or wipe it up quick. But if it does dry, it leaves a spot, which is easily removed with AIO or i guess any other cleaner would work. It wont permanantly stain your paint.

Natural look and trim restorer are both AWESOME dressings on newer trim that isnt quite in bad enough shape for the dye.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Meguiars trim detailer to the Poorboys.

Thread Information