Post Thanks / Like
    of AIO & SG to do a 2004 Accord 4-door? I have a 2oz sample from Yosteve`s of each. Will this suffice by PC/AIO and Hand/SG?

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s *way* more SG than you`ll need, that`s for sure. I`m not all that sparing when I use AIO, but I think you`ll be fine with 2 oz. of that also. Try to *not* use any more than you need though, you might even consider doing it by hand to make sure you have plenty.

Heh heh, I could do our minivan a lot of times with 2 oz. of SG If you use *one* ounce on the Accord it`ll be a lot more than you need to use. You`ll get easier removal if you use a lot less than that.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That much should suffice if your careful enough

(AIO) Application Methodology:

·First, and most importantly, thoroughly prepare your paint film surface.

·Wash, use detailers clay, polish and apply a pre-wax Cleaner

·Shake product container vigorously to ensure mixing

·Apply to a clean, dry surface away from direct sunlight

·Dampen the applicator with water or use a lubricating spray during application

·Place a small amount of product (about the size of a dime) on to a damp (but not wet) applicator (not the paint surface) apply a thin even film of product to paint surface.

·If you are using a Porter-Cable orbital polisher to apply AIO, use a mild cutting foam (white) pad, using a low speed (3.5 â€â€œ 4.0) and light pressure, let the polish / cleaners do the work

(SG) Application Methodology:

·Shake product container vigorously to ensure mixing

·Do not dampen the applicator with water or use any lubricating sprays during application.

·Apply to a clean, dry surface, with a temperature of >50 â€â€œ 90<o F, away from direct sunlight

·Place a small amount of product (about the size of a dime) on to a dry applicator (not the paint surface) and using a light to medium even pressure, apply a thin even film of product to paint surface.

·As an alternative, pour some SG into small misting spray bottle, this will enable you to cover the applicator while using the minimum amount of product, and this will ensure a super thin application.

·Apply to whole vehicle (3/4 to 1.0oz should be sufficient for most vehicles) taking care not to apply to absorbent surfaces (i.e. unpainted plastics and rubber trim)

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used maybe 1 oz of AIO with my PC.

I dont use SG, but i maybe, just maybe used 1/2 or a 1/4 oz of UPP to do one coat. Barely any.

Post Thanks / Like
    That amount of SG should do the car 3 times! Remember, if you think it is thin enough, its TOO THICK!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an `03 Accord and I use about 1.5 oz of AIO and less than an oz of SG to do the car. If you use more than that you are using too much. I put both in a 2 oz mister that I bought at Wally World and it saves product and makes for a thin even coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you apply a pre-wax cleaner AFTER the polish, surely that will deaden the polished surface ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Axe

Why would you apply a pre-wax cleaner AFTER the polish, surely that will deaden the polished surface ?

I dont. AIO first by PC then SG with MF Applicatiod by hand. The other thing I do is after I remove it I give the whole car the once over with the PC And MF Bonnet. Really looks good after the MF bonnet buff!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, that question was aimed at TOGWT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Axe

Axe-enlighten me, I obviously screwed up?
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you apply a pre-wax cleaner AFTER the polish, surely that will deaden the polished surface ? AXE

AIO= Klasse All-In-One SG= Klasse Sealant Glaze

Pre-Wax Cleaner??

Post Thanks / Like
    Axe was referring to:

(AIO) Application Methodology:

·First, and most importantly, thoroughly prepare your paint film surface.

·Wash, use detailers clay, polish and apply a pre-wax Cleaner
    It makes sense to me if you have a badly oxidised car like the one I did today. It`s a great idea.

It was my first foray into AIO. What a product. :up

It worked really well...cleaned up lots of dirty oxidation on white s/s paint. My pad came up dark grey!

I found it strange to touch the finished surface..it felt kind of plasticy. So that`s what pure acrylic feels like!

In this situation a pre-wax cleaner would`ve done much of the heavy work and allowed the AIO to finesse the finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I`ll remove it , you`re right there is no point in using a pre-wax cleaner cleaner with AIO (a chemical cleaner)

JonM

[Wash vehicle, use detailers clay, and then polish] thanks Alfisti it`ll save the proofreader a job)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes alfisiti/Jon that is what I meant, I thought I was missing something in the cleaning process for a minute when I saw it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Face saving outright lie- It`s to ensure paint is very clean...:0

Thread Information