Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Experiment....build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Prerunner06 View Post
    As I was out in my garage. I happend to look at my sad and old PC7424 pre XP! I started to think I should get a new DA. Really want a Rupes seeing and hearing about them. But would a flex DA be a good step up or should I just drop the cash for the Rupes?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I think you would be happy with either of them. They each have their own drawbacks, however. Of course, the upside to the Rupes is the long throw and the Flex is forced-rotation. You would just have to see which product would fit your needs the best. I`m sure others that own both or have used the machines would be better equipped (no pun intended) to help you.

I hope to help with the other product recommendations that you need as the build progresses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the lack of updates. The car has been at a friends fab shop. Waiting patiently to be worked on. Hopefully I will have it back in a couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prerunner06 View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates. The car has been at a friends fab shop. Waiting patiently to be worked on. Hopefully I will have it back in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to the updates when you get it back!

Post Thanks / Like

worlds smallest update...My buddy sent me this picture yesterday

. So I instantly grabbed my helmet ran out and jumped on my bike and hauled ass over to his house. By the time I got there he was finishing up and bolting on the final pipe..decided it was time to start the car...battery was dead so we grabbed his truck jumped it.. car ran! running lean as hell so we started tuning as we got the car warmed up. burning off oils and hand prints off of everything.
    We where tuning away. trying to get the car to running better and become less lean.. we soon realized that my main fuel pump died and wasn`t supplying the engine with enough fuel.. So we lifted the car back up on the lift found out that the oil drain pipe from the turbo blew a seal and left about a quart of oil on the ground.
    So I jumped on the Internet this morning and ordered two new fuel pumps misc fuel line parts and a new o-ring. So 300 dollars later I hope to have a better update next weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got a package today. Lots and lots of fuel related goodies. Hopefully I can get them in the car tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    A good update today! Got the car running and drving. Still tuning will be boosting about 8-10 lbs by the weekend. Currently at 5 pounds.

I am now bored at work playing with paint and cleaning here and there.

Cleaned wheels.

To

Then started to play with my drivers side rear panel.

As you can see the paint is highly oxidized. But sadly all I have at work is a 3m air da with 3" pads. So wont be doing the whole car today.

Post Thanks / Like

How`s the build coming along?

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad you can`t wedge a 5.0 coyote motor in that thing with a shortened 9 inch and some tubs. I bet it would launch hard and wheel stand well past 60`

Post Thanks / Like
    The build is coming along slower then expected. Recently switched jobs. Took a pay cut due to hours so I can detail more. I have been so busy with everything the car is last to get touched. Planning out my suspension at the moment. Debating between air ride or coil overs.

Also wouldn`t be surprised if a coyote motor would fit. It`s very popular to stuff a ls in there. Some turbo them. If I plan on keeping the car there will be a V8 in the engine bay. But that`s a long time away.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Build Thread mate ! Just saw it & sub d

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote motor in a Volvo, ha! That would be the ultimate sleeper. Don`t make the exhaust crazy loud... I`d love to see the look on someone`s face when they got smoked by that thing. How stout is the turbo 4 thats in it now? Have you brought the boost up any?

Post Thanks / Like
    I still surprise people with it. Currently the boost is at 6 psi. I turned it up to 12 psi. But one day driving home, I got peddle happy and just went hard around someone blew 2 hoses off. One being to the wastegate causing the car to boost at 25 psi and blew another hose off. So I ripped my manual boost controller off and hopefully tomorrow I will have a new mount for it.

People don`t expect that the car can move. So when people come up to me at a light i like to surprise them and watch there jaws drop. But my turbo has is help on the top end. So i am good off the line. That`s about it. I would love to get a holset off a old dodge diesel.

Post Thanks / Like

Updates on that sleeper !
    2005 Smoke Met M/T SE R Altima . Ft 06 350Z EBC Ft RedStuff Pads/EBC rotors , Rr 06 350Z swap/EBC rotors , H&R Lowered Springs , LiquiMoly motor oil/Wix Filter , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake/Clutch Fluids , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix Cab Filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S Plus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information