Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed: Ford F-250 Super Duty

Well, here`s another work vehicle for you all. This is owned by a local real estate agent. It`s a diesel with only 90k miles so it`s not really even broken in! There was a lot of oxidation and deep scratches. The customer understood that the deeper defects could not be removed totally. He just wanted it to shine again with umph to it. The interior was his main goal since his clients were going to in the truck for several hours at a time looking at homes. I`ve had plenty experience with these trucks and the interior are pretty tough and seem to bounce back nicely.

Here`s the process.......

Befores:
    This is what I had to look forward to on the way to work. Plus, it`s 39* and 15mph winds!!!

Once I arrived, it was about what I`d expect. Actually, not to bad. Like I mentioned, there was oxidation and no depth at all.

Interior was not bad-bad.....just used and there was some pet transportation too.

Wash Cycle:
    (NXT Tech Wash and Purple Power via Foam Cannon)
    I degreased the wheels, wells, and tires with Purple Power cut 1:1. I then blasted the truck free of debris. I then foamed it and let dwell for 2-3 minutes. I then gave it a nice bath with the LC Ulti-Mitt. Another quick rinse followed. The customer was amazed that I only used 25 gallons of water with this wash. I was too!!!

Paint Correction:
    (Menzerna`s Power Gloss via Cyclo and EDGE2K Yellow Pads)
    After having the success with Power Gloss and the UDM, I thought I break out the Cyclo to give you all a review of this combo. Boy, I had forgotten just how smooth this machine is!!! It did a good job of breaking down the PG. I did see some slight micro-marring but I have another test for taking care of that.

Here`s some 50/50 of Power Gloss at work....

The hood did have some irreversible damage but is still cleaned up nice.

Here`s a door shot. Not to bad. Could have stopped but I have more!

Paint Protection/Marring Removal:
    (Menzerna`s APO60 Sealing Wax via Cyclo and EDGE2K Green Pads)
    I`ve heard of this all in one being able to remove slight defects with it`s abrasive cleaners. Plus, it`s supposed to look and protect very well. Well, I do know that it did the first 2 nicely. All micro-marring was removed and it added a ton of gloss and slickness. Much like that of a final polish.

Final Paint Protection:
    (Optimum`s Opti-Seal via Cyclo and EDGE2K White Pads)
    I love applying OS like this. It just glide over the surface. I used only 3 sprays to do the entire truck........windows included. I know that I`m getting 4+ months of durability when PwS is topped like this. I will be doing this truck monthly so we will see about this new combo.

Interior:
    I used a mix of FOLEX and Purple Power to clean the carpets. The leather and panels were cleaned with Purple Power 1:1 and MF towel and brush. After cleaning the seats, they were treated to Pinnacle`s Leather Conditioner. This worked really well to soften the leather. Smells nice too.......the owner noticed it immediately and like it. All plastics were treated with DP`s Interior Protectant. Another nice scent. Glass was cleaned with Stoner`s Invisible Glass.......I miss my Surf City Glass Cleaner!!!

Ther tires got some Stoner`s More Shine Less Time as did the wells. The wheels received a coating of Opti-Seal with a used EDGE pad. This is one reason I love the EDGE 4 inch pads!!!

Conclusion:
    Just simply a straight forward detail. There were some deep defects that even Power Gloss could not remove but you know what, the customer was happy and so was I. Like I said, I will be maintaining this monthly and there CR-V is now scheduled for a detail.

Afters:

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailed: Ford F-250 Super Duty

Looks like you did a very thorough job. Nice work.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the transformation!! Wish I could afford a F250. Of course I have no customers or a job to justifiy it. LOL!

Would love to get a Cyclo. Have only read one review that said anything bad about a Cyclo. Another thing that I mite try to get on the Christmas list.

Glad to see you posting again!! Had been wondering where you had been?
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work.

Post Thanks / Like

The truck looks wonderful and I love the manual shift on that big boy.

Would you please expound on this, I want more details since I am a Cyclo owner/lover and just ordered Opti Seal today:

Final Paint Protection:
    I love applying OS like this. It just glide over the surface. I used only 3 sprays to do the entire truck........windows included. I know that I`m getting 4+ months of durability when PwS is topped like this. I will be doing this truck monthly so we will see about this new combo.

Post Thanks / Like

looks great
    back in buisness baby

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    The truck looks wonderful and I love the manual shift on that big boy.

Would you please expound on this, I want more details since I am a Cyclo owner/lover and just ordered Opti Seal today:

Final Paint Protection:
    I use their soft, white pads. I spray each pad with only one spray of OptiSeal. Start on the hood and push down on the paint with the polisher off. This forces the OS into the pads. Now their primed and damp with product. I now do the entire hood, windshield, and front bumper areas.......still on the one spray. Believe me, it`s concentrated! I now spray on more spray onto each pad and push it onto the driver`s side fender forcing more product into the pad once again. I now do the whole side including the window and mirror housing. I repeat the same steps on the passenger side. By now I`ve used only 3 sprays and the pad is damp enough for the trunk area. The best part is that you`re now done. No wiping off of product!!

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, nice job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin30513 View Post
    I use their soft, white pads. I spray each pad with only one spray of OptiSeal. Start on the hood and push down on the paint with the polisher off. This forces the OS into the pads. Now their primed and damp with product. I now do the entire hood, windshield, and front bumper areas.......still on the one spray. Believe me, it`s concentrated! I now spray on more spray onto each pad and push it onto the driver`s side fender forcing more product into the pad once again. I now do the whole side including the window and mirror housing. I repeat the same steps on the passenger side. By now I`ve used only 3 sprays and the pad is damp enough for the trunk area. The best part is that you`re now done. No wiping off of product!!

Hope this helps.
    It did help, thank you. I`ll give that a go with the white Cyclo pads.

Post Thanks / Like

way to make that forest green pop.... thats a sweet truck manual diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Let`s hear about the WASH MITT

Thread Information