Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished my winter detail, polished my car (black SVT Focus) to perfection, sealed with SG. All was well until a little later, when I noticed cat paw prints in my car from my girlfriend`s house, and marring in the paint from their claws. I busted out the PC, polished it out, and brought it back to perfection. Well, I drove there again the next night, and more paw prints - and marring again. Thankfully not as bad this time.

But I can`t be polishing my paint every single day, so I`ve got to come up with a solution for this... I thought about a car cover, but the car has to be totally clean to put that on without marring, right? So I`d have to QEW or quick detail my car every time I went to her house before putting the cover on, and that`s not practical at all... I don`t suppose there`s any kind of cat repellent spray or anything?

The problem is only on the hood / roof of car (hatch-back), so maybe I could come up with a way to cover that.... Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    lie in wait with a super soaker,I`m serious! If the cat thinks its going to get drenched every time it jumps on your car it will learn to avoid your wheels.Might even learn to avoid cars with a certain polished smell. :lol

My guess is it learnt it can warm its feet on a hood from a car thats just been parked up,you just need to re-educate it not to sit on YOUR car.

Post Thanks / Like
    There’s a 12v motion detector set it on hood or under the car plug it in to a water solenoid value and when cat comes by wham-o.

Small tiny copper wires hooked up to a cattle fence charger.

An expensive car alarm and set it to extra sensitive but instead of blowing horn it shakes the cat off with your low rider hydro-lifts.

Rent-a dog :sosad

You know how animals can hear better then us humans set up tape recorded msg from a dog that plays every 15 seconds.

Place Fly paper round hood or rent-a wreck car from junk yard and paint it with contact cement and when you wake up and go to the rent-a wreck you will see 20 cats stuck on the car and drive it back to the junk yard with the 20 cats stuck on top of car.

Serve papers to owner for damages from scratches for a new paint job :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super
    .....Place Fly paper round hood or rent-a wreck car from junk yard and paint it with contact cement and when you wake up and go to the rent-a wreck you will see 20 cats stuck on the car and drive it back to the junk yard with the 20 cats stuck on top of car.

Serve papers to owner for damages from scratches for a new paint job :angry

That`s one of the best methods I ever heard LOL...I can picture that.

Totoland Mach
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Moth Balls
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess you`ll have to ask yourself... "Self, is she really worth it?" :p

Post Thanks / Like
    lol, funny you posted this. I refuse to leave my car at my girlfriend`s house for the very reason. She either has to come to my house, or come pick me up and take me to hers, cuz I damn sure ain`t leavin` my car sittin` out front with the neighbor`s three cats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must say I like the Super Soaker method. I think it would eventually pay off.

Or maybe go to the store and buy a bunch of stuffed bulldogs and line them around your car? Then play that recorded barking on repeat.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I have similar problems with cats destroying property in my neighborhood. About a month ago, a cat walked into my garage (the door was open). So I shut the garage door (surprised he didn`t run out) and put the cat in a crate I had in the garage. It did not go willingly and I have a scratch and bite to prove it. I took that cat to the local animal shelter. Bye-Bye cat. Turns out that most animal shelters will lend you a cat trap that you can bait with food. The cat walks in and the cage closes behind it. Then you take the cat to the shelter. Doesn`t cost you a dime, except some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cover the hood with a heavy blanket to prevent scratches. Then put a bunch of mousetraps on the blanket and cover them with paper.

Cat jumps on car, mousetraps snap and scare cat away with no harm to cat (my wife is a cat lover - so am I, depending on how they`re cooked...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like your girl friend is well worth 70 bucks and a few C batteries. Get one of these, and let us all know how well it works:

Here`s the link: http://www.shopfromyourhome.com/Merc...ontrol_Outdoor

Yard Guard Animal Repeller

Quantity in Basket: none

Code: BIR-YardGuard

Retail: $116.65

Special Price: $69.99

Weight: 2.00 pounds

Quantity:

Repelling pests is our business.

YardGard Electronic Pest & Animal Repeller. Multiple switch settings allows you to target specific pests.

Repel dogs, cats, deer, raccoons, squirrels, skunks, opossums, armadillos, rodents, bats, insects and other creatures

PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY

30 day money back guarantee. This product has a 99% customer satisfaction rating which means that less than 1% of sales of this product are returned for unsatisfactory results.

Laboratory tested and proven this yard protector is highly effective for pest control. This electronic yard protector uses adjustable, powerful sonic and ultrasonic sound waves to repel dogs, cats, deer, rabbits, raccoons, squirrels, opossums, armadillos, skunks, bats, rodents other creatures and bugs. Humane and effective, ideal for yards, gardens, porches, buildings and greenhouses, for up to 4,000 square feet of coverage (oval pattern, 80 feet out from unit and 50 feet wide). Dual power-source capable (any standard 110 electrical plug or 4 "C" batteries)

This product has a 30 day money back guarantee and can be returned if you are not completely satisfied.

Electronic Yard Protector Features Include:

Built-in motion sensor activates when animal moves into coverage zone (approx 35 ft.)

Can be set to "always on" status and bypass motion sensor (only when plugged into 110 outlet)

30 ft extension cord plugs into standard 110vAC outlet

Also uses 4 "C" batteries for use in areas where there is no 110vAC power

Unit switches to battery power when there is a power failure

Rugged ABS plastic design

Easy to use control settings

Waterproof: Includes plastic rain cover with mounting tab

Environmentally safe

Maintenance-free

Laboratory tested

Six month manufacturer warranty

Technical Specifications:

Dimensions: 6.75" x 5.25" x 3.5"

Coverage: 4000 Square Feet

Motion sensor range: 35 x 70 feet

Frequency range: 5,000 - 25,000 Hz

Sound Pressure: 90dB @ 3 ft

UL/CUL, CE EPA listed

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a neighbor whose cat kept jumping on my car. Marred it every single time. The complex manager gave her two choices, keep the cats indoors or move. She moved. Problem solved. For now.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    She moved for a cat!?

Strange people. Maybe just try parking in a different spot? Or throw tuna away from the car? :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    2 words. Tiger Urine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, keep in mind guys, I do like my girlfriend - more than my car. Yes, I know, it`s hard for an autopian (myself included) to imagine... But I do. :p

And she isn`t going to take too well to shooting / traping the cats / modding a bug zapper into my hood / anything like that - and, honestly, neither would I, I`m a cat person myself. I just want them off of my paint.

Quote Originally Posted by HRP
    Sounds like your girl friend is well worth 70 bucks and a few C batteries. Get one of these, and let us all know how well it works:

Here`s the link: http://www.shopfromyourhome.com/Merc...ontrol_Outdoor

<snip>

Hmm, that sounds cool... Anyone have any experience with these things? I`d order one in a heart-beat if I knew they worked. Sounds kind of fishy though... Who knows, might be worth a shot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information