Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster - Made Better than Factory - Oakes Detail

2006 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster in Blue Hera sporting just nine thousand needed a total make over. New to the owner, my goal was to get it looking better than when it left the factory. Which gave me a roman scrolls worth of work. Starting with removing the existing partial clear bra which looked tired and faded but did it`s job preserving the front end.

This project also included full undercarriage detail, requiring the removal of the wheels, followed up with paint correction and CQuartz Finest ceramic coating. I also installed new Xpel clear film and replacement of the existing battery tender wiring.

The following photo journey will show you all the start, evolution and finish. The pictures speak for themselves. Starting off with some shots of the existing partial clear bra showing its faded textured and dated templates with far more reliefs than necessary.

After removing the film, we could see that the front end was preserved in regards to rock chips, however the pre-film detail certainly left it’s mark….

Heavy marring and holograms were rather persistent through the whole vehicle, though most noticeable in the front end. With the film removed and the vehicle prepped, we moved ahead with the multi step correction. Lamborghini paint is a bit notorious for being stubborn but that caused no waiver here. A glimpse at some 50/50 photos and some more before and afters of the paint condition.

The front end was just the start of bringing the Blue Hera paint back to life, which was being served no justice in the state it was brought to me. The following photos show the front end in the process of being clear wrapped, the vehicle was completely corrected and detailed before the film was applied. Wanted to keep the results together to give more light to the final results from start to finish.

Photos showing the seamless edges and full wrap overs

Another before and after photo of the paint correction performed on the B-Pillar/Air Inlet section

A little out of order but here are the results of the undercarriage and wheel detail work, while on the lift all of four corners were completely degreased and treated. The rear underbody was polished and coated as well

The wheels cleaned, clayed, polished, re-prepped and then airbrushed with Cquartz DLUX ceramic coating

Now for the final shots of this rolling piece of art, showing the flawless film install and the pop from the correction and CQuartz Finest installation!

Oakes Detail

Detail Write-Ups

Instagram - Website - Facebook

"Our Perfection Becomes Your Masterpiece"

Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster - Made Better than Factory - Oakes Detail

As always, thanks for checking it out and hopefully you enjoyed the write up as much as I have enjoyed working on this icon!
    Oakes

Oakes Detail

Detail Write-Ups

Thanks TTBear, WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. My. WOW.

This is why I come to this forum. That kind of work is just inspiring. Fantastic!!

Thanks for taking the time to share this detailing process with us!
    Anima sana in corpore sano

Current:

2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO
    2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car! But whats the deal with the radio, it looks like a best buy alpine!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    Nice car! But whats the deal with the radio, it looks like a best buy alpine!
    Haha - no kidding - believe it or not - that double-DIN head unit is straight from the Lamborghini factory. Amazing.

But I guess one does not buy a Lamborghini to listen to the radio!
    Anima sana in corpore sano

Current:

2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO
    2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    Likes JBM, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thats hilarious!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work on an awesome car!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Yes thats the factory set up for the nav/stereo!

Oakes Detail

Detail Write-Ups

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work on a beautiful car! Thanks for sharing. Those wheels look perfect for that car, wow!

Post Thanks / Like

incredible work!

I didn`t know you could apply CarPro Dlux by airbrush. I assume you wipe off once it started to flash? The wheels came out really nice and glossy.

Thanks for sharing.
    Likes kevincwelch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OUTSTANDING result! Beautiful color. The under/wheel barrels turned out like WOW.

Post Thanks / Like

The wrap is tight!

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    I didn`t know you could apply CarPro Dlux by airbrush. I assume you wipe off once it started to flash? The wheels came out really nice and glossy.
    I noticed that as well. Tell us more about airbrush application of DLUX. Do you apply any other coatings by airbrush? Seems now suggestive of what SONAX is doing with their new wheel coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Yes, apply by airbrush and with DLUX especially I go back over and wipe it all level. Doesnt hurt to do it with any other coating - which for me is Finest - to wipe after a certain window.

Mclaren Oakes Detail 19 by Oakes Detail, on Flickr

Oakes Detail

Detail Write-Ups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information