Post Thanks / Like

A Tale of Twin Audi S5`s, Corrected and Coated with Cquartz Finest...Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

In December I corrected and coated this S5. S5 Corrected and coated with Cquartz finest by Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

Unfortunately Finest wasn`t able to protect the car from this damage. Luckily the owner was uninjured.

The car was totaled by insurance. The owner was devastated, that car was his baby. Luckily for him he was able to located the EXACT same car, every option, even the color was the same.

So I begin again on Scott`s S5. I began with a full wash, iron-x, and a clay. I then went around and documented any paint damage.

Let`s check out some paint damage.

Some deeper RIDS throughout the paint.

I began with M105 on a MF pad to level, I then followed up with M205 on a Rupes white pad. I tried a couple of combinations, but found this setup to knock out all the swirls and almost all the RIDS. You can see the correction I was able to get from these 50/50`s.

Every painted surface is just as important as the next.

After correction I washed to remove any oils left from correction, [font=`helvetica neue`, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I followed that up with an eraser wipe down and then it got 2 coats of Cquartz Finest. Below you can see I am waiting for Finest to flash before leveling. [/font]

I coated the wheels with Cquartz Dlux. Wear a respirator! I put about 20ml in my airbrush bottle and sprayed away. I did get some drips, but that wasn`t an issue since I had to level the wheels anyway. By spraying I was able to get the barrels coated without having to remove the wheels.

Adhesive from the window sticker, that has to go, can`t miss the little things

Every Cquartz Finest kit comes with a sticker, that corresponds with its warranty card.

Let check out the results.

As always, thanks for reading! Greg Gellas SignatureDetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Tale of Twin Audi S5`s, Corrected and Coated with Cquartz Finest...Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

That`s one way of getting the water pump replaced.....

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Tale of Twin Audi S5`s, Corrected and Coated with Cquartz Finest...Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

Ouch. Glad to see it was repaired (owner unhurt) you got to work your magic on it again. Looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work Greg....I "so" love those cars.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Work Greg!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great Job Greg!
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Great work. Love the color
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2005 c230

Post Thanks / Like

interested in knowing how they prepped car for paint and how (if any) the left over made overspray removal coating
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    interested in knowing how they prepped car for paint and how (if any) the left over made overspray removal coating
    This is a new one, they totaled the first one. He found the SAME exact car with the same options.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, true story.

I remember when I got the previous car, my dealer mentioned to me that 2 identical ones were coming over on the boat. Lucky for me, the other dealer that got this car didn`t sell it and after some string pulling I was able to get it.

Credit once again goes to Greg for pulling off a great job. Maybe its just me, but I think this 1 finished a degree better than the last one. A link to the last write up is in the first post...

Thanks also to Corey from CarPro for his help as well.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Greg, sorry I`m just now seeing this, and what a fantastic job this is! Lucky for the owner he knows you, because now from the outside you can`t distinguish between the two! I`m glad that you wear a respirator when spraying or applying the DLux, and it should be a lesson to everyone to wear proper PPE when dealing with Amy potentially harmful product or chemical. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to the next one!

Post Thanks / Like

What an interesting story and way kewl to "kick it up a notch" on the second one.

Excellent work!

Merlin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKIM_NYC View Post
    Yep, true story.

I remember when I got the previous car, my dealer mentioned to me that 2 identical ones were coming over on the boat. Lucky for me, the other dealer that got this car didn`t sell it and after some string pulling I was able to get it.

Credit once again goes to Greg for pulling off a great job. Maybe its just me, but I think this 1 finished a degree better than the last one. A link to the last write up is in the first post...

Thanks also to Corey from CarPro for his help as well.

Scott
    Very cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful! Is that the HF buffer or Rupes 1inch? Wondering what setup.

Thread Information