Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Question if you all don`t mind.

Bear with me to get to my question

My Red car has about 8 coats of Zaino Z2.

It was suggested last week to try a carnauba wax like Souverin on top of that.

Not having Souverin, I put a coat of Mother`s pure Carnauba wax(no cleaners) on my car and I was ASTOUNDED at how much better it looked.

3D`ish, extremely shiney and VERY wet looking.

Okay, so now I am sold on the idea of a Wax over a Sealant like Zaino so I ordered Souverin which arrived today.

I washed the car and put a coat of Z2 over it and it is now curing overnight.

Then tomorrow when done polishing the Z2, I am going to put the Souverin on.

My question is that someone over at my350z.com told me that once you put wax on OVER Zaino, you had to stick with wax since any new coats of Z2 will not bond - is that true?

I really like the sealant/longevity properties of Z2 but wow, the addition of pure carnbauba wax is astonishing in how much better my car looks.

Any ideas please?
    2005 Redline Enthusiast 350Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Question if you all don`t mind.

Bear with me to get to my question

My Red car has about 8 coats of Zaino Z2.

It was suggested last week to try a carnauba wax like Souverin on top of that.

Not having Souverin, I put a coat of Mother`s pure Carnauba wax(no cleaners) on my car and I was ASTOUNDED at how much better it looked.

3D`ish, extremely shiney and VERY wet looking.

Okay, so now I am sold on the idea of a Wax over a Sealant like Zaino so I ordered Souverin which arrived today.

I washed the car and put a coat of Z2 over it and it is now curing overnight.

Then tomorrow when done polishing the Z2, I am going to put the Souverin on.

My question is that someone over at my350z.com told me that once you put wax on OVER Zaino, you had to stick with wax since any new coats of Z2 will not bond - is that true?

I really like the sealant/longevity properties of Z2 but wow, the addition of pure carnbauba wax is astonishing in how much better my car looks.

Any ideas please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino will not bond on top of a carnuba wax. You will have to strip down the wax and start over if you want to apply another coat of zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino will not bond on top of a carnuba wax. You will have to strip down the wax and start over if you want to apply another coat of zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    And a good way to strip the wax without stripping the Zaino would be... wait for it... Dawn Wash.

Usually I wouldn`t recommend a Dawn wash, but it should do a pretty good job of removing wax without touching the Zaino. If you wanted to get particular and avoid the Dawn wash, you could clay the car, which should still leave some good bit of Zaino on the car, but seems like a lot of extra effort.

Anyone else got a suggestion?

Either that or don`t worry about the non-bonded coat of Z2 you just put on and slap a coat of Souveran over that - 8 coats of zaino under a coat or two of wax should be just fine - adding another coat of Z2 isn`t going to net you any noticable gains unless it`s been 6 months of outside duty for you car since you last applied the Z.

Post Thanks / Like
    And a good way to strip the wax without stripping the Zaino would be... wait for it... Dawn Wash.

Usually I wouldn`t recommend a Dawn wash, but it should do a pretty good job of removing wax without touching the Zaino. If you wanted to get particular and avoid the Dawn wash, you could clay the car, which should still leave some good bit of Zaino on the car, but seems like a lot of extra effort.

Anyone else got a suggestion?

Either that or don`t worry about the non-bonded coat of Z2 you just put on and slap a coat of Souveran over that - 8 coats of zaino under a coat or two of wax should be just fine - adding another coat of Z2 isn`t going to net you any noticable gains unless it`s been 6 months of outside duty for you car since you last applied the Z.

Post Thanks / Like
    With Zaino as your base & knowing you`ll get 6+ months of durability from the "Z", I`d apply a coat of your carnauba of choice about every 4 weeks. No need to re "Z" between layers of carnauba. 6 months from now, tear it all down & start over. I`ve layered Souveran over Z5-Z2 Pro & it looked amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    With Zaino as your base & knowing you`ll get 6+ months of durability from the "Z", I`d apply a coat of your carnauba of choice about every 4 weeks. No need to re "Z" between layers of carnauba. 6 months from now, tear it all down & start over. I`ve layered Souveran over Z5-Z2 Pro & it looked amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    A good Z7 wash after 2 or so weeks and couple of routine washes will remove any remaining Souveran if vehicle is a daily driver. The protection from the carnuaba component of Souveran will still be present but the appearance enhancers will long been dissipated. Crystal Mist will be a great addition to your Souveran regimen to easily replenish those lost oils after washing or sun exposure.

