Post Thanks / Like
    Owner contacted me a couple weeks ago, he`d just picked up a 2012 Subaru Outback and was concerned about some swirls/marring on the hood. I met up with him at his office to look over the car and give him an estimate. Other than about a 2` x 2` section of the hood, the paint looked really good. We agreed on the price and set it up for this past weekend.

Forgot to get any before shots, we`d received a ton of rain the day before and with the sun out, the humidity was pretty insane. Just wanted to get going and wrap it up before it got too deep into the afternoon. Besides, compared to some of the other new cars I`ve done recently, there really wasn`t much to see anyway.

ONR wash

Clay Magic blue clay

Meguiars D300 Correction Cream using an Optimum microfiber cutting pad and my PC 7424 XP on speed 5-6 x 2 on the area with the marring

Optimum Hyper Polish using an Optimum microfiber polishing pad and my PC on the whole car

Optimum Opti-Seal

Armor All on the tires/fenderwells

That isn`t marring on the hood, that`s a small cloud stretched out by the curve of the hood

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Great,Scott! Looks like a candy bar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! I`m curious, what did of a time frame did that detail occupy if I may ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Scott. Hope you`re enjoying the break in the heat as much as I am.

-Kody-
    New Image Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Scott! No Opti-Eraser on this one? What are your thoughts on it vs. traditional clay?
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Lookin good....

Reeeko99, 13 Subaru Legacy Sport White, 15 Subaru Outback Premium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kakeuter

-Kody-

He loves the HEAT, Kody! He`s sick!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Looks Great,Scott! Looks like a candy bar!

Thanks! Really like the color, almost like a root beer candy color.

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
    Looks great! I`m curious, what did of a time frame did that detail occupy if I may ask?

I was going over the process with the owner, so it took a little longer than usual given how nice the paint was. I think about 3 1/2 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by kakeuter

-Kody-

It was okay until I went out to ride tonight, way too many people at the park, almost creamed some little kid who was racing his brother side by side on a divided path. Cooler weather means more people at the park.

Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    Looks great Scott! No Opti-Eraser on this one? What are your thoughts on it vs. traditional clay?

My Opti-Raser finally gave out after two months. I have an aggressive one but this one definitely didn`t need it.

Quote Originally Posted by reeeko99
    Lookin good....

Thanks!
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Scott!

Steve here (the owner).

I think Root Beer Candy is just about right for the color description! The official Subaru name for the color is Brilliant Brown Pearl, and it is a new, limited edition color for the new 2013 Subaru Outback. Supposedly, it will be made ONLY during June, July and August, and ONLY on the 2013 Outbacks, and is only available with the "SAP" (Special Appearance Package). This package also includes a brown leather interior. I think it is pretty nice - and unique.

The color is quite heavy with metallic flakes. The pictures Scott took were mostly in the sun, and that`s just what it looks like - IN the sun. When it`s cloudy (or dusk), it looks almost black. And when it`s dirty, the root beer golden aura disappears. A pretty cool color, I think.

Yes, this is a brand new 2013 Outback, not a 2012.

I`m sure my questions slowed you down a bit, Scott. Thanks for being willing to actually explain what you`re doing! :hifive:

It was also VERY humid that day. I think I had to go change shirts, and I was just watching you work.

By the way, nice job. I really like how it turned out. Your experience and feel in knowing "just how far to go" on the hood area, and not too far, was invaluable to me - and the longevity of the hood`s clearcoat.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Scott!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work, Sir. Looks like your client was happy too. Thanks for sharing.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    Hi, Scott!

Steve here (the owner).

I think Root Beer Candy is just about right for the color description! The official Subaru name for the color is Brilliant Brown Pearl, and it is a new, limited edition color for the new 2013 Subaru Outback. Supposedly, it will be made ONLY during June, July and August, and ONLY on the 2013 Outbacks, and is only available with the "SAP" (Special Appearance Package). This package also includes a brown leather interior. I think it is pretty nice - and unique.

The color is quite heavy with metallic flakes. The pictures Scott took were mostly in the sun, and that`s just what it looks like - IN the sun. When it`s cloudy (or dusk), it looks almost black. And when it`s dirty, the root beer golden aura disappears. A pretty cool color, I think.

Yes, this is a brand new 2013 Outback, not a 2012.

I`m sure my questions slowed you down a bit, Scott. Thanks for being willing to actually explain what you`re doing! :hifive:

It was also VERY humid that day. I think I had to go change shirts, and I was just watching you work.

By the way, nice job. I really like how it turned out. Your experience and feel in knowing "just how far to go" on the hood area, and not too far, was invaluable to me - and the longevity of the hood`s clearcoat.

Steve

Thanks for the added information, knew the color was unusual, didn`t know its application would be so limited. I`m glad you are happy with the work I did on it.

Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli
    Nice job Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    Very nice work, Sir. Looks like your client was happy too. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job Scott! That Subie without a doubt has the nicest brown paint I`ve ever seen!!
    My pride is in the details!

736 GunTrucks -Bakersfield to Bagdad-...and everywhere in between. OIF II `04-`05

Thread Information