Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I was out shoveling this morining at 5:30am, my neighbor walked over and indicated he needed my detailing services on the next available warm weekend.

His baby puked in the car and he said there is a faint vomit smell.

I can obviously clean and condition the entire interior, but am I limited with carpet cleaning.

Normally I use a carpet cleaner and extract with my Craftsman 6.5hp vac without the filter.

What do you recommend on carpeting to neutralize the vomit smell keeping in mind I do not own an extractor?

Post Thanks / Like
    A good all purpose cleaner, an extractor(I used a LGM), and AutoInt`s Odor Eliminator. This worked great on my Mom`s Envoy when I did an Excorcist in her back seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about Odo-ban (or whatever its called) that they sell at Sam`s club?

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I know, AutoInt`s Odor Eliminator is the only product that`s enzymatically kills bacteria that cause the odor, though I think Meg`s has a similar product that may work just as well. The trick is to clean as much of the vomit out as possible first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a tough one Splichy...

I`d use some sort of agent thats designed to break down and deodorize organic stains, something like a high traffic pet stain remover then just clean with your shop vac like you usually do.

Not that pleasant but I doubt vomit would soak through to the carpet`s backing, even baby vomit...

Post Thanks / Like
    If I was doing the car, I would use costco APC 10/1 with HT protein powder, then extract with your vac. I would then follow up with meguiars odor eliminator. I have heard (from Meguiars)that the retail version and the pro version are the same. I get great results with retail the version.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had this problem a couple days ago and shampoo`d like normal and it corrected the problem perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duplicate threads merged.

Tort

(moderator)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TortoiseAWD

Duplicate threads merged.

Tort

(moderator)

Thanks Tort!

I tried deleting one, but it wouldn`t let me :nixweiss

Thanks for the responses fellas. I have a handful of products including Meguiar`s APC+ and Odor Eliminator. I`ll try them out.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vomit:

Is an organic stain and should be removed with an enzyme type cleaner, and the area disinfected as soon as possible, use disposable paper towelling to blot the carpet, fabric and leather surfaces to remove as much of the residue as you can. Protein Stain Remover HT-67 (topoftheline.com) a highly concentrated, biodegradable powder. Take all necessary precautions when dealing with bodily fluids (latex cloves, and etc) and when disposing of stained items.

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TOGWT

Vomit:

Is an organic stain and should be removed with an enzyme type cleaner, and the area disinfected as soon as possible, use disposable paper towelling to blot the carpet, fabric and leather surfaces to remove as much of the residue as you can. Protein Stain Remover HT-67 (topoftheline.com) a highly concentrated, biodegradable powder. Take all necessary precautions when dealing with bodily fluids (latex cloves, and etc) and when disposing of stained items.

JonM

Thanks Dr. Jon. Payment is in the mail

I checked out TOL, they have a nice selection of interior carpeting products :xyxthumbs

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you have an Oreck store near you they have a carpet cleaner for pets that breaks down vomit and feces-works pretty well

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t be waiting for the weather. You need to get it out asap. I know when I was sick and hurled in my Accord (I was in the middle of a left turn and just couldn`t open my door quickly enough) I didn`t wait long to clean it up. As soon as I finished puking, I got to work.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    When my dog puked on my bedroom carpet a while back, I wiped the mess off as much as I could immediately. Then I sprayed Detailer`s Pride Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner on the stains, and let it sit for a minute or so. Then I sprayed OxiClean and warm water on the stains and allowed it to sit for a minute. Wipe with paper towel, and then blot dry for a couple minutes.

The stains are gone, and there is no noticeable smell either.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Little Green Clean machine!! I can`t believe more people done use it, it is perfect for seats and carpet. I think many people would be surprised how well it works.
    94` Toyota Supra

Red on black leather.

Turbo of course..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information