Post Thanks / Like
    While building our house, my car would sit in the sun for hours on end, everyday for over a year. As a result of not having the time to properly care for my car, there is a narrow strip on my dash that when viewed at an angle, has a dry look to it. Straight on, it looks like any other part of the dash. Is it possible to "rehydrate" that part of the dash and if so, what would I use? It bothers me every single time I look at it. The dash material is a soft textured plastic/vinyl.

Post Thanks / Like
    head to pep boys and pick-up a bottle of mother`s back to black.

follow the directions to a T.

for it to really work well you gotta message it thoroughly into the dash.
    well i don`t want fop g******** i`m a dapper dan man! - oh brother where art thou?

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might want to try some 303 on it. My understanding is that 303 soaks into the plastic/vinyl, so that might be all you need. I`ve done this before just by spraying quite a bit on the spot and letting it sit for 10-15 minutes and wiping off. The apply 303 to the whole dash like normal. Made mine looks loads better. Worth a shot if you`ve already got some 303.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prior to the 303, you may actually want to try Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil. I was browsing their site again and was surprised with its use on vinyl.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about the Leatherique. I`ll look into it. Anyone care to give me a sample so I do not have to buy a bottle? :p

I do have 303 but it is not my go-to product. Sonus, Wolfgang, and Pinnacle are my preferred interior dressings. It is amazing that my car has a "dry" strip on the dash yet my dad`s F-150, which sits outside all day long, is in perfect shape. Perhaps because my interior is dark?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had the best results with Klasse VRLP for interiors that I thought were goners. It`s rejuvenating qualities have resurrected either whole interiors or parts that needed special attention. And it doesn`t seem to be just a superficial layer of dressing that will get wiped off. My dash has had it for 8 months now and counting. Still has a nice low sheen, doesn`t attract dust and repels dirt. A quick wipe is all I`ve been doing just to get rid of pollen. I was made a believer when a faded ashtray went back to its original color (and stayed that way). It was a tired looking brown but went back to black after 2 applications. VRLP is also an outstanding interior cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Adam`s VRT has proved to me that it soaks in to the surface. It dries clean and looks with a touch more sheen that OE. I love the stuff. Oh yeah, SPF65 as well.

Thread Information