Post Thanks / Like

Clean & Preserve Foam Pads w/XMT Pad Cleaner

After I`ve been polishing a car all day I like to make clean up as fast and easy as possible. While I don`t always have a pad washer available because I tend to detail my car at a friend`s house to take advantage of their garage, I never leave home without a bottle of Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner and a Foam Pad Conditioning Brush. I`ve been using these two products for quite some time now because they work very well to thoroughly clean various types of foam and wool buffing pads. It`s such a simple concept that is often overlooked by most, but properly cleaning your pads extends the life so you can get the most out of your investment.

Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner is a penetrating cleaner that breaks up and releases caked on polish, compound, and wax residue from various types of foam and wool buffing pads. It doesn`t contain any soap and rinses freely leaving no residue behind that could possibly be re-activated when the pads are used again. Unlike most all purpose cleaners and degreasers, Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner doesn`t dry out the pad and cause it to fall apart. It performs exceptionally well, especially when used with a Foam Pad Conditioning Brush.

Look closely below and you can see that the pad is actually white, but it`s saturated with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze after polishing several panels. Instead of throwing it in a washing machine which could potentially cause damage to the pad, I went ahead and cleaned it right away while the product was still wet.

I sprayed the pad with the Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner and immediately started agitating it with the Foam Pad Conditioning Brush. Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner starts working right away to break down the polish residue. No waiting required with this product. The Foam Pad Conditioning Brush features stiff nylon bristles that make cleaning the pad a breeze. The brush is also ergonomically designed to fit snug in your hand.

I rinsed out the pad in the sink after agitating it with the Foam Pad Conditioning Brush. Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner rinses clean, leaving no soap residue behind because it contains no soap!

The pad not only looks new, but the texture or the integrity of the pad has not been compromised by the cleaner.

If you have an extra Grit Guard laying around, turn the pad upside down and let it dry out for a couple hours before storing it with your other pads.

After the pad was dry I put it away for another day of polishing!

Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner works very well when used in conjunction with the Foam Pad Conditioning brush to properly clean various types of foam and wool buffing pads. It`s quick, easy, and performs exceptionally well at its intended use. A single 12oz bottle will go a long way and with the durable construction of the Foam Pad Conditioning Brush, you have a winning combination that will last quite a while.

Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner

Foam Pad Conditioning Brush

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clean & Preserve Foam Pads w/XMT Pad Cleaner

Great write up! I usually throw my pads in a bucket of pad cleaner and water until I finish my detail. This seems like it might help get them spotless after that though. Usually I end up using an apc and have ot fight to get all the product out.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Stig... I have been treating my pads with XMT Pad Cleaner and after about 10 minutes throwing them into a bucket of APC if needed. Works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I like it but wish it would come with a trigger sprayer and not the pump style.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Great write up! I usually throw my pads in a bucket of pad cleaner and water until I finish my detail. This seems like it might help get them spotless after that though. Usually I end up using an apc and have ot fight to get all the product out.
    I`m a degreaser guy myself, but it does present the problem of making sure you rinse all of the degreaser (or APC) out of the pad which can be quite a struggle. If you don`t get it out it is going to affect the performance of any polish or sealant.

The Pinnacle XMT Cleaner is works great and rinses clean right-away.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw someone post about spraying this on their pads and leaving them without rinsing and the pad face melted. Is it really that strong? I don`t think it`s a good idea to spray a product on the foam pads and just leave it for days but I was curious if that was even possible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I saw someone post about spraying this on their pads and leaving them without rinsing and the pad face melted. Is it really that strong? I don`t think it`s a good idea to spray a product on the foam pads and just leave it for days but I was curious if that was even possible
    I would recommend using the product as it`s intended, meaning you spray it on, agitate, and thoroughly rinse. Even something as mild as car wash soap would probably somehow degrade the foam over a course of several days if the pad was drenched in it.

Thread Information