To re-apply Z2:

Z7 wash

Apply Z polish with ZFX or even better means to insure Z bonding would be the usage of Z1 on the cleaned surface. Apply Z2.

You might want to try down the road the Z2-PRO and Z8. This will duplicate the carnauba topping appearance and eliminate Zaino the re-application regimen mentioned above. :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    A good Z7 wash after 2 or so weeks and couple of routine washes will remove any remaining Souveran if vehicle is a daily driver. The protection from the carnuaba component of Souveran will still be present but the appearance enhancers will long been dissipated. Crystal Mist will be a great addition to your Souveran regimen to easily replenish those lost oils after washing or sun exposure.

To re-apply Z2:

Z7 wash

Apply Z polish with ZFX or even better means to insure Z bonding would be the usage of Z1 on the cleaned surface. Apply Z2.

You might want to try down the road the Z2-PRO and Z8. This will duplicate the carnauba topping appearance and eliminate Zaino the re-application regimen mentioned above. :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    My car also has 8 coats of Z-2 (not pro)

I have been planning on topping it with a pure carnauba paste as well. I was thinking before the carnauba trying a pure non abrasive polish such as #7 0r #81.

I asked this a few days ago in another section of the forum. I thought I might ask here as well since you are asking about Z-2 and carnauba.

Would there be any benefit to adding the pure polish step?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been planning on topping it with a pure carnauba paste as well. I was thinking before the carnauba trying a pure non abrasive polish such as #7 0r #81.

I asked this a few days ago in another section of the forum. I thought I might ask here as well since you are asking about Z-2 and carnauba.

Would there be any benefit to adding the pure polish step?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv

To re-apply Z2:

Z7 wash

Lot of great ideas so thanks.

I guess I should have been more precise in my post. I AM using Z2-PRO

It was in this forum as well as in the detailing e-book that a member pointed me to where I got the suggestion to put Carnuaba Wax over the Zaino.

I have Z-8 but it did not give me the `pop` that I was expecting but the wax REALLY does.

Quick background:

Bought my car (a Red 350Z) in May, put a coat of Z1 with 2 coats of Z5 followed by around 4 of Z2-PRO.

Not in the same day of course except for the initial Z1/Z5 one.

You can see that I have basically been putting a coat of Zaino on every other weekend.

Okay - maybe a bit excessive but before I joined this group, I was reading about folks on my350z.com who were up to like 15 coats of Zaino so I figured that was the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv

To re-apply Z2:

Z7 wash

Lot of great ideas so thanks.

I guess I should have been more precise in my post. I AM using Z2-PRO

It was in this forum as well as in the detailing e-book that a member pointed me to where I got the suggestion to put Carnuaba Wax over the Zaino.

I have Z-8 but it did not give me the `pop` that I was expecting but the wax REALLY does.

Quick background:

Bought my car (a Red 350Z) in May, put a coat of Z1 with 2 coats of Z5 followed by around 4 of Z2-PRO.

Not in the same day of course except for the initial Z1/Z5 one.

You can see that I have basically been putting a coat of Zaino on every other weekend.

Okay - maybe a bit excessive but before I joined this group, I was reading about folks on my350z.com who were up to like 15 coats of Zaino so I figured that was the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blonzz

Nice car!

I can tell that is not a daily driver car.

My new 350Z is not supposed to be my daily driver car as I also have a 2005 GMC Canyon which IS planned for that duty.

Must be the summer or something but every morning when I head out to work, I find myself migrating to the Z

This is what my car looked like last week AFTER I put a coat of Mother`s Carnauba Wax on top of the Z2-PRO

The picture does not truly do justice to how great the finish looked to the naked eye after using the carnauba wax but it is what sold me on the idea of spending the money and the effort to use Souveran (which arrived yesterday in the mail)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information